• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exentryk

I may or may not have rage quit.

Exentryk fuck off already D:

KuGsj.gif

Omnicent

Alright I'm off for the night. Thanks for the item brutalization. Last is not the best way to end the night, but meh need some sleep.

Roo

Ok, I'm done. This room stopped being fun a long time ago.
Plus being hit with invisible items was the cherry on top. I pass
GGs guys.

Exentryk

Frantic room.

Gah! Triple reds Kak :(

EDIt - Guys, we can get one more player if we move to this mirror tourney (8596-6277-6067). What say?

Lkr

just started playing yesterday, shame that they removed the mini map from the screen in multiplayer. also dislike the way they split the screen tony hawk style

Exentryk

Long time Kak. GGs.

I'm going to wait in 8596-6277-6067 - GFAQs Frantix Mirror for a little while. Mix it up a bit with mirror.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I've been meaning to play more lately since I'm finally getting through my Steam summer sale games. I just wish we could get a balance patch or something to change the game up a little bit. Even the Mercedes DLC would make it feel fresh.

Exentryk

We had a good 12 man lobby in Frantic today. GAF numbers are a little low these days, so we merge with GFAQs. Had some crazy and salty races. Roo was not impressed and SCR may have rage quit once XD

We need the old GAF players back. Haven't seen SM239, Papercuts, MannyToons, Hypnodarkrai and others in so long. :(

Roo

We had a good 12 man lobby in Frantic today. GAF numbers are a little low these days, so we merge with GFAQs. Had some crazy and salty races. Roo was not impressed and SCR may have rage quit once XD

We need the old GAF players back. Haven't seen SM239, Papercuts, MannyToons, Hypnodarkrai and others in so long. :(

Actually the room was pretty good when we were 5-6 players in there.
But with 12 people it got nasty quickly. Like Omnicent said, it was pure item brutalization.
People (me included) were firephopping left and right so you weren't left behind. It turned into a catch up and protect you ass game. At least in GAF you only have to worry about items.
Also, I'm not sure if it was only on my end or what but I was hit constanty by invisible items. It made things worse.

Frantic lobby+ Firehopping people+Invisible items.. even I know my limits.

Actually the room was pretty good when we were 5-6 players in there.
But with 12 people it got nasty quickly. Like Omnicent said, it was pure item brutalization.
People (me included) were firephopping left and right so you weren't left behind. It turned into a catch up and protect you ass game. At least in GAF you only have to worry about items.
Also, I'm not sure if it was only on my end or what but I was hit constanty by invisible items. It made things worse.

Frantic lobby+ Firehopping people+Invisible items.. even I know my limits.
I'd love to play with you guys but it always seems like you're playing at really weird hours for my schedule.

The last time I played was a few days ago around 8PM and it was just Prinny, Incite and me in WW having a blast with the randoms. I have to say that WW is a 100 times better in MK8 than it was in MK7. Much tougher competition in the random community.

trixx

Said this the first time I played the game online. FIrst place is basically gets a free ride after a certain point in the race. First place player is like the least likely to get hit by items. Blue shells hardly comes, red shells barely come because second place often gets mushrooms.

Played a match of cloud top cruise online and was first the entire match without one threat. Not even one red shell came my way let alone a blue shell.

This game is a lot of fun but i've got to rank it below double dash and mario kart ds when it comes to multiplayer hands down imo. I feel like those games do a better job even considering mario kart double dash's specials, just take out the snaking.

Essentially an online race is battle from 3rd-onwards after a certain point.

I was playing WW at 4:00am today and somehow ended up in a room with ffdgh.

Needless to say this room was filled with fire hoppers. :(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know, I think it depends on the quality of players and a little luck. If your VR isn't an accurate representation of your skill there is a good chance you will be matched up with players that you won't find very challenging, making it easy to get and build a lead. I don't do WW races with randoms all that often so mine is in the middle range (around 5000 I think) and it's really hit and miss.

More often than not when I'm playing there are several people contending for first depending on how the items play out.

Enforced

I'll be on neogaf frantic in 5 minutes. My body is ready!
Edit: im on the lobby now.
Edit2: nobody on the lobby. Ill come back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom