• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Oidisco

Roo boosts into me with Mushroom while I have 3 green shells. I'm knocked off-track, he's perfectly fine...

Fucking fuck hypno!

Archon473

I don't know if I should keep playing a game that has me calling a cartoon character the C-word. I went from 1st to 7th place in 5 seconds. Was this sort of scenario greenlit in playtesting? This is a racing game. I want to go fast, not slow! I really, really, really, really hate items.

Okay, carry on.

Roo

Hypno is worse than roo. >.>

What do you mean? ¬¬'

I don't know if I should keep playing a game that has me calling a cartoon character the C-word. I went from 1st to 7th place in 5 seconds. Was this sort of scenario greenlit in playtesting? This is a racing game. I want to go fast, not slow! I really, really, really, really hate items.

Okay, carry on.

First of all, is this your first Mario Kart? if so, I'd understand your complain
Second.. no, it is not only a racing game.
Racing is the core of the game, yeah, but items are what ultimately made what the franchise is today. You literally can't think of Mario Kart without items coming to mind.
Being screwed up by them is part of the whole experience.

Okay, carry on.
In single player the game is biased in your favor. You can get mushrooms in 1st to dodge blue shells. The AI only goes full speed when they're behind you; if they're in front of you they slow down on purpose so you can pass them. And there are other things like the AI being horrible in general; even their "full speed" is pretty damn slow.

In multiplayer... Well yeah that's part of why it's fun. The game's only partly about your racing lines; item management is also important. That said, if you're new to the game then online the game should put you in rooms full of mostly weak players so if you genuinely have good racing lines you can win on those alone. In tougher rooms you'll need to learn how to use items though.

Enforced

Saw NOA's tweet, this month is Princess Peach. Guess I should play as her later tonight.
When we'll get Month of Rosalina?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Saw NOA's tweet, this month is Princess Peach. Guess I should play as her later tonight.
When we'll get Month of Rosalina?

Alright, see you tonight. Can everyone try to join today since I want to try something!

P.S. You suck at answering other people's PM :p

Top Bottom