• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Vylash

SEj3OoR_medium.gif

ffdgh

Well on the positive side, it's completely anti gravity so getting a spin boost after a hit is possible and the guard rail in the middle prevents stray green shells soo...

Screw it. Bring on 200cc frantic baby park

So uh... Is this sufficient to not have to wear that avatar?

EDIT: Because this happened on a Tuesday over here! But I said tomorrow! So I'm worried!

Albo

Oh dear god baby park gonna be crazy

The tracks look sick but I'm not really interested in any of the characters or vehicles. I only ever used link and falcon kart from the first dlc anyway.

Somebody please explain to me why Dry Bowser drove off the track at about 40 seconds into the NBC trailer.

Also, NBC looks to have much wider u-turns in this game, AKA whereas before most players were horrible at doing those u-turns tightly it will be easy now. Damn it!

Roo

Somebody please explain to me why Dry Bowser drove off the track at about 40 seconds into the NBC trailer.

Also, NBC looks to have much wider u-turns in this game, AKA whereas before most players were horrible at doing those u-turns tightly it will be easy now. Damn it!

If you look closely, you'll notice he's drafting Bowser in front of him.
Looks like he couldn't take the turn in time lol

Honking only occurs on your screen AFAIK.
If you look closely, you'll notice he's drafting Bowser in front of him.
Looks like he couldn't take the turn in time lol
...That is so going to happen to me at least once lol

But yeah, we got a cool ATV now so all it needs is to have good stats!

...inb4 standard ATV clone

Roo

When you honk and startle other characters, does that only show up for you when playing online? Does everyone else actually jump?

No. It only happens on your screen. If you use it before an online race, no one but you will hear it, even if you see the scare jump animation in the rest of the characters.

Honking only occurs on your screen AFAIK.

...That is so going to happen to me at least once lol

But yeah, we got a cool ATV now so all it needs is to have good stats!

...inb4 standard ATV clone

I'm afraid that S turn in Neo Bowser City is going to be pretty nasty for everyone in 200cc
I'm excited!!!
Also, don't fuck things up again, Nintendo. Wiggler stats at least!

I'm afraid that S turn in Neo Bowser City is going to be pretty nasty for everyone in 200cc
Most people were not very good at that track in 150cc in 7. Like, that series of U-turn-ish turns is where I destroyed the vast majority of players because for some reason most players were shit at that section. Instead of hugging the turn they took the second and third ones pretty wide.

The turns are wider now but 200cc might cancel that out a bit. Hopefully we're looking at some good times to be had.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I don't understand why I can never play online with MK8. No one ever shows up on tbe choose a level screen.

Help...

Are you trying to play in the GAF room? It's not always active. Check this thread to see when people are playing. Today most everyone took a break from playing because of the DLC trailers.

If you just mean you aren't able to play online in general, then I don't know what to tell you.

Ezalc

That new Big Blue track. Y u do dis Nintendo?

Just so I don't slip into a never going to have a new F-Zero depression, I'll go with the theory that this is all being done to groom people to be more accepting of an upcoming F-Zero game. Antigrav racing, two tracks somewhat HDfied and maybe some HD assets, 200cc difficulty, and even people who don't know any better can go on and claim that "those two MK tracks are in this new F-Zero game."

Seriously though, all of them look amazing, ribbon road and big blue especially.

Top Bottom