• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Jucksalbe

Banned
I wanted to go back to this game now in anticipation of MK8. I mostly played singleplayer before and wanted to finally dive into the Time Trial and Online modes. Some questions:

- Are there no local leaderboards in TT? I'd like to see my best 5 times at least.
- Also, is there no way to look up your times without going through all the TT menus for each track? Pretty sure MKWii had some kind of overview.
- How important is it to collect the coins in TT? Not sure if the speed difference is worth the wider line to get them.
- Is there still an active GAF community playing this online? It seems I added the 150cc community mentioned in the OP when I first played it, but that one seems to be almost empty.

I hope MK8 has a deeper TT mode, but they should really keep the option to select 7 other ghosts, that's a lot of fun.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well getting 10 coins will unlock your top speed so to get the best TT times you'll have to try and get at least 10 coins asap. Coins collected in TT however do not count towards your coin total.

We play on Thursdays in that community at around 9 PM Eastern

Though it seems nothing happened last week. Blame me for not being there. ;_;

For TTs you try to max out your coins without killing your lines too badly. Sometimes it takes 2 laps to do this and on a couple tracks you don't even bother maxing out.

Jucksalbe

Banned
What triggers a "Star Racer" in Grand Prix mode? I've played over 20 hours in this mode, but today was the first time I saw that. Is it some kind of Streetpass thing?

Jucksalbe

Banned
No, when I played a Grand Prix, I got an additional message about a "Star Racer" participating that was someone's Mii. He then joined the Grand Prix as a driver (AI controlled).

Jucksalbe

Banned
I'd like to state that I got 3 star rating on my racer. finally!

Without going crazy? Congratulations! Trying to get that in the Mirror class is what made me stop the game when I first played it. I now finally managed to get the 3 stars on the Mirror Star Cup, but I still have some other cups left. At least I have two stars on my file. But it always annoys me, that I'm never 100% sure what leads to these rankings.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks.
9PM is in the middle of the night for me, so no wonder I never see anyone online.
Same which is why most of my playtime consisted of playing against streetpasses on the commute to work.

One day I'll get 20,000 coins. One day.

J@hranimo

Banned
I can, although I don't know if you are serious or not.

I'm serious. I've been getting back into Mario Kart 7 online lately mainly in anticipation for Mario Kart 8 coming out in a few months. I'm glad even a few people still play in the GAF community even though it doesn't seem as popular as it was before.

Top Bottom