• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Question, now with 200 cc, will you guys be more inclined to play on normal rather than frantic?

I take that you are so salty with 150cc frantic because it made you feel many new emotions that you haven't experience yet; like helplessness, pure rage, frustrating, etc.

So you wish to feel better about your skills so you are trying to luring everyone to come to 150/200cc normal so you actually believe that you would have better luck in normal mode in any form.

Let me break the news to you,

cy3vHFu.gif

You know most players that we have been playing with for last two weeks! Those players would wreck us pretty badly because we are helpless without frantic items so we can't really summon a lot of powerful tools to screw them over. They will gladly take top 5 positions easily.

There's someone with an 80+K VR in our room who can demon slide properly.
I can too if I'm not tired and shit and I'm only 12.5K. It's really not that hard
after months of practice, I'm much better now than I was... whenever I did those TTs with ffdgh.
:p

Of course, all bets on my coordination are off when I'm tired. Starting a left drift on a right turn on Rainbow Road? Sure why not!

jorgejjvr

I take that you are so salty with 150cc frantic because it made you feel many new emotions that you haven't experience yet; like helplessness, pure rage, frustrating, etc.

So you wish to feel better about your skills so you are trying to luring everyone to come to 150/200cc normal so you actually believe that you would have better luck in normal mode in any form.

Let me break the news to you,

cy3vHFu.gif

You know most players that we have been playing with for last two weeks! Those players would wreck us pretty badly because we are helpless without frantic items so we can't really summon a lot of powerful tools to screw them over. They will gladly take top 5 positions easily.

lol I get the satire

But still, no, I think skills mostly shows on Normal. I do actually believe in my skills :p I am usually always up there, but crazy items and randomness is not what i use to 'well maybe this way i will get up there most of the time', but the opposite, those items screw you over instead of helping you get on top. Idk, again, I am the one soul here that disagrees with Frantic

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I have no particular preference between Normal and Frantic. I'll probably play in the Normal room sometimes if one is made (and I think one should be made).

Of course there will be a Normal room. As soon as somebody makes one and sends the code to Roo it will be in the OP (given that he's actually awake at that time).

That said, my only issue with Frantic is that Enforced keeps on getting clutch bullet bills. God fucking damn it can you please stop that!?

Roo

Wouldn't hurt to see how it works. Worst case is we don't use it :p
I hope it flops hard :x

Anyway, I'd like to know what you guys think about having 4 tournaments

200cc + Frantic
200cc + Normal
150cc + Frantic
150cc + Normal

all of them including 48 tracks, of course.

4 is too many. We'd be split up too much.

As for Shuffle... I think we really should try a Shuffle tournament this weekend so we can see how it works. But we'd need a lotta peeps for that, yo

GWX

200cc + Frantic
200cc + Normal
150cc + Frantic
150cc + Normal

I'm all for that, but I'm afraid the normal modes will die out too fast =( I'm one of the few who prefers normal mode! Also, what does GAF think about item-less tournaments?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Wouldn't hurt to see how it works. Worst case is we don't use it :p

I agree with Nathan. If we're going to try it, I think we should do it before DLC Pack 2 releases, like, maybe this Friday or Saturday, when we have more than 12 people.

Once DLC Pack 2 releases, it's going to be harder to get a new tournament up in the middle of things if people end up not liking it.

200cc + Frantic
200cc + Normal
150cc + Frantic
150cc + Normal

4 is too many. Drop 150cc Normal. Make the other three, then after things get settled, we can decide which other tournament(s) to drop.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Well yeah

But the 150cc ones will probably be dead from the beginning so I don't think it's worth the bother.

I'm a little concerned that 200cc might prove to be a little difficult for a lot of people.

You're right, no one is going to want to play 150cc on day 1. But they might want to after that.

Roo

I'm a little concerned that 200cc might prove to be a little difficult for a lot of people.

You're right, no one is going to want to play 150cc on day 1. But they might want to after that.

What if we set up only the 200cc normal and frantic tournaments at launch and once the hype dies down (because it will) we create the 150cc frantic one?

DaBoss

Some people may want to get comfortable with the courses at 150cc at launch while playing with others. It would be nice for them. Could be dropped if no one really uses it afterwards.
I'm all for that, but I'm afraid the normal modes will die out too fast =( I'm one of the few who prefers normal mode! Also, what does GAF think about item-less tournaments?
I think item-less would be boring. I feel like items are a big part of what makes Mario Kart.

yeah I agree with justice, just drop 150cc normal, but can we turn CPUs on?
The issue with CPUs is that at the skill level of Justice, Roo, ffdgh, Exentryk, me, DaBoss, Merrick, and so on CPUs, even "Hard" ones, tend to fall way behind. So all they really do is use reds and lightnings and blue shells from the back.

Teknoman

Some people may want to get comfortable with the courses at 150cc at launch while playing with others. It would be nice for them. Could be dropped if no one really uses it afterwards.

I think item-less would be boring. I feel like items are a big part of what makes Mario Kart.

I say 200cc Normal, 150cc Frantic, and 150cc Normal. 200cc Frantic will probably be rage inducing lol.

I feel the same way about items both here and in Smash. They are pretty integral to the whole experience.

Vylash

The issue with CPUs is that at the skill level of Justice, Roo, ffdgh, Exentryk, me, DaBoss, Merrick, and so on CPUs, even "Hard" ones, tend to fall way behind. So all they really do is use reds and lightnings and blue shells from the back.
I just don't like having to resort to WW whenever I want an online race and nobody is around, I'd rather keep all of my activity within the tournaments

Burning Justice

the superior princess
What if we set up only the 200cc normal and frantic tournaments at launch and once the hype dies down (because it will) we create the 150cc frantic one?

We could do that. Make 200cc tournaments at first, then make a 150cc one later if we see a bunch of people who want one.

I say 200cc Normal, 150cc Frantic, and 150cc Normal. 200cc Frantic will probably be rage inducing lol.

I feel the same way about items both here and in Smash. They are pretty integral to the whole experience.
200cc Frantic is going to be the most popular tournament by far. Definitely not getting rid of that one.

So the current 150cc frantic will not be using the new maps?

Nope. Existing tournaments don't get updated for new DLC. We have no choice but to create new ones.

Enforced

I saw it anyway :x
And yes, I hope to do as good as I currently do in Grumble Volcano.
There's nothing worse than doing terrible in your favorite track. That feeling.
You always see everything. :x

That said, my only issue with Frantic is that Enforced keeps on getting clutch bullet bills. God fucking damn it can you please stop that!?
I do what I want! :x

I'm concerned about it too. I was thinking 200cc might be too much for us and then we will go back to 150cc. We'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom