• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Tennis: lots of new pics~~

Chipopo

Banned
858320040918_015617_5_big.jpg

Haha, you wave that bird, Luigi

Penguin

The game looks interesting.

And if I'm not mistaken, I could be wrong, it looks like the trick shots just replaced the power shots in Mario Tennis.. I could be wrong..

Those long range ones on the other hand....

Best news according to IGN is you can play normal tennis in the game as well.

werther

Banned
seismologist said:
858320040918_014015_24_big.jpg

I told you guys before that they were using 8-bit NES sprites and no one believed me.
that looks really trippy. wish they'd make a new mario 3d mario with those old sprites, it;d be wacky

FoneBone

seismologist said:

I told you guys before that they were using 8-bit NES sprites and no one believed me.
Well, IIRC, that was because the pics you were talking about then didn't have 8-bit sprites.

GDGF

Soothsayer
That's fucking awesome. The 8-Bit sprite level looks like it came right out of the classic NES Who Are You gbasp advert.

Shiggy

Yusaku said:
For a tennis game this game has been in development for a long ass time.

They began the development of this version in March or May 2003, the version before this time wasn't good enough or something like that.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Shiggy said:
They began the development of this version in March or May 2003, the version before this time wasn't good enough or something like that.

The version beforehand was too similar to Mario Tennis 64. Imagine what NST did to 1080 when they made it for the Cube, now imagine Camelot doing something like that for Mario Tennis. That's why they scrapped it. They wanted to make changes.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
seismologist said:

No, you were referring to screens that didn't show this court at all. If you meant a different court to the screens, why on earth wouldn't you have pointed that out when we said they weren't 8-bit sprites?

jedimike

I don't remember what it looked like before the retooling, but this game looks fun as all hell. Can't wait to play it. Spring '05?

Memles

jedimike said:
US? I thought for sure that this wasn't going to make 2004. Good news if true.

You doubt me?

Was moved up the fill the space that Star Fox left after its delay. October Japan, November US.

The graphics in this game look so polished its unbelievable, there are no flaws that I can see from those screens. As long as it keeps 60fps then i'll be very happy

Grubdog

Banned
PAL GOTY 2005

Ugh, 2005. Too far away, i'm going to go INSANE waiting for this, and if this conversion is treated like Mario Golf was we won't get this until Q4 2005.

Hero

I kind of wish they would use the SSB:M Peach model as opposed to the SMS one. It's kind of out of proportion.

I thought the Peach model in SSB:M was done really well.

Anyone else agree with me? Or disagree?

And think Link or Zelda could be secret characters? It'd be funny to see Link use the Master Sword of Bug Net as a tennis racket.

Deku Tree

Hero said:
I kind of wish they would use the SSB:M Peach model as opposed to the SMS one. It's kind of out of proportion.

Anyone else agree with me? Or disagree?

And think Link or Zelda could be secret characters? It'd be funny to see Link use the Master Sword of Bug Net as a tennis racket.

Yes! Peach has no stomach and she needs one! And I wish they made this game more like SSB:M than MK: DD!! meaning that they should include Link, Zelda, Falcon, Kirby etc... but I kind of doubt it.

I just hope Orca makes it into the next SSB game.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Hero said:

Anyone else agree with me?

yes, but all the ssbm characters were supposed to look as if they were "real." basically in tennis, peach looks like how she's supposed to in the mario universe.

Memles

What's even more amazing than the graphics seems to be the animation; judging from the IGN Videos, it really seems like they've given each character a distinct personality in their movements.

Top Bottom