• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

How does the game define who appears on your "Rivals" list?
Most everyone showing there are people that I have records like "3-0" and "4-0" in my favor, while the people that I was actually competing against to first place during races (and occasionally losing) are nowhere to be found in the rivals list.

Roo

How does the game define who appears on your "Rivals" list?
Most everyone showing there are people that I have records like "3-0" and "4-0" in my favor, while the people that I was actually competing against to first place during races (and occasionally losing) are nowhere to be found in the rivals list.

Are you sure you checked the entire list?
Every person you race with is registered in the bottom list.
It has the same friend list limit tho. 100 people

dani_dc

Are you sure you checked the entire list?
Every person you race with is registered in the bottom list.
I has the same friend list limit tho. 100 people

Yeah, I did, and I was nowhere near the limit yet (first day playing online).
I did went to my Wii U friend list to check the "recently played people" and notice that one of the people that wasn't on my Rival list (but was on this list) didn't had a Miiverse profile set up, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Painguy

Finally got a new TV so I can play the game. I'm kinda new to GAF and never used tournaments. How does this work exactly?

Hachitora

Finally got a new TV so I can play the game. I'm kinda new to GAF and never used tournaments. How does this work exactly?

Welcome! When you go to one player online, select tournaments and do "search by code". Enter the code that is in the OP. There are two tournament codes there, but we usually just race in Frantic.

Dr Prob

Banned
You're not doing anything wrong. The GAF tournaments have just died and gone from hundreds of people participating over the course of a week down to like maybe a dozen.

Just have to keep your eye on this thread and jump in when people are actually playing.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Anyone on right now?

I never find people in the gaf tournament, I'm I doing something wrong? :(

Tournament's not as active as it used to be. It's not active every day anymore.

If you want to join, you should check to see if people are posting here, or post here and ask if anyone wants to play. The best time to see if people are on is when it's evening in North America (i.e. right now), but, as I said, it's not active every day.

Also, are you trying to join the normal tournament, or the Frantic one? The Frantic tournament is where people seem to play nowadays.

Exentryk

Mercedez Benz + 2 other cars coming 8/27/2014 (Japan)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDaCFD32Uhs

Also, map on screen too? https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/496832571699781632

8/27 update to add map display on the TV screen, 3 free Mercedes-Benz karts: GLA, W25 Silver Arrow, 300 SL Roadster.

More from Cheesmeister.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/496833051305857024

Default menu selection following GP changing to next race. Last used kart customization added to save. Edit others' highlights.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/496833418101936128

Records screen w/ total coins, online win-loss record, character selection rates, etc. being added. Improved online stability.

ffdgh

Azure J

They're actually adding things people complained about? Hope for a balance patch slightly increased.

My hopes for DLC courses just raised a bit too. Funny how I was playing this earlier for the first time in a while thinking "it'd be nice to hear more about this game soon."

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I'm enjoying it, soaking up all the npcs and stuff. I'm in Bose, but I'm enjoying talking to the npcs to see whats new.

Yeah, there's a ton of NPC dialogue in it. I really like the NPC dialogue--some of the NPCs in Trails are really memorable, but obsessively trying to read all of the NPC dialogue like I usually do in RPGs can get a little exhausting, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom