• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

Maybe tomorrow :)
I'm doing a small presentation for a meeting right now so I can't play :/
I'm not even supposed to be here lol
GAF <3

They'll probably show Link and the Mii costumes, yeah. They probably intended for the costumes to be revealed during the direct, but an employee goofed.

Roo

I hope they give us a full-fledged trailer just like those before launch and not one of those focused on a single thing (track/charater)

Yeah, hopefully we'll get a trailer like that. Should be cool.

I mean, they've only showed off 6 tracks. If the 13th update is also the DLC update then they won't have enough time to do individual trailers. And I can't really see what else the 13th update could be since amiibos aren't out until the 21st.

inb4DLCoutonThanksgiving

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Man, why does the DLC have to come out right around the same time as Smash. I love MK8 and want to start playing again... but Smash. Definitely going to be putting time into that when it comes out, so hopefully the DLC for this comes next week or something so I will get some time to enjoy it first.

Exentryk

So, we'll get the full details on the MK DLC today? How cool would it be if they say it's available right after the Direct? :D

Roo

So, we'll get the full details on the MK DLC today? How cool would it be if they say it's available right after the Direct? :D
Won't happen. I expect the DLC at the same time as the Amiibo update at the earliest. If not, then it will be next to Smash.

Roo

Anyone around late night tonight for some races? In about 3.5 to 4 hours?

I'm free tonight so count me in :)

Also, it's probably wishful thinking on my part but tomorrow's Direct will cover games all the way until Spring 2015 and since May is still Spring.. maybe we will get a small glimpse of the second DLC. Probably nothing big, just a couple of new screenshots or really short clips but I thought it was worth noting. Something like "hey guys, we have a second dlc pack coming out soon, don't forget"

DaBoss

You guys are either playing too late for me or too early for me every time I check the thread. >_>

Maybe I should ask when I play lol.

EDIT: I'm definitely getting Splatoon. The last online shooter I played extensively was one of the COD games on the Wii (pointer controls are godly and the controls in the Wii COD games were amazing) and BF3 on the PC, so I need something to scratch that itch. Splatoon seems like it will scratch that itch while providing something different.

Exentryk

Yeah, just ask when you are ready to play. Once MK moves in to gaming side, there'll be more people.

Re Splatoon - I suck at shooters, and pretty much don't play any game that involves shooting. But I feel like this game will be loads of fun with a group of friends; so going to give it a crack regardless.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Also, it's probably wishful thinking on my part but tomorrow's Direct will cover games all the way until Spring 2015 and since May is still Spring.. maybe we will get a small glimpse of the second DLC. Probably nothing big, just a couple of new screenshots or really short clips but I thought it was worth noting. Something like "hey guys, we have a second dlc pack coming out soon, don't forget"
It would be nice if they did that, but I'm not expecting it. I'm guessing the second DLC pack is still not far enough into development yet to show it in motion, but I guess they could show a few more screenshots.

I am looking forward to seeming more of XenoX, and Splatoon. You guys gonna get Splatoon?

Thinking I probably will. I liked what they showed of it at E3.

Roo

It definitely looks interesting but I'm not completely sold yet. Need to see more gameplay and such first.

DaBoss

I typically play MK8 at random after a session of other Wii U games now and I am too lazy to go on the computer to post lol. I guess now with my Circle Pad finally worn out to the extent that it will affect me playing Smash 3DS greatly, I'll probably play MK8 more now. I would definitely prefer playing with other GAF members than worldwide.

Hopefully DLC comes out before Smash Wii U/ORAS. I don't even know what I'll do in my free time considering how invested I am in the multiplayer of those games. @_@

I suck at twin stick aiming and generally avoided it in FPS games. I'm not too bad at 3rd person shooters with twin stick aiming, but I much prefer pointer controls (I probably suck at it now though) and keyboard/mouse. Though I generally adapt to the controls I use no matter the game (I used the Wiimote and nothing else for MKWii lol).

I'll personally be getting Splatoon day 1. Really looking forward to that game.

DaBoss: You should totally add me dude, NNID's PreyingShark.

A Nov 13th update for MK8 was also confirmed, though it was probably by accident. Oh well, there's a chance that might be the DLC date. I think we'll see tomorrow.

Exentryk

Lucky you guys were taking care of each other, coz I got nothing but coins that race.

EDIT - Lol that end of Cloudtop. Thanks Lakitu XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom