• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party 6 Famitsu scan (the mic revealed)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
neo2046 said:
looks fun :D

f62273.jpg
So that is how they are going to make it 4 players plus the mic. Simple answer there. :)

MASB

Interesting. I didn't think about them using the memory card slot for the mic. The fact that they can even use it for that, is semi-impressive/clever.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
MASB said:
Interesting. I didn't think about them using the memory card slot for the mic. The fact that they can even use it for that, is semi-impressive/clever.
Same here, that actually suprised me.

I sincerely hope they spent some good quality time with this Mario Party.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Nintendo Ate My Children said:
Was it necessary for Nintendo to make the microphone look like a vibrator?

I was thinking of a tampon. MARIO PANTY

hirokazu

so i guess its company policy to make every non-standard input peripheral look stupid?

i mean, they might as well have a rumble motor in that thing while they're at it...

I just caught something that might indicate how you play one of the games. Take a look at the one screen with the bullet bills and bob-ombs lining up outside of a street intersection. I think this is a 3 vs. 1 game where the outside man has to take out all the guys in the middle. Now look closer. It seems like every row of bombs and bullets has a number. I'm pretty sure you play this part by just yelling "3! 5! 6!" Every time you say a number, a weapon comes flying out of that part.

Pretty cool if that's what it is.

Simply awesome! This Takes the visual crispness of the last title and makes it even better. I love the looks of the mini-games shown. It'll be a long wait.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies

Exactly what I thought when I saw the scan.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So does that mean a GC version of Rez is in the works? :p

The mic idea sounds cool though. I wonder if there is a game where you have to yell into the mic and see who does it the loudest. You would just pass it around and each person gets 10 seconds to be hella loud. This mic should be really fun. :D

Hero

Is it just me or does the microphone cord look pretty short?

I wish Nintendo would've made wireless versions of the GCN-GBA cable, the Konga drums, and this. Heck, even the HORI controller. Use the wavebird technology!

TekunoRobby said:
It's a promotional shot so the cord length isn't indicative of the actual consumer length.

We all know it's going to be 6ft. Every Nintendo cord is 6ft. They're idiots, it's nowhere near long enough for the American market. Maybe in Japan where everything is small the 6ft legnth isn't a problem, but here in America it is.

DCX

DCX
:lol That's what i was thinking...Nintendo Teh Mature.

DCX

Top Bottom