• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Roo

How come I've been playing this DLC for 3 months and I just noticed there's a Volcano in Hyrule Circuit??? D:

Enforced

How come I've been playing this DLC for 3 months and I just noticed there's a Volcano in Hyrule Circuit??? D:
really roo?
Ti8u3lQ.gif

You're supposed to know everything about Mario kart 8.
<3

DaBoss

I'm so tired of this game's netcode. How is Smash 3DS better than it? Brawl was it's predecessor and it's online was complete shit. Meanwhile, MK7 is MK8's predecessor and though I played the game for a short while, I know it had good netcode (much better than MBWii's). So many false hits that it is enough for a lifetime. The banana snipe I got on Shark that was a false hit will haunt me forever.

If my piranha plant hit on Roo was a false hit, I would have stopped right then and there.

I'm so tired of this game's netcode. How is Smash 3DS better than it? Brawl was it's predecessor and it's online was complete shit. Meanwhile, MK7 is MK8's predecessor and though I played the game for a short while, I know it had good netcode. So many false hits that it is enough for a lifetime.

If my piranha plant hit on Roo was a false hit, I would have stopped right then and there.
They focused on looks over function so they made the hit animations partially client-side to avoid green shells going through people, for example, like they may have in 7.

I think it was a bad decision though.

DaBoss

I saw Roo get false hit by my bullet bills. Twice. And then false hit by a piranha plant. How do you get false hit by one of those piranha plants on the course itself?

I saw Roo get false hit by my bullet bills. Twice. And then false hit by a piranha plant. How do you get false hit by one of those piranha plants on the course itself?
Piranha Plant? The game predicted he would take a tighter path than he actually did. Pretty simple stuff.

That said, I really don't get false hits that often. It happens, yeah, but not 3 times in one race.

DaBoss

Piranha Plant? The game predicted he would take a tighter path than he actually did. Pretty simple stuff.

That said, I really don't get false hits that often. It happens, yeah, but not 3 times in one race.
We all know this is a cover up story for you and Roo. We know the true reason for those false hits.

Roo

I have to say I agree with Nathan. The netcode is shit but false hits are not really that common. If your connection is not the best then you'll see problems like this more often.

ffdgh

Gotta love when someone ahead of you is holding an item and is false hit...get slowed down by said hit briefly and then you run into their item while they speed away.

"I'm in 2nd. I have a great idea; let's use this Super Horn to destroy this Blue Shell!"

Fuck-up of the century but it still worked out somehow lol

DaBoss

You clearly hack triple reds so no excuses ;P
RNG has to favor me occasionally with the hell it gives me. :p
I have to say I agree with Nathan. The netcode is shit but false hits are not really that common. If your connection is not the best then you'll see problems like this more often.
I think it is the connection between the two people involved. I imagine my connection with you is worse compared to everyone else since the distance between us is large and vice versa.

DaBoss

Holy fucking shit lol, I was going for a mushroom on the ground, but it turned out there was an invisible item there and it hit me.

I can't stop laughing.

Top Bottom