• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Gattuso

Today's highlights is from one race, my version of the hyrule track:
Here we have Enforced doing weird stuff before the glider part and who's bullet hit me and teleported the very next second.
ShadowyScaryArthropods.gif

Here's Exentryk dying a bunch of times, then doing a little trick elsewhere.
InconsequentialAnnualDragon.gif

Dales driving crazy
DimwittedAggressiveAmericanbobtail.gif

And finally Justice dying a bunch of times and getting stuck on a wall
WigglyNastyBudgie.gif

too bad I came in last after everyone teleported to the finish and I didn't have the slightest clue what was going on.
GGs!

Roo

Today's highlights is from one race, my version of the hyrule track:
Here we have Enforced doing weird stuff before the glider part and who's bullet hit me and teleported the very next second.
ShadowyScaryArthropods.gif

Here's Exentryk dying a bunch of times, then doing a little trick elsewhere.
InconsequentialAnnualDragon.gif

Dales driving crazy
DimwittedAggressiveAmericanbobtail.gif

And finally Justice dying a bunch of times and getting stuck on a wall
WigglyNastyBudgie.gif

too bad I came in last after everyone teleported to the finish and I didn't have the slightest clue what was going on.
GGs!
lol your router is about to die

Gattuso

I figured it was on my end and had reset the router after that race but I just had to save that race since it just looked so silly seeing you guys do that on my screen haha.

Blues1990

With regards to the next DLC pack, what kind of vehicles do you guys think they will add? I hope the Bowser Mobile (from Super Mario 3D World) is included, as it's a slick ride that shouldn't be excluded in any Mario Kart game.

Bowser_Mobile_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

Blues1990

With Dry Bowser being in the next DLC. I could definitely see this happening. And I would like for it to appear.

Yeah, and I would like a couple of karts that are based off of Samus's gunship & Kirby's Warp Star, what with them being costumes in the game & all. I can't think of any older kart they could bring back, and it seems like a given that a kart that is based off the train or bus from the Animal Crossing series seems logical.

Roo

With Dry Bowser being in the next DLC. I could definitely see this happening. And I would like for it to appear.
Speaking of which, every DLC character has a vehicle designed after them, I Wonder if Villager, Isabelle and Dry Bowser will get one too

Decided to finally take the plunge and get a Wii U premium MK8 bundle!

Question is: What do you guys play MK with? The Pro Controller? Wondering whether i should get that one or just stick to Wiimote or tablet?

Question is: What do you guys play MK with? The Pro Controller? Wondering whether i should get that one or just stick to Wiimote or tablet?

What ever I have to hand.

Pro controller is really nice for other games as well as virtual console games if you ever buy any, so it's useful.

But you can easily play with the gamepad/wii mote and enjoy yourself.

Get pro-controller; use it for MK8, DK, Mario 3D World, Hyrule Warriors etcetera. Fantastic controller. Gamepad or wii remote will work very well too though, so if you think those are very comfortable then go ahead and use them.

Roo

merrick took 3rd at the finish line.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uOKG1wAD6iE#
I was looking at the gamepad when this happened and the funniest thing here is that the flag next to Rosalina appeared before doing so with Merrick (meaning you reached the finish line first) but the game switched places lol

I used to play with Wii Remote+Nunchuk and I did great with that combo. Sadly, my nunchuk died and since I needed a new controller for Smash, I bought the Wii U Pro and that's the one I've been using for MK ever since
that's why I do terrible sometimes u__u Wii Remote+Nunchuk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii U Pro

My best controller is easily the pro, but the majority of the time I have to do off-screen play using the GamePad.

Razzorn34

Gamepad tilt controls, or nothing. Don't listen to the haters.

I am going to download the DLC, but it requires 1gb of hard drive space..I believe I have around 2 gig remaining..would it be possible for me to put the DLC on my external drive even though the Mario Kart 8 that I have is on disc just want to be sure..or should I just put it on the internal memory

Roo

I am going to download the DLC, but it requires 1gb of hard drive space..I believe I have around 2 gig remaining..would it be possible for me to put the DLC on my external drive even though the Mario Kart 8 that I have is on disc just want to be sure..or should I just put it on the internal memory

It doesn't matter where you download the DLC
If and only IF you will purchase one of the packs then I suggest you to download it in the console's memory but if you plan to purchase both pack then go for the external drive

I mostly use gamepad for every games I've played. I would love if they implemented a compatibility for gamecube controller for mk8.

It doesn't matter where you download the DLC
If and only IF you will purchase one of the packs then I suggest you to download it in the console's memory but if you plan to purchase both pack then go for the external drive

When the 2nd DLC comes out in May yes I plan on buying that, but in the meantime I am going to just get this one..so I can put this one in the internal memory and eventually when I buy the 2nd DLC, I can transfer it over to the external and download the 2nd one?

Roo

When the 2nd DLC comes out in May yes I plan on buying that, but in the meantime I am going to just get this one..so I can put this one in the internal memory and eventually when I buy the 2nd DLC, I can transfer it over to the external and download the 2nd one?

Yes, you can transfer your data eventually..

Roo

so you're saying there is a chance?

Don't listen to him. He'll hax the shit out of his speed stats to win.
We have proof of him hacking the game several times.

As for your question... a "good VR score" is subjetive.
All depends on how much time and effort you're will to put into the game.
I've been stuck in 10k ground for months now and I think that's a good VR since pretty much everyone in the room have great skills.
Others might tell you the same about 20k, 30k, 40k, etc until 100k.
IMO you have nothing else to prove beyond 25k VR.

Edit: I miss MK :(
I'll try to play some tonight \o/

Prototype

With regards to the next DLC pack, what kind of vehicles do you guys think they will add? I hope the Bowser Mobile (from Super Mario 3D World) is included, as it's a slick ride that shouldn't be excluded in any Mario Kart game.

Bowser_Mobile_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png
It's pretty much a complete missed opportunity they didn't make that bowsers default kart imo.

xandaca

New favourite detail: if you honk your horn before the start of a race, the players around you jump in surprise.

(I'm sure a lot of people know this already, but I only discovered it earlier today and it's been making me laugh ever since)

I don't know if this is common knowledge but it seems the Toon Link amiibo will unlock stuff in Mario Kart 8.

Was on the website and they listed him without showing what it unlocks.

Well I'm by no means an authority on this as I only got my Wii U 6 months ago. For economical reasons (I need to get 2 Pro Controllers at the same time as we play with 3 in local multiplayer, and it'd be mean to leave someone with the old Wiimotes and someone with the good one!) I've been using the Gamepad (not motion controls). I actually didn't anticipate it feeling as good as it does.

I feel like I got my motion control chops in the original Wii Mario Kart, I did all of the Gold cups etc etc with that and then just got sick of it and went back to classic.

Re the horn: Yes, me and my mum often use the horn to great effect at the start of the race, and sometimes it distracts me from getting my jump start... Do you think it's disabled in online mode? I never saw anyone use the horn once. I'd imagine they have to disable it, it could be really annoying and distracting if someone constantly spammed the horn.

And finally: is the second post still valid in terms of online GAF play? I might drop in sometime, even though probably by online standards I'm mediocre!

DaBoss

I don't know if this is common knowledge but it seems the Toon Link amiibo will unlock stuff in Mario Kart 8.

Was on the website and they listed him without showing what it unlocks.
Probably works like Hyrule Warriors where it unlocks the same thing as the Link amiibo, so it most likely unlocks the Link costume for Miis.

Top Bottom