• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Kaladin

sequels rarely retroactively make their predecessor bad, so who cares

Yeezus retroactively made Kanye's discography bad tho

Oh this one did. This one did.

Rachael Newman has developed an interest for murders after she encountered psychopath Patrick Bateman. To further study the subject, she enrolls at the university department for Behavioural and Social Sciences, under the expert leadership of former FBI agent Robert Starkman. Very certain about herself, Rachael has one single goal: to become class assistant. It's a prestigious job as having that position will almost guarantee employment at the FBI. But becoming class assistant is no easy task to accomplish, as the first trouble arises when secretary Gerty Fleck decides she is too young for it. And Gerty Fleck won't be the only obstacle.

Mahonay

Banned
If Mahonay doesn't pay the shipping, we send it to him instead.
giphy.gif

Kaladin

What is everyone's favorite monster movie?

I love the classic Godzilla stuff, but it can't touch modern tech on these. I'm torn between Cloverfield and Godzilla (2014).

Mahonay

Banned
Spider-Man 3 retroactively made Spider-Man bad.
Another movie that I couldn't get past 10 minutes in. Just...lifeless and awful.

Worst movie I ever saw in the theater was the 2005 Fantastic Four. My high school buddies dragged me to it despite me telling them it was guaranteed to be bad. It's the only time I tried to leave in the middle of a movie.

Sephzilla

Things that were worse than the Venom stuff in Spider-Man 3

• Harry playing Tony Hawk's Pro Goblin
  • Mary Jane being the unofficial 4th villain of the movie
  • Sandman's origin
  • Sandman being retconned into Uncle Ben's death
  • The entire Harry redemption subplot
  • Every character refusing to think like a human

Caderfix

I love the classic Godzilla stuff, but it can't touch modern tech on these. I'm torn between Cloverfield and Godzilla (2014).

1 - Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
2 - Pacific Rim
3 - Tremors
4 - Cloverfield
5 - The Thing (If it counts)

imBask

Banned
Spider-Man 3 legit made me wonder if Sam Raimi was a fraud and somehow managed to get lucky with every movie he made before that one

it was that bad

Caderfix

Things that were worse than the Venom stuff in Spider-Man 3

• Harry playing Tony Hawk's Pro Goblin
  • Mary Jane being the unofficial 4th villain of the movie
  • Sandman's origin
  • Sandman being retconned into Uncle Ben's death
  • The entire Harry redemption subplot
  • Every character refusing to think like a human

Seph, with all due respect, fuck all of that GIVE ME A GOOD VENOM.

You are right, terrible movie for a bunch of reasons, specially considering the first two.

Kaladin

I don't know about anyone else here. But I get hype any time I see an end of the world / apocalypse / monster attack / natural disaster / alien invasion / end of humanity kind of film....no matter how bad it's going to be. I'm looking at you San Andreas.

Hex

Banned
Yeahhh...Cabin in the Woods is pretty fucking good. One of the most enjoyable theater experiences I've ever had. Going with a bunch of dorky friends was the best way to see it.

My only problem with Cabin in the Woods is it felt too wink wink nudge nudge we are so smart and clever and just never felt natural

Menome

I'm not a big fan of kaiju movies, so I'd say the original King Kong, just because it's an all-round great classic movie.

Outside of that, I don't tend to see others as 'monster' movies. They're horror movies, or comedy-horrors etc. that feature monsters.

Mahonay

Banned
My only problem with Cabin in the Woods is it felt too wink wink nudge nudge we are so smart and clever and just never felt natural
It's all wink wink nudge nudge. It's Joss Whedon spending an entire movie being a gigantic dork. It's why I love it.

Sephzilla

Cabin in the Woods is Joss Whedon spending too much time going LOOK AT HOW CLEVER I AM instead of being a more complete movie.

Are we talking Kaiju movies or monster movies as a whole?

Sephzilla

Spider-Man 3 legit made me wonder if Sam Raimi was a fraud and somehow managed to get lucky with every movie he made before that one

it was that bad

You felt that because Sam Raimi
is a fraud. His claim to fame is Evil Dead, a franchise that only became famous because everyone laughed at how bad the first movie was.
Big monster movies, kaiju or US monster movies....but the big city destroyers.

It's exclusively Godzilla movies

1- Godzilla 1954
2- Return of Godzilla
3- Godzilla Final Wars
4- Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
5- Godzilla vs Biollante

Kong: Skull Island and Pacific Rim are in the top 10 as well

Top Bottom