• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this thought hit me after a bit too...Buming on snes RR in 7 was a pain but not too annoying but with 8's mechanics? Oh God the horror.

That pinball effect.. holy shit D:
It's basically, the track is just a bunch of trivial 90-degree turns so it's pretty easy to navigate, and items are so powerful on it because during hitstun you can get bumped off. The tracks may be wider but bumps are also buffed.

DaBoss

60fps links

DLC Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdl2QB4jEgw

Dragon Driftway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyQiK6urJ7g
SHOW ME YOUR MOVES (Mute City): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Qm6iV8G_8
Hyrule Circuit (playing as Link): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcDnxthRzFM

The tradition of castles being in "X Circuit" courses applies to the Zelda track as well lol.
SNES Rainbow Road is cancer with modern Mario Kart mechanics

The other tracks look sweet though
If you're not a heavy character, you may as well fall off the course on your own with MK8's mechanics lol.

Roo

So, are we gonna make DLC lobbies or make lobbies for those without the DLC pack?

We still don't know if we will be able to create tournaments exclusively for those with DLC packs but if there's indeed such feature, you can count on it.

Azuran

Banned
I love all the new tracks, but Dragon Driftway looks like the best one out of them all. I'm surprised how hype I am for it.

We still don't know if we will be able to create tournaments exclusively for those with DLC packs but if there's indeed such feature, you can count on it.
Even if there isn't such a feature we should probably make one anyways, use huge, bold letters, and hope people can A) read and B) aren't assholes.

ffdgh

Triforce tires are definitely slims.
No clue about the other karts but if my math is correct, Blue falcon's stat's are...(compared to the standard setup of Standard kart, standard wheels, Super Glider.

+.25 speed
+.5 acceleration
-.5 weight
0 handling
-.5 traction

No clue about the other karts but if my math is correct, Blue falcon's stat's are...(compared to the standard setup of Standard kart, standard wheels, Super Glider.

+.25 speed
+.5 acceleration
-.75 weight
0 handling
-.5 traction
"We're going to take .5 weight from pipeframe and add it to speed and aceel. That's totally balanced!"

ffdgh

Tanooki jeeps stats...esentally standard kart more or less.

0 speed
0 acceleration
0 weight
-.25 handling
+.25 traction

ffdgh

"We're going to take .5 weight from pipeframe and add it to speed and aceel. That's totally balanced!"

I can finally toss gold/slick to the side in favor of Peach/iggy With blue falcon.

4 and 4.5 speed with 3 acceleration is so good. Heavies tho...they're gonna stats whore the heck of of this thing lol.

And on that thought....DK/waluigi/Roy/Rosalina will have a 4 acceleration and 4 speed combo...crap

Sakura

I like how they made Hyrule Circuit so Zelda themed. The sound for items lol.
Looks like a lot of work went into this DLC.

DaBoss

But it is gonna be a 1 gig to download lol. I can't imagine anyone here being that bitter to uninstall a gig download that they will download again later on.

EDIT: I'm taking a joke too seriously lol.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Are there any videos that fully show Ice Ice Outpost or Wario's Gold Mine yet?

I found a video of SNES Rainbow Road (last video on this page), but can't find any for either of those two.

Roo

Are there any videos that fully show Ice Ice Outpost or Wario's Gold Mine yet?

I found a video of SNES Rainbow Road (last video on this page), but can't find any for either of those two.
Holy shit at 1:05
This track is going to be so fucking chaotic with 12 racers and boomerangs and horns and...and.. and I love it!!!! >:D Music is fantastic.

Aswering your question... No I don't think there's footage of the other 3 tracks.

Azuran

Banned
I'm surprised there's no anti gravity in SNES RR. Then again, that's probably for the better as I really don't want to boost off the track everytime someone bumps me.

DaBoss

They changed the location of the last item boxes to the turn instead of on the narrow straightway. Good change. Not really sure why they changed the locations of the first 2 item boxes. The only reason I see them for doing that is just to make it so the item boxes only appear on turns/corners.

I wonder if the thwomps can't be affected by racers with a star since they seem to have a star like effect.

+.25 speed
+.5 acceleration
-.5 weight
0 handling
-.5 traction
I'm actually hoping these are correct now simply because seeing a lot of heavyweights in that tiny little thing would be hilarious.

Roo

Unless Nintendo surprises us with new info (which I doubt at this point) DLC OT is completely done. The only thing missing is the new DLC Tournament code :)

btw, in terms of digital stuff how it usually works? DLC will be available 13th November, does that mean we will be able to download it Wednesday night past midnight or late Thurdsday?

Unless Nintendo surprises us with new info (which I doubt at this point) DLC OT is completely done. The only thing missing is the new DLC Tournament code :)

btw, in terms of digital stuff how it usually works? DLC will be available 13th November, does that mean we will be able to download it Wednesday night past midnight or late Thurdsday?
The Americas got the Mario Golf DLC when Japan did, so we were playing it on... Wednesday evenings I believe. This was probably to facilitate multiplayer.

The patch will definitely be required to play online so that will have a worldwide release for sure, and the DLC likely comes when the patch comes. Expect it Thursday morning at the latest but start paying attention Wednesday evening in case we get it when Japan or Europe does.

Roo

The way this is gonna go is that, the DLC OT will be bumped if people that have DLC want to online with DLC?
I don't think I understand your question :V
The Americas got the Mario Golf DLC when Japan did, so we were playing it on... Wednesday evenings I believe. This was probably to facilitate multiplayer.

The patch will definitely be required to play online so that will have a worldwide release for sure, and the DLC likely comes when the patch comes. Expect it Thursday morning at the latest but start paying attention Wednesday evening in case we get it when Japan or Europe does.
I see, thanks. I'll post the OT early next Wednesday anyway but I wanted to make sure.

Roo

Are you going to make a DLC OT, and is it going to be separate thread from this one, just for the people who want to play with the DLC online

Yes, it will be an independent new thread for everyone.
The day before release, I'll post the new DLC OT and this one will be locked.
We're moving back into Gaming so it's pointless to have both threads open.

It's like OT4 if you like but the main focus of the new thread will be all the DLC content.

DaBoss

I feel like Ice Ice Outpost is gonna be the best track in the game despite being an ice track and those aren't generally good (Mount Wario and Sherbert Land 64 are my favorite, though the latter one isn't that fun to race on).

Roo

I would have taken that over the same track again. No anti-grav pretty much killed my interest in it since I already played it to death in MK7.

Not to be nitpicky but you'll play "anti-gravity" SNES Rainbow Road everytime you play in Mirror Mode.. just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom