• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Azure J

Watching a red shell Roo fired forward turn around and smack my brother in the face was some of the most Mario Kart ass Mario Kart™ I've seen in a while. :lol

Is it just me or do I keep on getting the same position two races in a row? 4th, 4th, 7th, 7th, 1st, 1st I think. Or was it three 4ths? Close enough.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Anyone interested in playing Normal? I'd like to try it out.

Gonna play in Frantic for now, but if we can get, like, 3 or 4 people for Normal I'll play it.

GRW810

I can't help but feel I should have paid more attention to the DLC in the build up to release. Having pre-ordered it I pretty much sat back and waited for them to arrive without reading, watching or following any of the hype. I haven't even really played MK8 since the first DLC came out last year.

I say this because I had no idea about any of the tracks except the special themed Legend of Zelda, F-Zero and Animal Crossing ones. I didn't realise other new, original MK tracks were being developed like Super Bell Subway and Wild Woods. Literally no idea. I assumed all non Nintendo IP-inspired tracks were retro ones.

Speaking of retro, as Super Circuit is by far my least-played MK, I have no recollection of Ribbon Road or Cheese Land. Baby Park, however, is a joy to revisit.

Azure J

OK seriously, fuck the turn right before the big glider section on Animal Crossing. Every time I take it I hit the wall instead of the ramp and have to deal with the infinite 50/50 guess of people running into me from behind as I try to go over said ramp.

ffdgh

Good lord you people are evil.
LLShC.gif

Welcome to 200cc, where instead of being happy when you collide with someone's mushroom, you curse! WOOT!

Gotta leave after this race for dinner. Damn it.

Ugh, I hate how when I get a lightning on the last row of item boxes I don't have the time needed to, well, time the Lightning properly.

GGs guys.

Top Bottom