• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Gattuso

Are you going to upload it to Youtube or is it on Twitch?
If so what's your account there? lol

i'll put it on youtube since I did a local recording that took up 11GBs so it may be a while. it's not in 60fps since I recorded it in 1080p. when I have games set to 720p to do 60fps stuff, my tv has somewhat noticeable chromatic aberration going on and it was bugging me.

Roo

i'll put it on youtube since I did a local recording that took up 11GBs so it may be a while. it's not in 60fps since I recorded it in 1080p. when I have games set to 720p to do 60fps stuff, my tv has somewhat noticeable chromatic aberration going on and it was bugging me.

Oh, ok. that's perfect. I just wanted to know.
Let us know once it's up.

Exentryk

I'll give it a watch too. Lot of fun seeing Merrick getting rekt haha.

Gattuso

the other video should finish in 5 hours from now but i'll be sleep so it'll come a bit later (would still have to wait on the processing anyway)

Roo

So you're the one who tried to target shock me in Ribbon Road D:

edit: lmao at SNES RR after the blue shell.

edit2: I'm glad Sweet Sweet Canyon was a mess for someone else too >.>

edit: You were doing great in the last Grumble Volcano until the very end where you decided to fall twice lol

Anyway, great video. Just for the kicks, this is the list of tracks we DIDN'T play at all last night.

1. Thwomp Ruins
2. Mario Circuit
3. Toad Harbor
4. Twisted Mansion
5. Electrodrome
6. Mount Wario
7. Cloudtop Cruise
8. Bone-Dry Dunes
9. Bowser's Castle
10. Moo Moo Meadows
11. Toad's Turnpike
12. Dry Dry Desert
13. DK Jungle
14. Sherbet Land
15. Music Park
16. Wario Stadium
17. Tick Tock Clock
18. Piranha Plant Slide
19. Yoshi Circuit

As you can see, a lot of GOTY tracks were missing.
Nintendo seriously needs to fix this biased system for the next game.

Highlights of the night:
1. Ribbon Road - 4 times
2. Animal Crossing - 3 times
3. Ice Ice Outpost - 3 times
4. Neo Bowser City - 3 times

The rest were either played once or twice.

Anyway, great video. Just for the kicks, this is the list of tracks we DIDN'T play at all last night.

1. Thwomp Ruins
2. Mario Circuit
3. Toad Harbor
4. Twisted Mansion
5. Electrodrome
6. Mount Wario
7. Cloudtop Cruise
8. Bone-Dry Dunes
9. Bowser's Castle
10. Moo Moo Meadows
11. Toad's Turnpike
12. Dry Dry Desert
13. DK Jungle
14. Sherbet Land
15. Music Park
16. Wario Stadium
17. Tick Tock Clock
18. Piranha Plant Slide
19. Yoshi Circuit

Whoa. Didn't realize that we missed a lot of tracks. If this didn't get fixed in next update, we should set a mutual agreement to select new track every time if it is offered as a choice for future sessions. I'm really getting sick of Ribbon and Neo Boswer.

Enforced

Just watched 40 minutes of the video.
-21:25 I threw the backward green shell and hit merrick while flying. :p
-21:12 So that was roo who threw that green shell backward on hyrule Circuit. I thought it was Merrick was the one who hit me with the backward green shell. lol
- I didn't know about the shortcut trick on dragon driftway on the sharp curve road. I will give it a try next time.

- 35:53 on Mario circuit on mushroom cup.
stupid boomerang on the last lap...
That was me.
CDgajnD.gif

Didn't know my boomerang hit you twice. lol
Will watch more later tonight. :p

ffdgh

So you're the one who tried to target shock me in Ribbon Road D:

edit: lmao at SNES RR after the blue shell.

edit2: I'm glad Sweet Sweet Canyon was a mess for someone else too >.>

edit: You were doing great in the last Grumble Volcano until the very end where you decided to fall twice lol

1. Thwomp Ruins
2. Mario Circuit
3. Toad Harbor
4. Twisted Mansion
5. Electrodrome
6. Mount Wario
7. Cloudtop Cruise
8. Bone-Dry Dunes
9. Bowser's Castle
10. Moo Moo Meadows
11. Toad's Turnpike
12. Dry Dry Desert
13. DK Jungle
14. Sherbet Land
15. Music Park
16. Wario Stadium
17. Tick Tock Clock
18. Piranha Plant Slide
19. Yoshi Circuit

Highlights of the night:
1. Ribbon Road - 4 times
2. Animal Crossing - 3 times
3. Ice Ice Outpost - 3 times
4. Neo Bowser City - 3 times

The rest were either played once or twice.

Some of those tracks in that list were options but no one picked them like mario circuit and twisted mansion. Wimps!.

Azure J

I think I got the correct video for azure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTTKSjFepxU

Not shown here:

- I actually broke out into top 3 four times in this race and held first for a while. A personal best on the shit show that is that stage.
- All of my panic alarms going off when I realized that Heath was behind me and I swerved out of the way of two green shells only to realize I was getting off course and got railroaded by his third shell.
- Using a boost I got when recovering from that initial hit only for Bahamut to completely ruin that plan with that red shell

This is after all the amazing cluster fuck moments (never forget the end of Super Bell Subway and the middle of the third lap of Ice Ice Outpost) that I should really get to uploading now.

Enforced

On Merrick's video just watched starting 00:40 to 1:15:00
- 45:37 lol hypno. He fell in the water before reaching to the finish line on Royal Raceway.
- lol wow I missed out Grumble volcano last night.
- 58:50 Lot of people hit Merrick on the 2nd lap (Grumble Volcano) :p
- 59:55Lol roo. hit by the blue shell before he went 1st place on grumble volcano. I can't believe I missed this. D:
- 1:00:35 Almost accidently leave the room? :p
Will watch more tomorrow. :D

Azure J

I was watching that video too earlier. I was losing my shit seeing a four person long bullet bill train pass by on Grumble Volcano as he was recovering.

Roo

I was watching that video too earlier. I was losing my shit seeing a four person long bullet bill train pass by on Grumble Volcano as he was recovering.

lol yeah, that part was funny.
Sometimes I feel sorry for him lol
Everytime I'm doing terrible, there's a voice in my head telling me Merrick is probably doing even worse haha

Anyway, I'll play tonight in case anyone wants to join. Same time as always, 10 EDT (or something like that)

Enforced

Took a quick nap and read twitter just now. I jumped a little when I saw this picture ,thinking there's a new DLC but then I just realize it's just an update for the Mario kart Arcade. ;_;
CJV9s8CUEAA0Fqc.png

I might play tonight. I need some preparation for tomorrow though.

Roo

Took a quick nap and read twitter just now. I jumped a little when I saw this picture ,thinking there's a new DLC but then I just realize it's just an update for the Mario kart Arcade. ;_;
CJV9s8CUEAA0Fqc.png

I might play tonight. I need some preparation for tomorrow though.
Only the second kart is cool looking. the other two not so much.

Gattuso

good luck on those finals enforced! I took 2 years of photography in high school, was a lot of fun.

I was surprised I didn't get crushed here. it only would have made the entire thing complete
IllegalShyAnemonecrab.gif

another time filled with joy
WarmheartedExcellentFulmar.gif

Roo

good luck on those finals enforced! I took 2 years of photography in high school, was a lot of fun.

I was surprised I didn't get crushed here. it only would have made the entire thing complete
IllegalShyAnemonecrab.gif
I actually wanted to bump into you to make you fall off track but as soon as I saw the green shell I was like NOPE!!! lol

Top Bottom