• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

DangerMan

Banned
With the possible exception of 200cc with everything else at default, custom WWs are dead dead dead.

What a shame, Mario Kart 8 200cc with no items and coins left on is the best arcade style racing game of all time imo. Do people here ever play with those settings in online tournaments or friends matches? Would really really like to join in if so.

Roo

What a shame, Mario Kart 8 200cc with no items and coins left on is the best arcade style racing game of all time imo. Do people here ever play with those settings in online tournaments or friends matches? Would really really like to join in if so.
We used to have a lot of different tournaments back when the game and both DLC packs were released. We always found frantic items to be the "less stupid" mode aka similar to past MK games. So that's the one that always has been around.
Now, however, we have a really really small community who still plays this game so a new tournament is basically impossible at this point.

DangerMan

Banned
We used to have a lot of different tournaments back when the game and both DLC packs were released. We always found frantic items to be the "less stupid" mode aka similar to past MK games. So that's the one that always has been around.
Now, however, we have a really really small community who still plays this game so a new tournament is basically impossible at this point.

Word, I would always just play standard online races (100cc/150cc once I hit VR of 3000) and 200cc custom races with default settings when that launched. However, since then I really took a liking to 200cc with no items but coins left on.

If anybody is ever down to give it a go with me online let me know because it is a crazy fun mode despite not really being Mario Kart anymore with those settings.

nikos

Am I the only one infuriated by this game? A constant stream of obscenities uncontrollably spews from my mouth when I play it.

Still a ton of fun though.

EDIT: And this guy in the lobby has 77k points. Most people I see have around 2k.

DangerMan

Banned
Am I the only one infuriated by this game? A constant stream of obscenities uncontrollably spews from my mouth when I play it.

Still a ton of fun though.

EDIT: And this guy in the lobby has 77k points. Most people I see have around 2k.

Let's get some online 200cc no items coins left on matches going then. Way more fun and less frustrating when playing it like this. My NNID is DangerMan, whoever is down should send me a PM or just reply here.

Exentryk

I just saw Exentryk's avatar. I think he's unbanned now. Welcome back Exentryk. :)

Hey! Good to be back :D

Will keep an eye out for any LateNightGAF races during the weekdays. And I don't mind doing "no items coins" or whatever setting races if it gets us new players. I am sure it'd get boring after a while coz the rankings wouldn't change much after a while, but we can give it a crack none the less.

DangerMan

Banned
Hey! Good to be back :D

Will keep an eye out for any LateNightGAF races during the weekdays. And I don't mind doing "no items coins" or whatever setting races if it gets us new players. I am sure it'd get boring after a while coz the rankings wouldn't change much after a while, but we can give it a crack none the less.

How about tomorrow 9pm EST for some 200cc no items, coins on, matches.

Welcome back, Exentryk.

Since grad school has begun, been playing a lot less, so I tend to jump in during weekends.

About no items? Well, that doesn't sound fun, but up for it if everyone are going to play that option.

Enforced

I want to play with you guys again soon. But all of you will be playing super mario maker. D:

I'm planning to play that game on Christmas. I did that last year with smash. In 2013, did it with zelda between worlds. In 2012, paper mario sticker star. Wanted to do that with skyward sword in 2011 but I couldn't wait longer and Donkey kong country return in 2010.

Roo

I want to play with you guys again soon. But all of you will be playing super mario maker. D:

I'm planning to play that game on Christmas. I did that last year with smash. In 2013, did it with zelda between worlds. In 2012, paper mario sticker star. Wanted to do that with skyward sword in 2011 but I couldn't wait longer and Donkey kong country return in 2010.

I'll still try to join from time to time but it'll be Super Mario Maker from now on :D
This game had a good run. RIP lol

Exentryk

So I guess now's a bad time to find out if we could do a streamed room sometime tomorrow/Friday?

If you guys are still playing by 3 am EST, I'll join. Might be able to join earlier on Friday night (sat morn for me), but I can't guarantee I'll get up in time lol.

So I guess now's a bad time to find out if we could do a streamed room sometime tomorrow/Friday?

If you guys are still playing by 3 am EST, I'll join. Might be able to join earlier on Friday night (sat morn for me), but I can't guarantee I'll get up in time lol.

I probably will get the game just because so I can play levels created by my friends but won't play as much as I do with MK8.

SMM < MK8

I'm up for MK8 tomorrow night. :)

Top Bottom