• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm going to bail out on mirror room. I'm too tired and my mind isn't working well for mirror match.

I'm going to enjoy my time at normal frantic room (NeoGAF)

To clarify people, I got paired up with Greeny randomly.

And recently he was paired up with ffdgh randomly.

So it's amusing. HAHA GET IT PEOPLE?

...;_;

I think I'll do that with DLC 2. Right away I'll just go into GP, no TTs or anything.

I think 150cc is only tough if you don't know the courses very well, really.

Gattuso

i'm trying my hardest to get that 3 hour video working. it basically was a little corrupted coming out and when I play it back in the program I used to record the footage in, the audio is way off and the video itself stutters frequently. it can't even play at all in other video players. wonder how I can go about getting this working...

ffdgh

i'm trying my hardest to get that 3 hour video working. it basically was a little corrupted coming out and when I play it back in the program I used to record the footage in, the audio is way off and the video itself stutters frequently. it can't even play at all in other video players. wonder how I can go about getting this working...

Trim the fat. Make 3 one hour videos if possible?

Gattuso

Trim the fat. Make 3 one hour videos if possible?
it's not the size causing issues but the video file itself is messed up. it only plays in the program I recorded it in but really glitched and broken though
i6HanJ0Zzrx6d.PNG

Roo

Guys I have a (probably) silly question but I'd like to know your opinion about this.

I'm one of those who usually think that a Mario Kart game with no specific stats tied to weight classes would be a good thing for the game since there would be character parity and everyone would get a fair use.

For example:
Koopa Troopa has the same speed, accel, weight, handling, traction, etc as Bowser.
They're literally the same stats wise.
It all comes down to the vehicle combo you choose (same as Mario Kart 8)

From what I've read, people say the game would get boring with no specific stats tied to characters/weight classes, etc but I think it's opposite. It would give ALL characters a competitive reason to exist.

Mario Kart Wii had Daisy and Funky Kong, Mario Kart 7 had Metal Mario and Mario Kart 8 has Bowser, Wario, Morton (and most likely Dry Bowser)

I know character stats has been a thing since forever, this is merely an hypothetical case but I'd like to know if the idea of same stats for all characters is feasible or specific ones are simply mandatory as the air is for us to live.

ffdgh

I'm torn...Yeah I would totally be ok with everyone being viable but yet it does seem somewhat boring tho. It bugs me that mario kart 7 was almost perfectly balanced when compared to every other game before it yet nintendo somehow goofed and gave us mk8's crappy balance...

It's not that dang hard if they went back to 3 weight classes and increased the speed by .25 instead of .5 like in 8.

Roo, the only way your idea would work is if they made Peach as big as Bowser. I... I don't really think a Fat Peach would go over w-

Wait we have Rosalina nevermind

Going online for a bit.

ffdgh

Roo, the only way your idea would work is if they made Peach as big as Bowser. I... I don't really think a Fat Peach would go over w-

Wait we have Rosalina nevermind

Going online for a bit.

Been a while since I've gave shyguy colors some love.

Also that lost star...

Top Bottom