• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Wario Stadium is a nightmare for outside drifting..

Is it? Didn't realize there were any courses like that. I guess inside drift has an easier time cause you can start turning more quickly after those jumps.

Guess I know what stage to counter with after Dragon Driftway and Neo Bowser City come up lol

Roo

Is it? Didn't realize there were any courses like that. I guess inside drift has an easier time cause you can start turning more quickly after those jumps.

Guess I know what stage to counter with after Dragon Driftway and Neo Bowser City come up lol
Yeah, I always have a hard time in that track. Especially the jump after the anti-gravity section.
If you really want to kick my ass you can't go wrong with WS or WW.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Here's the video from last night, if anyone is interested in seeing things from my perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZel9LXiiKI

It's almost 3 hours long! Haven't had a chance to go through it myself yet, so no highlights this time, but maybe I'll edit some into this post later.

EDIT: Here's several highlights that I remember, if you don't feel like watching the whole thing:

12:05 - Here's the race Nathan wanted. On the third lap I screw up and accidentally use a horn early right when he has a blue shell. Then I get triple-redded into oblivion.
1:10:19 - Exentryk stars a lightning
1:24:16 - Clutch Bullet Bill
1:30:08 - Exentryk stars a lightning... again
1:41:38 - Bullet Bill has my back again
1:46:23 - Everything goes to shit after about two laps
2:02:12 - Poor Exentryk :(
2:24:07 - Exentryk stars a lightning... yet again

Roo

I'm gonna be extremely disappointed if they don't make it a standard engine class from now on.

Yesterday first races were like going at a snail's pace >.>

Enforced

We don't see that happened very much. Blue shell went reverse to get merrick.
uYpamHX.gif

Well here's the thing about us playing Frantic, and about us playing 200cc.

In the past, usually when we've done 150cc, or when we've done Normal, people are like "I'll play, I'll play, I don't like 200cc and/or Frantic!" and then time comes and there's fuckin' nobody there aside from us regulars and maybe one other guy who leaves after 3 races.

Yikes..

This game was so much fun before the whole frantic takeover, I miss those days

Yeah I did try to set up 150cc room/time earlier but no one who wanted 150cc has shown up. So I'm done with setting up a date for 150cc. However I'm always open to playing 150cc if we can get people to actually show up and play.

You could try set something up and we can see about it from there.

We don't see that happened very much. Blue shell went reverse to get merrick.
uYpamHX.gif

Ouch. It happened to me in GP 200cc, I was very close to throw the controller. That race made me lose the chance for 3 stars.

jorgejjvr

Yeah I did try to set up 150cc room/time earlier but no one who wanted 150cc has shown up. So I'm done with setting up a date for 150cc. However I'm always open to playing 150cc if we can get people to actually show up and play.

You could try set something up and we can see about it from there.

Ouch. It happened to me in GP 200cc, I was very close to throw the controller. That race made me lose the chance for 3 stars.
Great, guess I'm not alone! I mostly play at night, I'm down for some normal 150 cc games whenever!! What do you have in mind as far as setting it up? Count me in

I'm sorry to hear that people do not show up, if you guys do it, and it's in a time that I can make it. I will commit to join and be there

I now got a wired connection, going to try worldwide normal 150 cc right now

Roo

People were playing 150cc last night and you guys were nowhere to be seen so you're part of the problem.

#halfserious

jorgejjvr

People were playing 150cc last night and you guys were nowhere to be seen so you're part of the problem.

#halfserious
I haven't been playing any game in general lately, I'm glad people were playing 150 cc last night then, I'm down for tonight

Playing worldwide now

Quite a bit of stages I have not raced in before!

Roo

Here's the video from last night, if anyone is interested in seeing things from my perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZel9LXiiKI

It's almost 3 hours long! Haven't had a chance to go through it myself yet, so no highlights this time, but maybe I'll edit some into this post later.

EDIT: Here's several highlights that I remember, if you don't feel like watching the whole thing:

12:05 - Here's the race Nathan wanted. On the third lap I screw up and accidentally use a horn early right when he has a blue shell. Then I get triple-redded into oblivion.
1:10:19 - Exentryk stars a lightning
1:24:16 - Clutch Bullet Bill
1:30:08 - Exentryk stars a lightning... again
1:41:38 - Bullet Bill has my back again
1:46:23 - Everything goes to shit after about two laps
2:02:12 - Poor Exentryk :(
2:24:07 - Exentryk stars a lightning... yet again

Just finished watching this.
lmao at some of the shit that happened in some races.
Also, I have to say your luck after Andy and I joined went downhill damn fast haha.
A lot of mistakes there.
Good stuff. Keep 'em coming.

I think the race I mentioned really demonstrates how fucked up this game's item system is. Even in Normal that could have happened because certain people repeatedly fucked me over so I was waaaaay behind. But the game's item system is based on distance from 1st so I got a blue in 3rd and then triple reds in 2nd.

So basically Justice wasn't punished just for the choke. He was punished for racing well and getting a huge lead. It's really fucked up.

WORKS FOR ME HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

Roo

I think the race I mentioned really demonstrates how fucked up this game's item system is. Even in Normal that could have happened because certain people repeatedly fucked me over so I was waaaaay behind. But the game's item system is based on distance from 1st so I got a blue in 3rd and then triple reds in 2nd.

So basically Justice wasn't punished just for the choke. He was punished for racing well and getting a huge lead. It's really fucked up.

WORKS FOR ME HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

B.. b... But it's the most balanced Mario Kart yet!

I'll get on 150cc Frantic one hour from now. I need that hour to practice 150cc you see, to get back in the groove. lol

Also if you 150cc fans aren't there at the beginning then don't expect us to stick in 150cc for long.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
A lot of mistakes there.
I know D:

Good stuff. Keep 'em coming.

Okay!

Here's last night's video: https://youtu.be/ySFQFwWg6Rk

This only has the 200cc races. I recorded some of the 150cc ones in a separate video, but I don't think I'm going to bother uploading them.

We didn't get too many people last night, so this one's not quite as chaotic as the night before, but there was still some chaos.
Also didn't make as many mistakes, though there were a few. (EDIT: Actually, looking at the video again, I take this back. I made a number of mistakes last night...)
A couple highlights if you don't want to watch the whole thing:

9:36 - What did I do to deserve this
45:49 - "Expert" Bullet Bill usage
1:26:46 - Hypno hits me with a Bullet Bill... but I get my revenge.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I dunno. You should add so many enforced's bullet bills. Lately, you have been in the slump so you got a lot of bullet bills to save your arse. I was shocked to see you being in last place several times.

Actually I feel bad for you. *patting on enforced's back* You will be okay!

I dunno. You should add so many enforced's bullet bills. Lately, you have been in the slump so you got a lot of bullet bills to save your arse. I was shocked to see you being in last place several times.

Enforced is still more of a pacifist than you will ever be :mad:

Roo

I know D:

Okay!

Here's last night's video: https://youtu.be/ySFQFwWg6Rk

This only has the 200cc races. I recorded some of the 150cc ones in a separate video, but I don't think I'm going to bother uploading them.

We didn't get too many people last night, so this one's not quite as chaotic as the night before, but there was still some chaos.
Also didn't make as many mistakes, though there were a few. (EDIT: Actually, looking at the video again, I take this back. I made a number of mistakes last night...)
A couple highlights if you don't want to watch the whole thing:

9:36 - What did I do to deserve this
45:49 - "Expert" Bullet Bill usage
1:26:46 - Hypno hits me with a Bullet Bill... but I get my revenge.

Let's see...

@9:36 lol getting wrecked hard
@25:34 I love this game's logic, I *NEVER* do tricks on that ramp because it'd send me flying to the opposite wall but hey, free tricks for all!
@35:11 That victory should have been mine. I crossed the line when the game kicked me out ;_;
@42:11 lmao!
@45:49 "Expert" Bullet Bill usage ------ #nuffsaid
@48:34 1st red shell: "Suck it, Andy" 2nd red shell: "Phew, at least it hit me before the gliding section. 3rd red shell: "NOPE"
@1:03:01 lol holy shit!
@1:29 yup, your own banana hahaha
@1:48:36 that Thwomp cost you the race

From what I could tell, you have problem with Dragon Driftway, Neo Bowser City, Grumble Volcano and Yoshi Circuit.
Anyway, great video. Hopefully you can keep recording this. I enjoy them lol

Enforced

:x
Is there anyone on 200cc right now, I'm thinking of going back to Mario Kart now.
Don't know if others are available on weekdays but I'll be l playing again this Friday and weekend at between 7:00pm-12:00am PT. This is when we more active. So yeah.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
@48:34 1st red shell: "Suck it, Andy" 2nd red shell: "Phew, at least it hit me before the gliding section. 3rd red shell: "NOPE"

This is a pretty accurate assessment of how I felt at the time lol

@1:03:01 lol holy shit!

I think it was Andy that threw that. He's done that a couple of times, gets me every time lol

@1:48:36 that Thwomp cost you the race

I know! Most of the times I screwed up didn't really matter since I was either behind anyway or so far ahead it didn't make a difference, but on that one I just choked.

From what I could tell, you have problem with Dragon Driftway, Neo Bowser City, Grumble Volcano and Yoshi Circuit.

I don't think I'll ever do well on Dragon Driftway or Neo Bowser City as long as I main inside drift. I can do fine on both with outside drift, but on the whole I'm nowhere near as good with outside drift as I am with inside drift, so...

The parts of the course that sink into the lava in Grumble Volcano seem to throw me off a lot. I always seem to forget when the parts sink.

I'm not quite as consistent as I'd like to be with the shroomless shortcut in Yoshi Circuit, but it's still worth taking even if I screw it up once or twice. The rest of the course is easy.

And yeah, as long as someone's interested in seeing them, I'll keep doing this.

Top Bottom