• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldnt trolling be a single shroom?

With six reds right in front of you? It's like the game giving you a blue shell in first - telling you to go kill yourself.

And I used a bullet bill and it went backwards. Then drove off the track. Wut?

And I threw my bomb but Exentryk teleported backwards and ended up right in front of me so I got hit by my own bomb. Then by the chomp.

Not a good night of Mario Kart.

DooD1234

Well, I got my first so I'm happy for the night. GG guys, I got to sleep since it like 4 where I'm at.

Hope to play ya tomorrow some other time.

Gold mushroom steal @.@

And with that theft I'm done for the night. Oh hey I just hit the 10k coin mark! Only one gold kart piece left.

Exentryk

Okay, no worries.

EDIT - Got 9999!

opKjkaQ.jpg

Exentryk

Yeah, I only played battle once to see what it was all about. Don't really care for it.

I'll likely only stick with Frantic tournaments now.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I tried battle mode once, local multiplayer. It was terrible, I still can't see how they thought it was a good idea.

I mean, MK battle mode is traditionally not very good... but this game just goes so far beyond that.

Exentryk

And back when I used to spend days playing Crash Team Racing, battle mode was all that I played.

Also, enough here to start a room?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Three of us if Roo is going to play? And Prob is playing.

I'm starting to feel like "Mario Kart item management" means "doing whatever necessary to make sure you screw Chaosblade, even if it doesn't help you."

Guy in second just held a red shell and waited until I passed him to use it, even though the person in first had no item. I guess they are together or something.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't look like there are enough here for a room. Till next time, then. And good luck with your WWs, Chaos :p

I need all the good luck I can get, been getting so many coins in 2nd/3rd, then finally get hit (many times) which puts me in the back of the pack and kills my chances in the race.

Can anyone here shed light on if and why the inside drift bikes are a bad choice? I love using them with a heavy like roy or morton. The only track that gives me issues due to the inside drift is new rainbow road. If there is a legitimate reason for using a kart over the drift bikes, I'll switch.

Griss

I've been trying to get a game with GAF all week, every time it puts me in a room on my own that doesn't fill up.

Especially on a Sunday, I'd have thought we'd have more than 60 people playing :(
Oh well, back to worldwide.

I've been trying to get a game with GAF all week, every time it puts me in a room on my own that doesn't fill up.

Especially on a Sunday, I'd have thought we'd have more than 60 people playing :(
Oh well, back to worldwide.

Are you trying to play in the Frantic room? That's the only room anyone plays in anymore.

Koodo

Banned
Can anyone here shed light on if and why the inside drift bikes are a bad choice? I love using them with a heavy like roy or morton. The only track that gives me issues due to the inside drift is new rainbow road. If there is a legitimate reason for using a kart over the drift bikes, I'll switch.
Who said that? Tons of us use and slay with inside drift bikes.

It's only an issue in time trials if you want to aim for the top of the global leaderboards. That's where everyone uses heavy characters with top speed karts.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

You can't fire hop (or whatever people are calling it), so that puts you at a disadvantage against people in karts that are doing it.

If you're good enough at the game it's not a deal breaker. Honestly, as an inside drift bike user, I feel like I have more trouble with godawful luck and some annoying bugs than other people hopping.

Dr Prob

Banned
This game is too funny:

ldrsmfp.gif

Downside is that you're slightly slower overall than a kart. Slower still if the kart hops, but it doesn't really matter in multiplayer where there are items and nonsense flying around everywhere. In fact, bikes actually have some advantages online. So unless you plan on doing no item 1v1s or trying to set a world record or something, go forth and use your disgusting pleb vehicle w/no worries!

Grizzo

same here, I'm all by myself in a room, even though the little flag next to the name of the room is telling me that people are currently playing (Frantic)

That game is in great need of a patch.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
same here, I'm all by myself in a room, even though the little flag next to the name of the room is telling me that people are currently playing (Frantic)

That game is in great need of a patch.

Flag means the room is active, not that there are people in it. There isn't any way to know if anyone is actually racing.

They need to change it so the number of players shows the current number. Number of players over the course of a week is useless.

Grizzo

Flag means the room is active, not that there are people in it. There isn't any way to know if anyone is actually racing.

They need to change it so the number of players shows the current number. Number of players over the course of a week is useless.

Oh I see, I always thought this meant players were racing at this exact moment.

Yeah, number of players active would be great. And then actually putting us in a room already filled with some people.

Roo

You guys never sleep or what? :p

This game is too funny:

ldrsmfp.gif

Downside is that you're slightly slower overall than a kart. Slower still if the kart hops, but it doesn't really matter in multiplayer where there are items and nonsense flying around everywhere. In fact, bikes actually have some advantages online. So unless you plan on doing no item 1v1s or trying to set a world record or something, go forth and use your disgusting pleb vehicle w/no worries!
Heheh, nicely done
HighFiveSnowWhite.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom