• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Socreges

Banned
So is snaking a problem in online, meaning the only way to get a clean game is to play other GAFers?

Just got the game about a week ago. Beating 50cc (very boring) and 100cc (much better) before trying 150cc (can't wait), which is presumably how one unlocks all the other characters...? I wish it could be done earlier.

ffdgh

So is snaking a problem in online, meaning the only way to get a clean game is to play other GAFers?

Just got the game about a week ago. Beating 50cc (very boring) and 100cc (much better) before trying 150cc (can't wait), which is presumably how one unlocks all the other characters...? I wish it could be done earlier.

Snaking has been out since the wii version so no need to worry.
Get first in certain cups to unlock characters. Yeah all are in 150cc

Hihi. If somebody else is here, post + open room please. EDIT: Watching Sound of Music with dad so don't expect me to do it. We're nearing the end though.

Ugh, I couldn't drift at all in the beginning.

I was wondering what was gong on. It's seemed to level out our skill levels though LOL

Edit: Shark, you better be watching the unrated director's cut of Sound of Music where Julie Andrews strips down and kills all the Nazis or I'm not going to forgive you for leaving me alone with Prinny!

Edit2: OK, I must know. what happened there?

Gattuso

Looks my R button is completely done for. The 3DS thinks it's being pressed and held down even though it isn't. I waited to see if it would stop if I had it turned off for a while but that didn't do much.

Prinny

Looks my R button is completely done for. The 3DS thinks it's being pressed and held down even though it isn't. I waited to see if it would stop if I had it turned off for a while but that didn't do much.
Have you tried to use compressed air? It seems to have to fixed mine, for now.

Socreges

Banned
What are 'VR' and why did I start with 1000? Especially strange when others have roughly 800...

And the stars on people's profiles are acquired how?

Draconian

What are 'VR' and why did I start with 1000? Especially strange when others have roughly 800...

And the stars on people's profiles are acquired how?

VR stands for vs. rating. You start off with 1000 points and then gain or lose points depending on how well you do.

The stars come from single player.

Socreges

Banned
Gotcha. I did pretty well off the bat. Didn't know I could lose points. Destroyed everyone on SNES Rainbow, but that's my shit.

I think I've gotta start deleting Animal Crossing 'friends' to make my list more manageable. Then I'll add you guys (best way to do this? Look at profiles?)

My XL's L button did this once. If that happens something got stuck on something. There are ways to fix that. In addition to the compressed air you already used to fix it, you can also use a clean tooth brush. Cleaning alcohol can do wonders, too, but if you don't know what you're doing and use way too much then you can fuck things up.

This is my first Mario Kart since Mario Kart DS in 2005. I really enjoyed the game in the 50cc mode. It was easy, but it was cool seeing all the tracks. After beating 50cc with 3 gold stars on all tracks (not hard), I moved on to 100cc. I was really disappointed that there were no new tracks for this mode.

I'm feeling my motivation to play wane as I'm consistently getting 2 stars in all the tracks. I'm in 1st place for 3 out of the 4 races and then for one of them I get destroyed by blue shells then a red shell then lightning bolt and then I can't do better than 4th place.

I know. I know. "That's Mario Kart". I've only played for 6 hours. I want to be excited to play more, but I'm not. Any help for getting out of this rut?

This is my first Mario Kart since Mario Kart DS in 2005. I really enjoyed the game in the 50cc mode. It was easy, but it was cool seeing all the tracks. After beating 50cc with 3 gold stars on all tracks (not hard), I moved on to 100cc. I was really disappointed that there were no new tracks for this mode.

I'm feeling my motivation to play wane as I'm consistently getting 2 stars in all the tracks. I'm in 1st place for 3 out of the 4 races and then for one of them I get destroyed by blue shells then a red shell then lightning bolt and then I can't do better than 4th place.

I know. I know. "That's Mario Kart". I've only played for 6 hours. I want to be excited to play more, but I'm not. Any help for getting out of this rut?
You may just need to unlock more karts, parts and characters until you find the right combo to suit your skills better. Learning the ins and outs of taking advantage of each tracks shortcuts and boosts for tricks should help a lot too.

Oh and to MKGAF, lobby's open!

What you need to do is play Mario Kart 7 with GAF, dude! 9-ish PM Eastern on Thursdays.

That said, I can consistently 3-star 150cc and Mirror Mode so... :/ In GP you are given mushrooms in 1st so you can dodge blue shells. Are you saving them when you get them to take advantage of that? Other than that you just want to build up a huge lead so when you do get blue shelled you can tank it. Use at least 3.75 acceleration for the easiest time.

Ah well, off to start a room...

EDIT: I GOT FUCKING NINJA'D OH MY GOD I AM SO SLOW AT POSTING

Prinny

Hmm, that race was way too close.

Edit: It was fine in the 1st race. Hopping/drifting is slightly delayed sometime.

Edit2: LOL

Oh, I totally choked again. Hit the wall or you would have never caught me :p

Edit: OK, so I'm going to go way out on a limb here and assume that your button stopped working again?

Edit2: Oh that was so unfair in the last race. How'd they let the train do that to me?

Game, I wasn't in 1st on Koopa Beach. I was in 3rd. Why'd you say I was in 1st?

That track's position tracking is clearly garbage. ;_;
I think that you're glitching a bit (bad wifi?). I noticed you jumping all over the track at points. The game corrects all the positioning later though.

Edit:I saw what you tried to do Prinny! Not cool LOL

Top Bottom