• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxon

Are you guys full in Frantic? Getting errors when I try to join up with a recent player, and I get placed in a room alone if I go in via tourneys.

Are you guys full in Frantic? Getting errors when I try to join up with a recent player, and I get placed in a room alone if I go in via tourneys.

We're in WW. The room may be full now.

Edit:This room started out decent but it's just overflowing with assholes now :/

This has been a baaaad night. I can't even blame the spammers, I'm just driving off the track left and right.

Edit: The girl in front of me got a bullet bill in 3rd :/

And 2 lightnings? Is this Frantic?
Do you want to change to GAFcc?
That's not going to help anything, LOL

At least here we have a full room.

That was some crazy netcode madness. My triple reds just chased you forever until they destroyed themselves :/
I actually didn't hit anything. I just fell off like a moron lol.
The Mario Kart gods are simply not with me tonight. I keep getting stars which do jack shit when you're as far behind as I am lol
It was gone the next lap tho :/

Edit: Got hit by like 6 reds!

chadboban

roo, that was a brilliant use of that horn in that tunnel on Sweet Canyon, killed my red shells and sent me off the edge. Was really impressed.

chadboban

I fucked up so bad on that last race, ran off the course 3 times. Got 0 item boxes on the 3nd lap. Did get a sweet banana peel use on the waterfall though.

Exentryk

Yeah, I'm using the one that looks like the mach bike from MKW.
I like it. I need to practice a little more but so far it can be a hit or miss thing.

I am really surprised how you can switch between both styles. I can't do outward at all.

So does everyone use the Pro controller?

I do, even when I'm using the gamepad screen to play lol. Light and has a REALLY long battery life.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
So does everyone use the Pro controller?
I do. Think there are some people here who use the GamePad, but I vastly prefer how the Pro Controller feels. Tried using the GamePad once for MK8, but after using the Pro Controller for so long, it took a while for me to get used to it. Just didn't feel right.

ohlawd

lmao and I was just about to go on.

I did nothing but EVO yesterday and most of today but I'm done now that it's SF.

my gawd, out of everything(and I mean everything; Blazblue, Tekken, MAHVEL, Melee, Killer Instinct), SF is batshit boring.

I didn't want to use it against you lol
Didn't work tho because when I got Chad, you were hit too.

LOL, I appreciate it. I shot my red to get another item and failed on the backwards shot. I was surprised when you didn't use the horn to cancel it. I couldn't figure out what was going on :/
lmao and I was just about to go on.

I did nothing but EVO yesterday and most of today but I'm done now that it's SF.

my gawd, out of everything(and I mean everything; Blazblue, Tekken, MAHVEL, Melee, Killer Instinct), SF is batshit boring.
Crazy talk! All the Fei Longs and Sagats are a bit much though. It should let Capcom know how bad their balancing is.

Who said that? Tons of us use and slay with inside drift bikes.

It's only an issue in time trials if you want to aim for the top of the global leaderboards. That's where everyone uses heavy characters with top speed karts.
You can't fire hop (or whatever people are calling it), so that puts you at a disadvantage against people in karts that are doing it.

If you're good enough at the game it's not a deal breaker. Honestly, as an inside drift bike user, I feel like I have more trouble with godawful luck and some annoying bugs than other people hopping.

This game is too funny:

ldrsmfp.gif

Downside is that you're slightly slower overall than a kart. Slower still if the kart hops, but it doesn't really matter in multiplayer where there are items and nonsense flying around everywhere. In fact, bikes actually have some advantages online. So unless you plan on doing no item 1v1s or trying to set a world record or something, go forth and use your disgusting pleb vehicle w/no worries!
This makes me very happy. I went to sleep right before all the replies, so I'm just now catching up. Thanks, everyone. The one thing I'll say about using the bikes is the line you take when drifting is far more predictable when compared to outside drifting karts. Probably a little easier to target with shells. But other than that, i love the bikes.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
?? Electrodrome is one of the easiest tracks for a bike. Rainbow Road on the other hand is complete suck tho.

Sometimes I feel like the only person who like the new Rainbow Road. Or at least doesn't hate it.

And I jumped in a worldwide room and am off to a bad start. Got double teamed by a pair of metal Marios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom