• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Enforced

Anyone want to kick my ass? I'll join in about 5-10 minutes.
Edit: Remember the time when we really need the golden mushroom. Yeah me too.

I haven't played mk8 for days. I've started playing LoZ link between two worlds and finished it yesterday. Took me within 3 to 4 days to finish it.

Im thinking of buying a Wii U just for this game and maybe Splatoon, my Ps4 failed me on fun kart racing games.

Do you think the online for Mk8 will still be active for some years?

Im thinking of buying a Wii U just for this game and maybe Splatoon, my Ps4 failed me on fun kart racing games.

People still play Wii and DS and those games' official servers are dead. So yes.

That and 7 is still pretty active.

Roo

fun kart racing

ZhZ7wLv.gif

Roo

Gotta admit, Rocket League and GTA 5 online with friends is fun but apart from that, yep, my PS4 failed me on fun.

Like Shark said, I was mocking the fact that you said -"fun" kart racing game- in a Mario Kart 8 thread.
The game sure is fun but the online experience is usually more frustrating than anything :p

Roo

How different is the online experience compared to MK7?

The core gameplay and mechanics remain virtually the same in both games.
Mario Kart 8 whoever has a funny weird way of handling lag, physics and such.

Paging Nathan and/or ffdgh as they know better about this stuff than me lol

edit: like I said, it's still a fun game.
If you don't mind those issues then you'll have a great time with it.
The best thing about it is its beautiful track design.

When I raced in Wario's Gold Mine, I remembered the guy who was in first place keep messing up from my perspective. I passed him, then I reached the finish line and somehow got second place. The funny thing is that the guy who kept messing up got first place. It was weird.

I also remembered being a head of others in Yoshi Valley, then "BOOM!" everyone suddenly teleported and somehow I was in 8th place when that happened.

ffdgh

Mario kart 8 was a mistake. It's nothing but trash. /s

Mario kart 7's online doesn't have the issue of false hits, wonky bump physics(mk8's 150cc mostly) invisible items, BALANCE(again, mostly mk8's 150cc), and nearly Omnipotent green/red shells.

On the flip side, once you're first in mk7 with triple bananas + whatever, you're pretty much indestructible outside of the random tumble blue shell lol.

Mario kart 7's online doesn't have the issue of false hits, wonky bump physics(mk8's 150cc mostly) invisible items, BALANCE(again, mostly mk8's 150cc), and nearly Omnipotent green/red shells.

Do these issues happen every race or only some times? outside balance of course (MK7 isnt that balanced anyway)

Do these issues happen every race or only some times? outside balance of course (MK7 isnt that balanced anyway)
MK8's 150cc viable characters: Heavyweights
MK7's 150cc viable characters: Everybody, because acceleration is actually a good stat. Now, not everyone is just as good as each other but you can be successful with every character. You can't be successful with every character in high level 150cc rooms in Mario Kart 8. Well, ignoring Frantic, in which case you can lucksack your way to victory with even the shittiest combos.

Seriously people, just because Metal Mario had a smaller hitbox than the other heavyweights doesn't mean the game had poor balance. It just wasn't a broken combo. The best for frontrunning, sure, but it wasn't, like, Pipeframe + heavy tier, which is really dumb. 200cc has better balance though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just got a capture device but I'm still unsure if I should keep it or not because people don't get together in Mario Kart 8 that much anymore.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
...You son of a-

Heh. I didn't expect Boney would do that but again I should know since I was lurking splatoon thread when I was playing Splatoon. His salt level is pretty high. :p

Dammit red, cut the crap >.>
Alright, rage quitting I'm sucking waaaaay more than usual :/

And,

But I'm a pacifist!

BTW, stop stealing other people's gimmicks. I'm willing to let you borrow my gimmick! Only if you are willing to join my Pacifist Club then you may! :D

I can play some mk8 tonight. Would be nice to play other game than Splatoon.

I'm one of those people who enjoy playing with people who I actually can chat with, hence the reason why I enjoy Splatoon and MK8 with you guys.

Top Bottom