• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Enforced

Oh darn I touched the dirt.
Uhh...why so long if I may ask.
Semester is almost over. Finals is coming up soon. So yeah.

Nothing touched me that entire race. has to be a MK8 first >.>
What's the 2nd?
My last day of the semester.

FFDGH WHAT HAPPENS?!
Thats probably your only chance to play 150cc like forever? unless people actually love it again so we can play again :p
I kinda wanted to go back to 150cc for some reason. You like 150cc better than 200cc?
*watches all the kids through the window having fun in the playground in a beautiful sunny day*

*goes back to his laptop because he has homework to do*

:(
:x

You all made me this way!!! :'(

Cyber Security
I learned the basic level of security last semester. It was fun. I'm going to study that again this fall.

Derp, can't use the Wavebird for Smash after all. Interference has once again cropped it's ugly head.

However I just tried the GamePad and it actually works really well. Will play Smash more now.

I wish we got more 5Ghz controllers though. It seems that the 2.4Ghz band sometimes has so much interference between my seat and the console that controllers on that band aren't really usable! Thank god the GamePad uses the 5Ghz band because otherwise I probably wouldn't even be able to play the Wii U much at all...

Enforced

Derp, can't use the Wavebird for Smash after all. Interference has once again cropped it's ugly head.

However I just tried the GamePad and it actually works really well. Will play Smash more now.

I wish we got more 5Ghz controllers though. It seems that the 2.4Ghz band sometimes has so much interference between my seat and the console that controllers on that band aren't really usable! Thank god the GamePad uses the 5Ghz band because otherwise I probably wouldn't even be able to play the Wii U much at all...
Wavebird controller <3 I still have it. :D

Roo

Wow 200cc really ruined 150cc for me. It's boring to me now :-/
They better have 200cc as an unlockable engine class in future games from now on.
I mean, they can't tease us like this and simply walk away acting like it never happened.
200cc for Mario Kart 9 and 10!!

Enforced

They better have 200cc as an unlockable engine class in future games from now on.
I mean, they can't tease us like this and simply walk away acting like it never happened.
200cc for Mario Kart 9 and 10!!
I kinda want to see the partners and special items again from double dash.

Okay after a few races in 150cc, I have decided that I'm not going play 150cc ever again. If MK9 doesn't have 200cc during release, I'm not going to buy it till the 200cc patch gets released.

Really, I can say that I fucking hate 150cc.

200cc all the way!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not saying that it would happens. I'm still enjoying 200cc but if there are demands for 150cc, then I don't mind to have 150cc session, just once per week if people want to.

Well that's all for me. Good games, everyone.

It was nice to playing with you once again! :D

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah, 150cc isn't that bad after you become reacquainted with it, but faster is always going to be better.

Oh yeah. I really love 200cc so much because of adrenaline itself. It's just insane fun but at same time, I just want to have better sense of control with something.

I like 150cc because I can actually win sometimes, lol

That's true that some people actually doing better in 150cc than they did in 200cc.

So far we have like 7 people that are willing to play 150cc once per week, if we can. When we get few more then we could schedule whenever is good time for all of us for next week.

Roo

I kinda want to see the partners and special items again from double dash.

I actually like the idea of 2 characters per kart.
iirc, Konno said they've been exploring the possibility of that concept being brought back.

There are a few odds against it tho.
Items can't be special anymore. With online it would be almost impossible to come up with a nice balance without breaking some characters a la Petey Piranha/King Boo). It'd be Funky and Daisy Wii and/or Heavy Kart 8 all over again.

Unless they make an hybrid, where they allow going solo, bikes wouldn't be an option for that game. Not sure how people would react.

With all the gameplay gimmicks, makes you wonder how they'd implement the gliders without making the kart too long or making it clip with the character in the back

24 characters on screen at once seems a little overkill (if they keep 12 players that is)

The first one seems like the most important to me. The rest can be sorted out with some serious thought.

edit: you know what? scratch the gliders comment. I just watched a Double Dash video and characters are smaller than what I remember.
They can make it totally work:
yuIQZqk.png

Now I want Double Dash 2.0 ¬¬'

Top Bottom