• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

daydream

Banned
Is there an easy way to grind coins

Because I think I'm just going to buy like 10 mulligans to get through the one on one putt challenge.

Easiest (aside from doing well or halfway decently in tourneys) is to play the DLC coin tourneys over and over again. You should be able to get, let's say, 5-9k out of them, so just replay them over and over, also improving your standing which nets you more coins at the end, obviously. Nintendo is really grateful that you bought the Season Pass, so they shower you with coins in those. :p

Edit: Ah, before I forget, you also get coin powerups aplenty in those tournaments, so use them!

Bairds

Neo Member
Was really unsure based on the demo or the back of the case, but does this game support local multiplayer - as in pass and play on the same DS? Was thinking of playing it on a trip with the lady and was unsure if the multiplayer is just over wifi/ad-hoc.

donny2112

Was really unsure based on the demo or the back of the case, but does this game support local multiplayer - as in pass and play on the same DS? Was thinking of playing it on a trip with the lady and was unsure if the multiplayer is just over wifi/ad-hoc.

Just checked, and there does not appear to be such an option. Can take turns driving and play the course(s) one at a time and compare scores that way. Doesn't seem to be a "take turns" multi-player mode in the Vs. options, though.

Easiest (aside from doing well or halfway decently in tourneys) is to play the DLC coin tourneys over and over again. You should be able to get, let's say, 5-9k out of them, so just replay them over and over, also improving your standing which nets you more coins at the end, obviously. Nintendo is really grateful that you bought the Season Pass, so they shower you with coins in those. :p

Edit: Ah, before I forget, you also get coin powerups aplenty in those tournaments, so use them!

As reference, 10K per round on DLC Coin Rush (there's one this week, but it alternates with DLC Stroke Play) is completely reasonable, and then you can play it again and again for another ~10K per round play (18 holes). And for reference on the tournaments, getting close to 100K per week with all the online tourneys is not an impossible level to hit. 50K per week is almost guaranteed if you're pretty decent.

daydream

Banned
As reference, 10K per round on DLC Coin Rush (there's one this week, but it alternates with DLC Stroke Play) is completely reasonable, and then you can play it again and again for another ~10K per round play (18 holes). And for reference on the tournaments, getting close to 100K per week with all the online tourneys is not an impossible level to hit. 50K per week is almost guaranteed if you're pretty decent.

You're right, yes, I was trying to come up with the amount from memory.

Bairds

Neo Member
Just checked, and there does not appear to be such an option. Can take turns driving and play the course(s) one at a time and compare scores that way. Doesn't seem to be a "take turns" multi-player mode in the Vs. options, though.

Well balls on a cat that's no good. Thanks for the quick response.

jamsy

So I've been playing the demo of this over and over. The beach course is so damn relaxing and nice.

GAF, convince me to pull the trigger? Someone also tell me that there aren't that many seizure inducing Princess Peach pink courses in the full game...

donny2112

The Peach courses are great. Not sure where this seizure-inducing stuff comes from. *mind boggles* Anyways, the Peach course is only 9 holes. 4 x 18-hole courses and 6 x 9-hole courses, of which Peach is one of them. + 6 x 18 hole courses in DLC. :p

jamsy

The Peach courses are great. Not sure where this seizure-inducing stuff comes from. *mind boggles* Anyways, the Peach course is only 9 holes. 4 x 18-hole courses and 6 x 9-hole courses, of which Peach is one of them. + 6 x 18 hole courses in DLC. :p

Well the one challenge hole with all the pink in the demo didn't really sit well with my retinas...

Ended up buying it. Should I spring for the DLC stuff right away or hold off on that?

daydream

Banned
Well the one challenge hole with all the pink in the demo didn't really sit well with my retinas...

Ended up buying it. Should I spring for the DLC stuff right away or hold off on that?

The last DLC pack is either releasing this week or next week, according to our calculations. In terms of content, it's absolutely worth it.

I was on a roll in the One-On One-Putt Tournament but on Hole 11 I forgot it was raining until right after I had hit the putt.

Oops.

EDIT: The "trick" is to use normal backspin a lot.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Argh. I'm stuck at -17 on America's Tournament 2. 4 times now I've ended with -17. The last attempt would have been -18 after my eagle on 17, but then I messed up my putt on 18 and had to settle for par. Not counting any fluke 100m+ eagle shots, a perfect run would get me -22, but every eagle I get always seems to be cancelled out by a par. Need to work on my putting in the rain, or just getting better placement onto the green so that I don't have to worry about putting along slopes.

daydream

Banned
European Point Play #3 (according to Robin's list) shows up as #2 for me in-game. Did they mess up the naming?

Edit: Just noticed we're in Community now. :eek:

Robin64

European Point Play #3 (according to Robin's list) shows up as #2 for me in-game. Did they mess up the name?

They messed up the original name. The official website listed (and still lists) the recent One On, One Putt as Point Play #2, with the upcoming Point Play #2 being listed as Point Play #3.

daydream

Banned
They messed up the original name. The official website listed (and still lists) the recent One On, One Putt as Point Play #2, with the upcoming Point Play #2 being listed as Point Play #3.

That clears it up, thanks!

Currently amassing coins to get enough mulligans for the 18 hole challenge. I can turn the game off before it saves and try again if it doesn't work out, right? :p

Jasconius

Finally got some time to play after being out of town and sick and busy alternately! ~.~

Today I found out that Wiggler Park is kind of annoying from the tournament tees!

Velcro Fly

17 and 18 on the DLC Stroke Play tourney this week killed me. I was -13 after 16 holes which is ok I suppose but finished +3 to go -10 overall. Rough stuff.

GAF Tour update: You can now see how many points you have right now.

Red = You are currently at or above the all birdie mark. You're on track to cut, in other words.
Blue = GJ you're a freak and have made above the AP each time.
Orange = You have confirmed yourself to only be trying once each time.
Yellow = One missing score
Pink = Two or more missing scores
Green = Four or more missing scores (won't be possible for a couple days) and if you have no scores the following two tourneys then I'll consider dropping you so I don't waste my time looking for your scores.

If you have yellow or pink and I genuinely missed you then please notify me about this ASAP.

The next two tourneys end soon so please get on that. Speaking of which, I'll get on that after dinner. For real now.

Spreadsheet link for convenience: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak9HPe1aps6adEhndzV3YWFsVk1memlkWnBacHB1NWc#gid=0

Oh shit, I missed tournaments last week. No bob-omb stuff for me! Really hoping they come around again now. :D
I was up until 4-something AM last night just sandbagging through them. I didn't even submit a score because I was just giving up every hole.

The current batch of tournaments will get all my love and care though.

But yeah, the Castle Tournament is really hard.

I wish they gave us the option to play on this sadist version of the course whenever we wished. :(

But it makes sense that they would make the course a lot harder for a Major. They probably have sadist versions of the other courses, too.

Jasconius

Ugh, 2 tries at the castle tournament, 2 long chip-in eagles, 0 decent scores. :( :( :(

I guess -15 is good enough for gold atm but I feel like I could do much better with so many barely missed putts...

These greens are challenging, I'm surprised they didn't turn off the shot line, though, for the major tournaments!

EDIT: Putted a lot better and got a -18 with one eagle and one par. Those greens just have a really different feel to them than the normal ones!

Anustart

-11 on first try for the Kaizo Mario Golf tourney.

Also, did I miss a tourney? Could have sworn I did world tourney 3, but all that shows is 1 and 2...

This week's GAF Tour tourneys are a bit different:
In celebration of Yoshi's Woolly World being the cutest thing ever, this shall be Yoshi Week. Yoshi only, but front tees and weak winds. Using Star Yoshi is highly recommended.

Yoshi Lake: 33-1485-5789-3567
Mountain Course: 31 - 9588 - 5195 - 2587

Velcro Fly

I got -6 on my first try. I missed so many putts and had so many difficult ones. I just need to get it in my head for that tourney to not leave approaches short like I normally do. Need to just aggressively go for the hole otherwise I'm stuck putting 25 feet away up Everest on some holes

daydream

Banned
Lots of tournaments this week. I wonder if the schedule really ends June 26 (not counting Callaway tourneys). I guess the rerun has to start sometime.

Also, the item for Mario Open - Open Coin Rush should be '? Block Visor' in your (handy) document, Robin. :)

Anustart

Lots of tournaments this week. I wonder if the schedule really ends June 26 (not counting Callaway tourneys). I guess the rerun has to start sometime.

Also, the item for Mario Open - Open Coin Rush should be '? Block Visor' in your (handy) document, Robin. :)

I thought there were several castle tournaments. Or at least ones you have to qualify for.

Top Bottom