• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Oh my god, I fucking love this even with the imperfections.

zX7gzKV.png

Teknoman

Something new from the Nintendo support site:

Error Code: 104-1852
Situation:

You receive the error code 104-1852 when attempting to upload a video to Mario Kart TV.

What to Do:

We are currently reviewing this situation. If you are experiencing this error code when uploading a video, please try again at a later time.

Heres hoping for a fix soon.

Colombo

Got to play the dlc I purchased today and it was as good as I expected. My gamepad was getting low on power so I passed 1 of the cups in 50cc with 3 stars but then went straight to 150cc. My early faves are Hyrule and Mute City but more more nostalgic reasons than anything else. Definitely worth the money!

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
So I haven't gotten the DLC myself yet, but my father just told me over the phone that when choosing a vs. race there's no option to select 40 courses at random, only 32. Meaning 8 courses get randomly excluded. Is this true, Gaf or is there some other option in that menu? I'm physically too far away to check myself.

Apenheul

So I haven't gotten the DLC myself yet, but my father just told me over the phone that when choosing a vs. race there's no option to select 40 courses at random, only 32. Meaning 8 courses get randomly excluded. Is this true, Gaf or is there some other option in that menu? I'm physically too far away to check myself.
Yeah for some reason you can't set it to all 40 courses in Versus Mode, very disappointing because local 'all cups' are basically what keeps me coming back to Mario Kart. Hopefully they patch it before or when they release the second batch.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah for some reason you can't set it to all 40 courses in Versus Mode, very disappointing because local 'all cups' are basically what keeps me coming back to Mario Kart. Hopefully they patch it before or when they release the second batch.

That's pretty lame. Is there any responsive twitter we can complain to? They've reversed the order of the "Next race" and "View replay" buttons with a patch previously because people found "View replay" being the default option too annoying, so there's some precedent to Ninty patching the little things.

Empty

played a lot of the dlc this weekend

it's fantastic. i mainly bought it for mute city because omg and i'm really happy with how they captured the rotation and boost pad chain elements of an f-zero track and the presentation is spectacular, yet it's not even my fav, i love yoshi's circuit and dragon driftway so much.

it's a great opportunity to return to the game in general too. the quality of it. what a game.

Top Bottom