• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarionCB

Wow this game can be frustrating with the items. The thread title is so accurate. I think at some point you simply learn to accept how the game flows and you become a kind of zen master, unruffled by the vicissitudes of your journey within Mario Kart.

Finalow

Thanks for the lovely evening franticGAF. We'll meet again soon.

vntzih.gif
ah nice, that was me, after that you're doomed to be in the pack forever. who were you by the way?
sadly with 12 players I always get lag.

*everytime someone votes TT and it gets picked, I want to go to his house and punch him in the stomach until he puckes.

Omnicent

Wow this game can be frustrating with the items. The thread title is so accurate. I think at some point you simply learn to accept how the game flows and you become a kind of zen master, unruffled by the vicissitudes of your journey within Mario Kart.

After enough MK8 you will go one of two ways.
Light Path - Good clean races with a mix of items, but only to help you win.
Dark Path (the best!) - Use items take take people down/troll for max salt. The best is triple red shells. Being in second on Frantic, getting red shells, slowing down and hitting the guy that passes you. You stay behind him and keep on doing it.... so good. Sadly even on frantic I don't get triple reds often, but when I do? Oh BOY!

I will say it's a fine line to tread between trolling and to much trolling, though with my item luck it tends to balance out.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I brought my wii u over to my friend's place last night for some multiplayer and holy shit the impact of playing with 3 people is crazy at first. The 30fps hit was super weird to adjust to, and later on when it was just 2 it was like we were playing a completely different game again.

I brought my wii u over to my friend's place last night for some multiplayer and holy shit the impact of playing with 3 people is crazy at first. The 30fps hit was super weird to adjust to, and later on when it was just 2 it was like we were playing a completely different game again.
This may sound crazy but playing 4 players in 100cc felt faster than playing 1-2 players.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Yeah. I didn't even think I was that... attuned... to framerate, but I played 3-player split-screen with a couple of friends about a week after the game came out, and the difference was jarring.

chadboban

ah nice, that was me, after that you're doomed to be in the pack forever. who were you by the way?
sadly with 12 players I always get lag.

*everytime someone votes TT and it gets picked, I want to go to his house and punch him in the stomach until he puckes.

I was Iggy although I was lucky enough to not get caught in any of that, but I saw it play out right before my eyes and thought it was just too good not to gif.

Omnicent

2 of use in frantic at the moment, though I will have to leav in about 90min. will probably be full when i get back tonight though =\
Albo joins the fray, beware of his star juggles Arlen =P

Roo

fucking boomerang

how the fuck do people have a 100% hit rate with that shit item
Well..
- 5 chances to hit someone
- Huge hitbox
- Ridiculously fast making it almost impossible to avoid
- ???
- Profit

No frantic room? Booo!

Status