• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Boney

Banned
GGs and small tip. Go for having 3 bars of acceleration. Despite what the stats screen says, you actually have 2.0 acceleration instead of 2.75
But my car is so prettyyyy

I guess I'll mess around with the wheels. Does every stat round downwards?

ffdgh

But my car is so prettyyyy

I guess I'll mess around with the wheels. Does every stat round downwards?

Nope. It only applies to acceleration for some reason.

the tiers go... 1.00,
1.25, 1.50-1.75,
2.25-2.75,
3.00, 4.00, 5.00

Vylash

Any ideas for the OT subtitle? :V
My favorite so far is "gotta go fast" lol

tumblr_naxukqXEoQ1qc667vo1_500.png

|OT| Honk Honk Mother Fucker

Roo

So Red Devil made me think about how Nintendo will implement 200cc mode (besides Tournaments) without segregating the online userbase even more

So far we have these options

Worldwide
Regional
Custom

then:

32 tracks + 150cc
40 tracks + 150cc
48 tracks + 150cc
32 tracks + 200cc
40 tracks + 200cc
48 tracks + 200cc

I think it's one of those cases where we have too many options

They currently use Race Rating to determine if a room is 100cc or 150cc. I would prefer them to just add 200cc for extremely high Race Ratings.

...They're just gonna shove it into custom aren't they

ffdgh

They currently use Race Rating to determine if a room is 100cc or 150cc. I would prefer them to just add 200cc for extremely high Race Ratings.

Yeah hopefully after 8000k vr, World wide alternates between 150 and 200cc.

Who could have guessed having more options(custom ww) could be so bad :(

Edit: At the top again? yeesh...

Roo

Actually, from what I've seen, 100cc is no longer mandatory for low rooms.
When they released the first DLC and changed the VR system again, people with <15k are considered low VR but since 15VR people can meet people with much higher VR, all rooms are 150cc no matter what. The same happens for those with 20, 30, 40>>>99K VR

edit: I'll try to get a link for that. It was a stream

Actually, from what I've seen, 100cc is no longer mandatory for low rooms.
When they released the first DLC and changed the VR system again, people with <15k are considered low VR but since 15VR people can meet people with much higher VR, all rooms are 150cc no matter what. The same happens for those with 20, 30, 40>>>99K VR

edit: I'll try to get a link for that. It was a stream
lol who the hell is telling you that <15K is considered low VR by the game

The game considers a tenth of that to be low VR, you only need like 3-ish K to start getting 150cc regularly

EDIT: But I'll check on my alt just to humor you, sure.

Roo

^^
You just proved my point
lol who the hell is telling you that <15K is considered low VR by the game

The game considers a tenth of that to be low VR, you only need like 3-ish K to start getting 150cc regularly

EDIT: But I'll check on my alt just to humor you, sure.

You got it wrong.
I meant that people with 3-5k VR can get paired with someone with 15k VR. Then that 15k VR guy can get paired with a 30-40k VR guy in the same room as the 3-5k VR guy rendering 150cc mandatory for everyone, even for the low VR guy

You got it wrong.
I meant that people with 3-5k VR can get paired with someone with 15k VR. Then that 15k VR guy can get paired with a 30-40k VR guy in the same room as the 3-5k VR guy rendering 150cc mandatory for everyone, even for the low VR guy
3-5K is still well within the range for all-150cc races.

EDIT: How did I prove your point? I didn't even bother doing any races with those guys.

Roo

dammit, can't find the link lol

it could be just like ffdgh said and after X amount of VR the class alternates between 150 and 200 :V

Roo

Well, couldn't find it. I give up.
I'll take your word for it. Guess we'll have to wait and see how they do it.
I still think they'll lock it behind tournaments and custom but who knows.

edit: btw, Why do you have an alt? :V

Top Bottom