• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

hatchx

Banned
wtf am I supposed to do with a golden mushroom on 200cc other than spam it against a wall!?

Looks like we have a full room now yeah!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Dragon Driftway is mental on 200.

I feel like it and the vanilla MK8 stages are actually built for it.

I need you or someone else to elaborate on how to stop losing all speed during the drifts.

I just tap it a few times. Dunno if there's a better way.

Zomba13

Still do not understand why people like "frantic" items. Want to make a random bullshit RNG rubber band game even more random bullshit RNG?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lightning into star into bullet bill.

And that's how you almost win on baby park except burning justice is not a human.

shaowebb

Top 3 new tracks for me from DLC2
  1. Baby Park-Just pure chaos. 7 laps, ultra short track with a lot of drifting, and finally a stage you can lap folks and get caught between the wars in the back. So much action. Great fast paced stage full of action.
  2. Big Blue- Great speed, great drifts, and a lot of skill shot driving to stay on the correct boost lanes. No laps just one big track so you get one shot at each corner. Great technical and fast course.
  3. Neo Bowser City- If there was ever a Mario Kart equivalent to Sonic Racing's "Death Egg" then this is it. LOTS of fast drifts. Pretty much the whole track is hairpin drifting at its finest and lots of open corners to try and force folks off of. Super aggressive and super relentless drifting battles with a lot of kart bumping in this one. Great track.
First time playing Baby Park.

What just happened?
I went on reverse and hit everyone with star. I got stuck so I gave up and went for chaos option.
AHAHAHA! Oohhhhhhhh shit I'm dying here! XD

Azure J

Top 3 new tracks for me from DLC2
  1. Baby Park-Just pure chaos. 7 laps, ultra short track with a lot of drifting, and finally a stage you can lap folks and get caught between the wars in the back. So much action. Great fast paced stage full of action.
  2. Big Blue- Great speed, great drifts, and a lot of skill shot driving to stay on the correct boost lanes. No laps just one big track so you get one shot at each corner. Great technical and fast course.
  3. Neo Bowser City- If there was ever a Mario Kart equivalent to Sonic Racing's "Death Egg" then this is it. LOTS of fast drifts. Pretty much the whole track is hairpin drifting at its finest and lots of open corners to try and force folks off of. Super aggressive and super relentless drifting battles with a lot of kart bumping in this one. Great track.

How can one list be so wrong. :(

Baby Park is fucking grating and NBC just feels completely at odds with the game in places.

Is Toad's Turnpike actually any better on 200cc? I doubt it, but I haven't played it online yet.

Baby Park is fucking grating and NBC just feels completely at odds with the game in places.

Neo Bowser City doesn't work well in 200cc but it's fine in 150cc like in MK7.

shaowebb

I get EXTREMELY aggressive with my drifts and contact in Mario Kart. Those two stages...beautiful. It lets me crack my knuckles and knock people out of belt buckles :)

Top Bottom