• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

I made the tourneys for the GAF Tour. They will last for 14 days.

Sky Island (AP:-18): 35 - 1457 - 1758 - 6568
Wiggler Park (AP: -11): 07 - 4775 - 33826 - 5759

14 days is pretty much because Mario Kart 8.

I don't need 14 days! I just got a -19 and -12 on those courses, respectively.

Now I can focus on Mario Kart. ^_^

It wasn't my intention, actually. I was just trying to shoot for the Adjusted Par and I got a hole-in-one on the first hole (which is surprisingly easy; I get it about 25% of the time). I would have been satisfied with a -18, but I managed to finish without missing any other birdies.

Incidentally, my first attempt at Sky Island was a -17.

daydream

Banned
It wasn't my intention, actually. I was just trying to shoot for the Adjusted Par and I got a hole-in-one on the first hole (which is surprisingly easy; I get it about 25% of the time). I would have been satisfied with a -18, but I managed to finish without missing any other birdies.

Incidentally, my first attempt at Sky Island was a -17.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Anustart

Oh boy. I just finished the 5th hole in the Speed Tourney and my time is 1:58.12.

Can I finish strong or choke wrong?!

Edit: Improved time to 3:45.25, still in 3rd in Americas.

zlCfzR-dyAMAnnPMXB

I just got a -14 in a random community match. 2 chip-in eagles and was this close to a chip-in albatross.

Too bad I can't play that well all the time. The match before that I got a -3 lol.

donny2112

Just got my first albatross!! So happy!!

Saw someone post an easy way to get Albatross's on GameFAQs. Hadn't gotten any myself the whole game prior, so promptly used it to get 3 and the
NES Open costume
. Go to
DK's Moon Coins and choose the one with all the barrels. Shoot into the leftmost barrel, super backspin, and it should be a relatively easy putt for Albatross

daydream

Banned
Saw someone post an easy way to get Albatross's on GameFAQs. Hadn't gotten any myself the whole game prior, so promptly used it to get 3 and the
NES Open costume
. Go to
DK's Moon Coins and choose the one with all the barrels. Shoot into the leftmost barrel, super backspin, and it should be a relatively easy putt for Albatross

Yeah, that's how I did it.

To get the costume for three hole-in-ones, just do the first hole of Sky Island over and over again.

One-On, One-Putt Challenge

get to the 9th hole

7 mph wind

slightly early on sweet spot

no top/backspin

somehow end up in the rough

I'm not even sure if I'm angry

donny2112

In Americas Tournament 2, if you see a ghost of someone on the Par 5 Hole 17 hitting a 270 yd drive smack into the middle of the palm tree on the right side of the course, that's me. :lol

Hale-XF11

I like that I'm getting better with more practice. Just got 10 holes (after about 8 tries) in the Americas one-on, one-putt contest. Currently in 55th place with what could be my first gold trophy. But with 6 days left, I'm guessing I could still get bumped down. Not sure if I can do better though. I suck at putting in the rain.

Oh wow, I'm currently #10 in the Americas One-On, One-Putt 1 with a score of 14.

Although, I have no motivation to do better because it takes forever to retry it since you have to go back to the tournament room and click on the electronic board each time, which means that you have to spend an extra ~30 seconds to reconnect to the internet. Really annoying.

I have no idea why Camelot didn't implement a "Play Again" feature for the Castle Club tournaments.

It is funny how all the ghosts disappeared from my play session after hole 6 though lol.

EDIT: I'm also currently #10 in the DLC Coin Rush tournament. Odd coincidence.

RoadDogg

!@#%@!!@$ My work schedule got shifted around this week so I didn't get a chance to get the Super Mushroom Combo and Super Mushroom Visor. I was planning to do it this week but forgot about the holiday and then had to travel for work so I missed it! I really hate the item & coin modes so I put them off to last every time :(

Anustart

I was a little confused when I hit a 107y drive BACKWARDS off the tee. Upon closer inspection, my ball hit one of the little doodads on the tee box and took off in the other direction.

Raptomex

So I got the season pass at release. I'm trying to play the DLC coin rush 3 and it tells me I need to download content? What content do I need. I downloaded everything I could along with the season pass. I live in the US if that matters.

So I got the season pass at release. I'm trying to play the DLC coin rush 3 and it tells me I need to download content? What content do I need. I downloaded everything I could along with the season pass. I live in the US if that matters.
You'll need to download the Flower Pack from Toad's Booth, since it's out now. Go to Toad's Booth and press things until you trigger an update.

Tell me Sky Island unlocks after the 9 hole On-On, One-Putt challenge.

If it doesn't, this game is going to collect dust on my shelf for the next couple of months/year.

2 fucking mulligans used on hole 8 and I choke on 9.

daydream

Banned
Tell me Sky Island unlocks after the 9 hole On-On, One-Putt challenge.

If it doesn't, this game is going to collect dust on my shelf for the next couple of months/year.

2 fucking mulligans used on hole 8 and I choke on 9.

Yup, unlocks after the 9 hole challenge. :) Good luck!

I DID IT

I FINALLY DID IT

Who would've thought listening to Bay Area rap while keeping the game muted would've put me in that perfect zone?

Then again, I probably had enough practice after failing 100 times

Velcro Fly

Is there an easy way to grind coins

Because I think I'm just going to buy like 10 mulligans to get through the one on one putt challenge.

FrAsp

Neo Member
Hi everyone!
A fellow European golfer here! Got this game last Wednesday. Loving it! Is there some kind of tournament that you guys are hosting? I would love to be part of the gang. ^^

Is there an easy way to grind coins

Because I think I'm just going to buy like 10 mulligans to get through the one on one putt challenge.

Gold Mario + coins on the course (and getting a good score) I think is the easiest... Plus doing well on online tournaments but that takes a while.

Top Bottom