• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

I'll be able to rest easy now that I know my painful luck is known somewhat.

♪This is fifty percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of salt
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the hate♪
lol

Yeah, I kept on getting rammed by stars on Ice Ice Outpost for example. I'm talking like two separate instances of like 3 rams in a row for example and then I think there were some other rams.

At least I was having a ton of luck when there were only like 4 people present. Poor Roo kept on getting screwed over. And then some of you guys joined and then the luck sort of reversed...

DooD1234

It comes out exactly a week from now :)
So I got a week to enjoy Mewtwo before I come back to MK8 and remember why I hate you guys so much. Is there going to be a new OT like before?

Oh boy 200CC on frantic in the Excitebike or baby park. That will look like freakin battle mode.

Roo

So I got a week to enjoy Mewtwo before I come back to MK8 and remember why I hate you guys so much. Is there going to be a new OT like before?

Oh boy 200CC on frantic in the Excitebike or baby park. That will look like freakin battle mode.

Yup. New OT, new tournaments, new players :)

ChrisD

Is the new Tournament going to be 200cc only, or will there still be a 150? And then how is Frantic going to be chosen? One of each? Four tournaments seems like way too many.

I vote 150 Frantic (if that's what is still used) and 200 normal until it's figured out how much Frantic changes things in the faster environment.

Roo

Is the new Tournament going to be 200cc only, or will there still be a 150? And then how is Frantic going to be chosen? One of each? Four tournaments seems like way too many.

I vote 150 Frantic (if that's what is still used) and 200 normal until it's figured out how much Frantic changes things in the faster environment.

We're planning to do 3 Tournaments this time around
200cc-Frantic
200cc-Normal
150cc-Frantic

We will get rid of one eventually as people stop playing the game again. Right now, I think 200cc normal is the weakest one as frantic mode has been our favorite almost since launch but we'll see how it goes in the coming weeks

Xenoboy

Do I need to have any friend codes? I haven't played the game since last year, so I don't remember so much, soory if it's dumb question.

Roo

Do I need to have any friend codes? I haven't played the game since last year, so I don't remember so much, soory if it's dumb question.

Friend Codes do not exist on Wii U. If you want to add someone then simply type their NNID in your Friend List and send a friend request. Just like that.

Roo

Sorry, was mixing up Wii U with 3DS.

No problem :)

btw, they added bell icons to both item roulette and coins in the Animal Crossing track just like they did in Hyrule Circuit and rupees
and the fruit that falls off the trees acts like mushrooms.
seaICg1.png

Burning Justice

the superior princess
200cc crossing cup https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=795&v=_RNPetVBdIk
200cc bell cup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2pJyU4LPPs

german.
Male villager has mario's weight.
The new wheels are rollers.
the beetle kart has blue falcon stats.
It's crazy fast yo.

Are you sure? Is there anything that combines the parts with parts we already know the stats for?

I mean, that does add up (assuming the paper-airplane glider is an accel glider), but I remember what happened last time we made assumptions about the DLC character/vehicle stats...

Burning Justice

the superior princess
mario with Blue falcon, (azure)Rollers or buttons, and any acceleration glider.

Edit: Oops. Edited.

Less likely, but it could also be Villager = Tanooki Mario and paper airplane glider = speed glider.

...Assuming nothing in that combo has unique stats, of course.

DaBoss

I remember someone mentioning Dry Bowser doesn't breathe blue fire. One of his tricks in that German video shows the back(?) trick has him breathing blue fire. Sorry if this is old.

The way they handled the item boxes in Baby Park is great, though I'm still not excited about it.

And god damn is female Villager adorable.

ffdgh

Less likely, but it could also be Villager = Tanooki Mario and paper airplane glider = speed glider.

...Assuming nothing in that combo has unique stats, of course.

True tho if the paper airplane is a speed glider, Lighter heavies would have a 4 speed and 4 acceleration combo. >_>

I remember someone mentioning Dry Bowser doesn't breathe blue fire. One of his tricks in that German video shows the back(?) trick has him breathing blue fire. Sorry if this is old.

The way they handled the item boxes in Baby Park is great, though I'm still not excited about it.

I saw. Pre-order un-canceled!

Roo

It was me and ffdgh lol
He shouldn't breathe red fire like.. at all
I also noticed they changed his shell design. It used to be like Bowser's soft hexagons but now they're sharp.
Same as his voice. It used to be like this but now it's just like Bowser's but a little deeper.. meh

DaBoss

I'm playing right now, if anyone would like to join.

EDIT: Was that your Luigi that hit me with double red shells, Rebel? Wait, you're Waluigi.

DaBoss

Did we some how get into a room with Frantic settings? All of these bullet bills hitting me with no warning.

I don't know how to boost start, halp

I see through your plans. Greg hits me with dragged item and Rebel bumps me into another item.

Top Bottom