• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Enforced

frnXxyMh.jpg

Roo

GGs all.

Going to blow the lid off this conspiracy once and for all! Being a gentlemen, I'll of course give Roo a short window in order to gather some funds and bribe me into destroying the footage.

Go ahead, I'm actually curious to see where I let my hax be so blatantly obvious lol

Dr Prob

Banned
Hmm. Hadn't thought that by posting the info, I could actually be helping you refine your nefarious mechanisms. Crafty, VERY CRAFTY. You're a formidable foe. Still, weighing the pros and cons--the world must know!

Ladies and gentlemen of the thread, we've long since known of our dear topic creator's Lag Throttle Prototype. But it appears that he hasn't stopped there. I present to you his newest and most devious hax to date:
Roo's Cloaking Device!

Click for incontrovertible evidence

This is not mere corner lag! And it wasn't just bad luck, and it wasn't any coral reef, and it wasn't Jack the Ripper! It was a hax.

Roo

Hmm. Hadn't thought that by posting the info, I could actually be helping you refine your nefarious mechanisms. Crafty, VERY CRAFTY. You're a formidable foe. Still, weighing the pros and cons--the world must know!

Ladies and gentlemen of the thread, we've long since known of our dear topic creator's Lag Throttle Prototype. But it appears that he hasn't stopped there. I present to you his newest and most devious hax to date:
Roo's Cloaking Device!

Click for incontrovertible evidence

This is not mere corner lag! And it wasn't just bad luck, and it wasn't any coral reef, and it wasn't Jack the Ripper! It was a hax.
lmao I love it.

I was expecting a video tho...
Anyway, since my secret is out, I feel the urge to explain how my HAX 0123-i1 Lag throttle/cloaking Device™ (Patent pending) works.
Just like our friend said, once I realized what his plan was, I decided to slow down a bit next to the corner (fig. 3) which automatically activated my HAX 0123-i1 Lag throttle/cloaking Device™ (Patent pending) hoping it would mess his chances to screw me over due to his crappy connection not being able to register a simple slowdown.
However, I was still in danger since he didn't use it despite my HAX 0123-i1 Lag throttle/cloaking Device™ (Patent pending) doing its work.

What's left? activate my invisible target/hit guy in front hax to be completely sure.
Success! Red shell avoided, target safe and attacker doing less than stellar.

Hope I still have that race saved in my highlight reel. I'd love to share more info about
how it actually works. A thing of beauty.

Edit: I'm saving those images for future references xD

mstevens

I think I'm finally found my ideal set up. Dark blue Yoshi with the Blue Falcon, button wheels and Hylian Kite.

What are you guys rolling with?

Blues1990

I think I'm finally found my ideal set up. Dark blue Yoshi with the Blue Falcon, button wheels and Hylian Kite.

My mii (who wears an orange jumpsuit) with the Jet Bike, Retro Off-Road wheels, & the MKTV Glider. I usually win 8/10 matches with this set-up.

The Goat

Kong - Biddybuggy / Cyber Slicks or Rollers / Cloud Glider

Gives me decent speed, with pretty good recovery for a Heavy character. Tried a few of the DLC karts, and really didn't care for them.

Top Bottom