• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm more likely to play tonight.

tumblr_n1gpfg46OO1so0ukuo1_500.gif

Roo

Guys... it's coming

Also, a few "honorable" quotes *rolls eyes*

MrBean said:
BUT WAIT! BEAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WON'T THIS MAKE ONLINE CHEATERS?!?! Nah, I'm not worried about the release of this tool, despite its power, because the current exploit, much like ours, does not work on the latest version of Wii U, and that is required for online play.

Youtuber said:
Its not like they will be able to use this online since they need an older version of the Wii U and if they try to connect online Nintendo will ask them to update :p

Another hacker said:
Actually we're going to release a Webkit exploit that works on all versions along with this.

Let's embrace our hacked future :D

/s

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Same as campers/dodge spamers in smash right? :p

I'm not sure about that since it's extremely rare to hear people complaining about campers and dodge spammers. Few people have been bitching about it because they don't know what to do.

Fire Hop is something that people have been complaining for long long time. I believe that people stopped complaining about fire hop during DLC OT because I haven't heard about it. BUT I will search this thread in few minutes and see if I'm wrong.

Are you accusing Roo of that? I clearly remembered that he said no fire hop long time ago.

Roo

Are you accusing Roo of that? I clearly remembered that he said no fire hop long time ago.
The only reason why I was so vocal about it is because I received several PMs asking me to tell people firehopping was "forbidden" in GAF rooms.
as ffdgh said, most of that people is long gone now so the no firehopping rule stopped being a thing a long time ago.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The only reason why I was so vocal about it is because I received several PMs asking me to tell people firehopping was "forbidden" in GAF rooms.
as ffdgh said, most of that people is long gone now so the no firehopping rule stopped being a thing a long time ago.

Must've been back in like the summer. It's not a rule in GAF rooms anymore.

Well, I guess it's time for me to learn how to fire-hopping now since I want to make all of you crying like babies. :p

So do anyone have good guide on how to fire-hopping? If you are going to link me to Youtube then please make sure that it's simple enough for me to understand since most of youtube guides in general; are not helpful because they always explained it by voice only.

ffdgh

Never thought it ever got that bad...feel sorta bad now.

Well, I guess it's time for me to learn how to fire-hopping now since I want to make all of you crying like babies. :p

It's easy to do once you get the hang of it. Royal raceway is a good course to start.

I still don't like it but it's not like I can stop you guys.
┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

Sorry...even tho everyone online does it at this point. :(

How to firehop "correctly":

1) Press a diagonal
2) Hop once or twice
3) Switch to a diagonal on the opposite horizontal side
4) Hop once or twice again
5) Repeat until the boost ends

Using diagonals instead of just left/right outside of specific situations is important; you get the same speed boost but you have a much better path and are less likely to run into shit.

Top Bottom