• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

I'm terrible at fighting games, including Smash, so it's MK8 still for me.

I played the game this weekend after a couple months of hiatus. Is it my imagination or has the AI difficulty been nerfed considerably? I'm having little trouble placing 1st even on 150 cc and the dreaded blue shell appears less than I remember it. I also get halfway-decent power-ups even at 2nd or 1st.

...Or did I just magically get good at Mario Kart?

dwuu

Banned
WOW, just so amazed Nintendo went the extra mile and redid all the exsisting 32 tracks.

The difference is pretty significant, lot's of new touches, dosen't feel as empty, more sound effects and better course arrangements.

Guys I try to upload a video to youtube via MK8, however every time I reach this page to accept access to Youtube it doesn't actually let me accept. The button is greyed out. The regular Youtube app on my Wii U is verified and connected to my account, however through MK8 it just doesn't let me... Has this issue been had before and how can I fix this? Googling didn't really help me.

This is the page I'm stuck on. It's in dutch, but basically the 'accept' at the button is just greyed out. u-u

Roo

Guys I try to upload a video to youtube via MK8, however every time I reach this page to accept access to Youtube it doesn't actually let me accept. The button is greyed out. The regular Youtube app on my Wii U is verified and connected to my account, however through MK8 it just doesn't let me... Has this issue been had before and how can I fix this? Googling didn't really help me.

This is the page I'm stuck on. It's in dutch, but basically the 'accept' at the button is just greyed out. u-u
Mario Kart TV is basically useless right now.
The DLC update messed something up (to an OS level) making it almost impossible to upload new videos to YouTube. They said they will release a patch for that soon so just wait a little.

WOW, just so amazed Nintendo went the extra mile and redid all the exsisting 32 tracks.

The difference is pretty significant, lot's of new touches, dosen't feel as empty, more sound effects and better course arrangements.

What the actual hell are you talking about?

Roo

Egg Cup became our default lunch break multiplayer routine here at work.

It is my second favorite cup in the game.
I hope the second DLC brings short but hectic tracks similar to Yoshi Circuit, Rainbow Road and Excitebike Arena.
They might not be the best tracks design wise but hell they're the funnest from the bunch.
I have to say I was a little upset about them being back when they were fist announced but now I'm glad. Game needs more short tracks.

Zero²

????

YFKEBDV.gif

balgajo

The best thing about this update is that the game now runs in 1080p with AA.

I've raced in Yoshi Valley with randoms online. I took 1st, and what surprises me is that I was way ahead of them. I guess some of them haven't discovered the shortcut.

Has anyone learned demon sliding, bunny hopping, fire hopping, and other techs in this game?

BasilZero

Hello Friends

I have a few questions.

1. Is the DLC purchased straight through the eshop or through a shop within MK8's menus?

2. Do I have to "deposit" a fixed amount similar to PSN wallet like a fixed amount of $5, $10 or $15 or can I just pay the exact amount?

3. Do they use Paypal as payment or is it just credit card?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Hello Friends

I have a few questions.

1. Is the DLC purchased straight through the eshop or through a shop within MK8's menus?

2. Do I have to "deposit" a fixed amount similar to PSN wallet like a fixed amount of $5, $10 or $15 or can I just pay the exact amount?

3. Do they use Paypal as payment or is it just credit card?
1. You can do it either way.

2. You can add the exact amount.

3. Can't use Paypal. Have to use either a credit card or a prepaid card.

Been trying to add some demon sliding to my repertoire while grinding away on EA, but don't really know what the hell I'm doing.

Neat track though. Total fuckfest (in a good way) online yet there's actually a lot going on for it being the simplest looking track, layout-wise.

I saw other videos too, the rainbow road 64 wr was awesome. I really want to get good at doing the demon slide and fire hopping. Do you have to flick the control stick (left right left right / right left right left) to do the fire hopping? I try doing that today and it's not easy as it looks.

Exentryk

I saw other videos too, the rainbow road 64 wr was awesome. I really want to get good at doing the demon slide and fire hopping. Do you have to flick the control stick (left right left right / right left right left) to do the fire hopping? I try doing that today and it's not easy as it looks.

Well, the way I learnt it was by racing on Royal Raceway for a couple of hours. I kept firehopping the whole track even when not boosting just to get the muscle memory built in. Put in the time, and you'll have the basics under control.

I don't main outside drift tho, so others might offer better advise.

Dr Prob

Banned
Do you have to flick the control stick (left right left right / right left right left) to do the fire hopping? I try doing that today and it's not easy as it looks.

It's not so much of a flick as just moving the stick in time with your hops (and it doesn't have to necessarily be strictly left/right. You can actually do two or three in the same direction consecutively in order to straighten out your alignment). I think the "flicking" is more reserved for demon sliding as that seems to be a faster process, but I'm not familiar enough with it to be of any help :D

EDIT: Whoah. Just checked the GAF rooms and both show zero players in the little counter thing. If they reset on Saturday that means there hasn't even been a single race there in days. Ouch. Super Crack Bros. is a helluva drug.

Roo

I've raced in Yoshi Valley with randoms online. I took 1st, and what surprises me is that I was way ahead of them. I guess some of them haven't discovered the shortcut.

Has anyone learned demon sliding, bunny hopping, fire hopping, and other techs in this game?
I know how to firehop but demon sliding is a little tricky for me. I've read it's better when you go downhill but I only manage to mess my speed every time I do it.

Well, the way I learnt it was by racing on Royal Raceway for a couple of hours. I kept firehopping the whole track even when not boosting just to get the muscle memory built in. Put in the time, and you'll have the basics under control.

I don't main outside drift tho, so others might offer better advise.

Dr Prob said:
It's not so much of a flick as just moving the stick in time with your hops (and it doesn't have to necessarily be strictly left/right. You can actually do two or three in the same direction consecutively in order to straighten out your alignment). I think the "flicking" is more reserved for demon sliding as that seems to be a faster process, but I'm not familiar enough with it to be of any help :D

Thanks, I'll try practicing fire hopping. Also, I have to watch wr videos on each tracks to know where in the track I can firehop.

Alistair Roo said:
I know how to firehop but demon sliding is a little tricky for me. I've read it's better when you go downhill but I only manage to mess my speed every time I do it.

I'm going to focus on fire hopping, I checked out other techs and they look difficult. What amazes me the most is seeing one of the wr race in rainbow road 64 and electrodrome track when they drift and it's like they're about to fall. I can't explain well, you just have to see it: MK8 Rainbow Road 64

EDIT: Whoah. Just checked the GAF rooms and both show zero players in the little counter thing. If they reset on Saturday that means there hasn't even been a single race there in days. Ouch. Super Crack Bros. is a helluva drug.
My issue isn't that I'm addicted to Super Crack Bros.

It's that my bro's addicted to it so I can't get on. >_>

Dr Prob

Banned
My issue isn't that I'm addicted to Super Crack Bros.

It's that my bro's addicted to it so I can't get on. >_>

You never think it will strike so close to home. But it can. And it does. Truly a scourge! We're here for you if you need to ven--where did everyone go? ARE YOU GUYS PLAYING SMASH!? FFS

Roo

I'll take a break from Smash to play some Mario Kart.
I'll be doing WW in 15 minutes so anyone interested can join me :)

Azure J

Oh sure KartGAF, wise from yo gwave when I'm headed to sleep on a day where I said I wanted to play you all after encountering that strange Smash error code. :lol

Top Bottom