• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Roo

I assume this game will suffer a massive drop of players (ironic, I know) due to Splatoon and since I won't get it at launch I'll take this opportunity to work on my backlog I've been neglecting since 2013 :3

Aaaaand Roo was psychic. Saw Greg and Justice on Splatoon. Tried to join one of them but since I didn't have much time, after waiting through one match proved to be futile I just went and did a random room. Got the highest score on the team and achieved level 2 but I'm done now and won't be playing more until Sunday.

I actually caved in and got the guide to hold me over lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Aaaaand Roo was psychic. Saw Greg and Justice on Splatoon. Tried to join one of them but since I didn't have much time, after waiting through one match proved to be futile I just went and did a random room. Got the highest score on the team and achieved level 2 but I'm done now and won't be playing more until Sunday.

I actually caved in and got the guide to hold me over lol

If you got guide, then can you double-check and see if NES Zapper is actually in the guide?

Of course you know me. I would love to have more "Duck Hunt" reference in any games!

If you got guide, then can you double-check and see if NES Zapper is actually in the guide?

Of course you know me. I would love to have more "Duck Hunt" reference in any games!
COMING SOON!

Stages: Port Mackerel, Camp Triggerfish, Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot

Weapons: Carbon Roller, Custom E-Liter 3K, E-Liter 3K Scope, N-Zap85, N-Zap89, Inkbrush, L-3 Nozzlenose, Splash-o-matic, weapon already in the game

It's not in the weapon section, but the weapon section does give exact points values for Fire Rate, Range, etc. for the weapons that come with the game instead of the game's relatively vague bars if anybody's interested. Also, the guide comes with a code for the digital version of the guide, which they say is going to update with the new upcoming content.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
COMING SOON!

Stages: Port Mackerel, Camp Triggerfish, Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot

Weapons: Carbon Roller, Custom E-Liter 3K, E-Liter 3K Scope, N-Zap85, N-Zap89, Inkbrush, L-3 Nozzlenose, Splash-o-matic, weapon already in the game

It's not in the weapon section, but the weapon section does give exact points values for Fire Rate, Range, etc. for the weapons that come with the game instead of the game's relatively vague bars if anybody's interested. Also, the guide comes with a code for the digital version of the guide, which they say is going to update with the new upcoming content.

Thank you very much! It's nice to see your confirmation on that. I was afraid that the picture might be photoshopped.

Roo

Hey guys, bumping to ask if there are any sales figures on either of the DLC packs yet.

I don't think we'll ever know the DLC numbers. I assume they sold extremely well.

In other news, Kamek was robbed once again.
According to TCRF, there's a Kamek Emblem in the game's emblem files.

so either he was scrapped or is set to appear in currently-unannounced future DLC.
MarioKart8-KamekEmblem.png

Hammer Bro am cry

ffdgh

Wait...did the kamek emblem appear after the 2nd dlc pack or was it always there? He's been due ever since mk64.

Waiting for that hammer bro icon...to pour salt in the wound. :(

Roo

Wait...did the kamek emblem appear after the 2nd dlc pack or was it always there? He's been due ever since mk64.

Waiting for that hammer bro icon...to pour salt in the wound. :(

It seems to be fairly new
I visited that page like a month or so ago to see if there was anything new but there wasn't (besides the DLC and update info, obviously)
Plus, if you look at the bottom of the page, you'll notice it was modified yesterday.
afaik not all the game folders could be opened when it was first cracked.
Maybe this is one of those folders? idk
What I think? either they found old vectors (placeholders) of all the emblems including this one rendering it useless OR... we're not done with DLC.

One thing my Prima guide mentions about Splatoon that I find silly is that Damage Up can't make a weapon get KOs in more hits than it normally does. There's a damage cap for each weapon (or, in certain cases, each way a weapon can hit) that prevents this. This makes Damage Up pretty worthless. All it does is counter Defense Up and lower the amount of charge time chargers need to OHKO. That's it. It's fucking stupid.

This means that when it comes to rolling for sub abilities, Splatoon has an equivalent to the coin item in terms of value. Guess they couldn't totally keep the kart out of the Nintendo.

I love this broken piece of shit too.

Stupid dumbass broken piece of shit.

It's like cats that break shit and ruin all the furniture and then you're mad but then they look at you and go all "Meow~" and then you go "AWWWWW YOU'RE SO CUTE!"

Rezbit

Any of you guys migrated (temporarily or otherwise) to Splatoon? Wouldn't mind some games with you guys, maybe I could actually beat some of you at this?! My NNID is Rez (Mixalot) for future reference anyway, feel free to add me for Splatoon or Mario Kart.

I started mid-October myself.

As for Splatoon... MK8 has off-screen TV play and Splatoon doesn't so it's not like I'll be migrating or anything. lol

GWX

Happy birthday MK8! Just realised how little of that year I spent playing with you guys: I played a bit around the time the first DLC was released, but only became a "regular" a couple of months ago =( 200cc really changed the game for the better, IMO, it's much more fun now (and I liked it before!).

I like 200cc.

But Cheese Land is luck-based cancer, Wild Woods is slightly less luck-based but I still might as well have have Yoshi wear a "Please fuck me" sign, Big Blue only has one real cut so it's hard to catch up if you fall behind in the second half, same with NBC, and Baby Park can just go to hell.

...And those tracks + Excitebike might as well be the only tracks in the game now. I liked this DLC at first, I really did, but over time it's just... Ugh. Fun tracks but the majority of them are cancer in their own unique way.

Roo

I started mid-October myself.

As for Splatoon... MK8 has off-screen TV play and Splatoon doesn't so it's not like I'll be migrating or anything. lol

Oh yeah, since Splatoon doesn't have it I'm actually wondering how you're doing with this whole Off TV Play thing
I remember you said a while ago Off TV was the (almost) only way you could play Wii U games.

GWX

I like 200cc.

But Cheese Land is luck-based cancer, Wild Woods is slightly less luck-based but I still might as well have have Yoshi wear a "Please fuck me" sign, Big Blue only has one real cut so it's hard to catch up if you fall behind in the second half, same with NBC, and Baby Park can just go to hell.

...And those tracks + Excitebike might as well be the only tracks in the game now. I liked this DLC at first, I really did, but over time it's just... Ugh. Fun tracks but the majority of them are cancer in their own unique way.

I see where you're coming from, about Cheese Land at least: it really depends if you have a star or a mushroom to use the shortcuts at the end, and they change the game considerably. Wild Woods is pretty fair, since the last shortcut doesn't really give that much advantage (not more than Super Bell Subway, per example), and it's surprisingly hard to get right. Big Blue's shortcut at the middle is quite easy to pull off without items, so it's cool, but a single star at the end can really change the outcome by cutting those turns. Neo Bowser City is the stage that requires the most skill in the game, IMO, and together with Grumble Volcano, the only stage in which mushrooms and stars are actually a hindrance rather than a help. Baby Park is just LOL, won't comment on it ;)

I really like the DLC tracks in the end, and I'm glad we got them, even if some are indeed bullshit. The music and visuals in pretty much all the 16 new tracks are on point. The problem I have is with the online track rotation: I always feel we play the same tracks over and over, and there 48 of them to choose from! I played MK7 the other day with randoms, and I really enjoyed the fact that you can vote for any track of choice out of the 32, and not only a subset of 3 plus a random one.

i can't play splatoon late at night or when my bro wants to use his TV and so on. But I don't got a choice :(

EDIT: Wild Woods is luck-based because it's an easy track with not much in the way of cuts.

As for NBC... I tend to do well on it but it's still a bullshit track. Too many things can bone you in that one section with few ways to really catch up because any boost items just fuck you in the ass.

Gattuso

soon..... i'll be able to return to this game again!

don't have to worry about splatoon or anything taking my time though since i'm still laughably poor.

Gattuso

The sad part is.. It's taking everyone else's time :V

heh, I figured it would be a ghost town here once the game had come out along with some others but I can at least now be there for whenever something gets scheduled or people just start playing as long as i'm not in class during it!

I missed every single test fire splatoon had because of class being at the same time ;_;

Enforced

Im done with the semester after Tuesday. Depending what im doing.This is my plan schedule for both splatoon and MK8. Hopefully
Splatoon: 4:00-6:00pm PT
Mario kart 8: 8:00-10:30pm PT
I will kick everyone's ass on both games. :x

GWX

Im done with the semester after Tuesday. Depending what im doing.This is my plan schedule for both splatoon and MK8. Hopefully
Splatoon: 4:00-6:00pm PT
Mario kart 8: 8:00-10:30pm PT
I will kick everyone's asses on both games. :x

Challenge accepted :3

heh, I figured it would be a ghost town here once the game had come out along with some others but I can at least now be there for whenever something gets scheduled or people just start playing as long as i'm not in class during it!

I missed every single test fire splatoon had because of class being at the same time ;_;
You have weekend classes?

...I'm sorry.

Gattuso

yup... I had a 5 hour Saturday course and a 4 hour Monday and Friday course. all my classes next quarter since it's my final one will be 5 - 6 hours long. luckily no weekend classes this time.

Enforced

I just bought splatoon. The guy asked my age when I purchased the game. lol
Let me know if you want to play MK8. I'll be available at 9pm.

Roo

You became ready to leave right when I became available to play!
Well, no one showed up the first hour and just when I was about to leave, Chris and that other guy whose name I can't remember but I've seen in Frantic joined me.

Maybe next time :3

Edit: or you two can play together lol

Top Bottom