• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Gattuso

Nephew? Please...

I'm fighting a ninja on the back of a moving t-rex.

Tecmo asked me to test NG4 scenarios

I don't know these ones like to play dangerously I was just pointed at with a lighter. (not the pocket ones)
edit: dinner's ready so i'm disconnecting myself. I don't want to feel the flames of something other than the oven for not getting up and eating.

I finally three-starred all of the cups, after buying the game the day it came out. >_<

Getting a 3DS XL pushed me into picking the game back up again. I had only played the game for about eight hours before that! Overall, I don't really like the new courses especially well. It's still a great game though, at least when blue shell spam on the last lap isn't making you pull your hair out!

I'll have to try some more online races too. I've only played a few so far!

Gattuso

The online races were pretty fun for a while and then it started getting too intense for me so I stopped playing the online modes for good with the exception of the weekly gaf races. the blue shell is devastating as usual in this.

I'm still working on my 3* cups but I noticed that the AI never launches the blue shell right away. Whoever gets it usually hold onto it for long enough for you to notice and drop into 2nd before it gets launched. Seems like the fairest way to force high level players to pay attention to that bottom screen.

The super high level players seem to know how to avoid them without mushrooms too but none of them will tell me :mad:

Anteo

I'm still working on my 3* cups but I noticed that the AI never launches the blue shell right away. Whoever gets it usually hold onto it for long enough for you to notice and drop into 2nd before it gets launched. Seems like the fairest way to force high level players to pay attention to that bottom screen.

The super high level players seem to know how to avoid them without mushrooms too but none of them will tell me :mad:

Drop into a pit just before it hits, come back using the turbo thing. Saves time.

ffdgh

If there aren't any pits, run over a banana if one is around right when you're about to be hit and it'll cut the helpless time down. There's also the option of running into a mushroom on the ground but that's rarer to pull off lol.

Against the AI I usually just get a really big lead to the point where it doesn't really matter if I get BS'd. I don't have a magical method to avoiding them. I can try to reduce the impact as described by the last couple posts but actually avoiding it without losing time? Nah.

Though occasionally you have to predict that somebody is going to brake or drive off the stage to try to get you hit so you can avoid falling for their shenanigans, though! But occasionally I'm just oblivious anyways.

Shrooms in 1st help, though. Why is that only in GP? :(

EDIT: Soon after waking up this morning I learned that my grandpa had died in a car crash so I'm not really in the mood to play today. I *could* play but I wouldn't be into it at all.

Against the AI I usually just get a really big lead to the point where it doesn't really matter if I get BS'd. I don't have a magical method to avoiding them. I can try to reduce the impact as described by the last couple posts but actually avoiding it without losing time? Nah.

Though occasionally you have to predict that somebody is going to brake or drive off the stage to try to get you hit so you can avoid falling for their shenanigans, though! But occasionally I'm just oblivious anyways.

Shrooms in 1st help, though. Why is that only in GP? :(

EDIT: Soon after waking up this morning I learned that my grandpa had died in a car crash so I'm not really in the mood to play today. I *could* play but I wouldn't be into it at all.
Oh my, that's awful. My condolences to you and your family.
Sorry for your loss, that's something I wouldn't want to wake up to.
Is this week going to be a dead one?
I was here to join but maybe we should put off this week for Shark.
If there aren't any pits, run over a banana if one is around right when you're about to be hit and it'll cut the helpless time down. There's also the option of running into a mushroom on the ground but that's rarer to pull off lol.
I know about the pit trick since I've seen Prinny do it but I thought I saw someone brake as it was about to hit to avoid it. Maybe they hit a banana peel or something else though. Oh, 1st would usually have one so you could just throw it forward.

Gattuso

blue shell is as devastating as always. i also hate it when red shells hit me from the front even though it came from the person behind me.
edit:whoa where did everyone go?

Top Bottom