• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Were you guys talking about pushing earlier?

ib0vBIoWYNax3F.gif

Never again... (I still finished third, top of my team)

Roo

I've been wondering about that. If Japan gets it on the 13th, wouldn't we technically get it on the 12th since the patch most likely needs to be downloaded for online to work? :O
That's.... Interesting.
I didn't think about it :O
Hope you're right. This is one of those cases where the update should be mandatory worldwide thanks to the huge online focus of it.

zma1013

If my friend gets Mario Kart 8, can we play online together against other random players?

As in, he is playing at his house, and I am playing at mine.

Roo

If my friend gets Mario Kart 8, can we play online together against other random players?

As in, he is playing at his house, and I am playing at mine.
Yes, just add him to your fiend list and then join a random room together. It's actually pretty easy.
That's how we usually play in GAF. Following someone from our friend list.

ffdgh

Reading that the new DLC vehicles had different stats than what we currently have? Anyone know more?

Blue Falcon

+.25 speed
+.5 acceleration
-.5 weight
0 handling
-.5 traction

Tanooki Jeep

0 speed
0 acceleration
0 weight
-.25 handling
+.25 traction

Exentryk

Also, came across this leaked list of tracks that was posted in late Aug. The person did get some of those tracks correct. So, perhaps the 2nd set of tracks is also correct?

8FsfG2c.png

I read Master Cycle might also be faster than sport bike?

ffdgh

Offically, we don't know any other stats outside of those 2, cat peach(same as peach), and Triforce tires.(slims)
Edit: And the hyrule glider being an acceleration glider.

Exentryk

Okay cool, ffdgh. I also wonder if they change any thing else in the game with this DLC update.

LMAO what a wonderful thing to see at the top of the page. On topic, I can't wait for Thursday. How many of the Day 1 KartGAF members are going to be around for DLC races?

I'll be around, but can only play at late night US hours.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Also, came across this leaked list of tracks that was posted in late Aug. The person did get some of those tracks correct. So, perhaps the 2nd set of tracks is also correct?

8FsfG2c.png

That was right after the DLC was officially revealed, right? At that point we already knew about the Excitebike course, the F-Zero course (which anyone who's familiar with F-Zero could've easily guessed was Mute City), and Wario's Gold Mine. And having a Zelda-themed course based on Hyrule Castle wouldn't have been too hard for anyone to guess.

He got the other four courses wrong, and also got cup placements wrong, so I'd say that was probably fake.

Exentryk

That was right after the DLC was officially revealed, right? At that point we already knew about the Excitebike course, the F-Zero course (which anyone who's familiar with F-Zero could've easily guessed was Mute City), and Wario's Gold Mine. And having a Zelda-themed course based on Hyrule Castle wouldn't have been too hard for anyone to guess.

He got the other four courses wrong, and also got cup placements wrong, so I'd say that was probably fake.

Okay. Let's just enjoy the current tracks for now and worry about the 2nd DLC later :D

Almost 50 hours of MK8 so far. I have to say, I like this game a lot, though the awesome track designs have a lot to do with it and it certainly isn't close to perfect.

DaBoss

Anyone playing now?

-------------------------------
There is going to be a separate OT for the DLC release in the Gaming side right? And not this thread moved to Gaming? I forgot what was said earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom