• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Dai101

Banned
nsgW7Ma.gif

For Anti

Joss Whedon on Jimmy Fallon last night talking about Avengers 2 and Quicksilver / Scarlett Witch:

He asked whether there are new characters and Whedon replied, "There are new characters. I've already said that we're going to have a brother-sister team, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, who were great mainstays of The Avengers when I was reading the comics as a kid."

Fallon said that he did not know the characters and then asked whether they had started casting them yet. Whedon said, "Not yet, we're doing that now."

Whedon said he is writing the sequel now and then was asked why he picked the two characters. He said, "well, besides the fact that I grew up reading them, their powers are very visually interesting. One of the problems I had on the first one was, everybody basically had punchy powers. 'I can hit,' 'I can also hit.' Hopefully it didn't get too boring. But coming into the second one, he's got super speed. She can weave spells and a little telekinesis, get inside your head. There’s good stuff that they can do that will help sort of keep it fresh."

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
He wants her, she wants him, it seems that it's just up to the agents and the studio bean counters now.

Indeed. In the interest of tempered expectations, though, I still feel that the prospect is a little blurry thanks to the The Host just barely making back its production budget at the Box Office.

junk

Luke-Evans-AES-048282.jpg

After watching Furious 6 and seeing pics of him as Bard the bowman, I'd say Luke Evans would make a pretty convincing Dr. Strange. + Jet Li as Wong.

Village

The guy who played a strange doctor should play Dr. Strange?

Is that the best you got?

yes.

The fellow fits in the kinda of tall lanky territory that Dr. Strange is in along with him knowing how to act like a cunt.

Strange was a cunt in his beginnings, and even though he mellowed out, he is alot of the times, still kind of a cunt. But he is fair, and a lot of the time he is right.

Just blacken his hair, give him white streaks, put some tights on him.

Boom doc strange

jph139

Honestly I'm still pulling for Patrick Dempsey as Doctor Strange. I know it was years ago he was talking about that, but he's not a bad actor and he looks the part. Particularly with that touch of grey I've seen him with...

Gorillaz

Is there a small...small chance that they make Maderin the Villain of Avengers 2? Even with that twist. Maybe it's just me but I feel they might honestly come back to the character and make him the villian

J10

Banned
Nah, bro. The Leader is the villain for Avengers 2. He's gonna bust out of SHIELD's custody and murder Black Widow for shooting him in the leg, thus giving the Avengers someone to avenge. And since Banner is gonna be romantically linked with her, it'll come down to a final showdown between Leader and Hulk after the rest of the team has been dispatched.

Is there a small...small chance that they make Maderin the Villain of Avengers 2? Even with that twist. Maybe it's just me but I feel they might honestly come back to the character and make him the villian

What? No, please no.

Thanos is all there is. Death comes for everyone.

Gorillaz

Whedon said a little awhile ago he didn't want to go all out already with Thanos. So I don't think he will be "thee" guy in A2.

Nah, bro. The Leader is the villain for Avengers 2. He's gonna bust out of SHIELD's custody and murder Black Widow for shooting him in the leg, thus giving the Avengers someone to avenge. And since Banner is gonna be romantically linked with her, it'll come down to a final showdown between Leader and Hulk after the rest of the team has been dispatched.
Wouldn't leader have to be setup in a Hult movie tho? Since he seems more aligned to Banner. Tho they might make it work for Capt America 2

Phase 3 should have been Ultron. It's a shame.

Maybe Phase 2 is Masters of Evil.

Ultron might be the on the next go around of the avengers. Marvel seems a little more focused on the short game (phase 1-3) then the aftermath of it.

eastx

Wouldn't leader have to be setup in a Hult movie tho? Since he seems more aligned to Banner. Tho they might make it work for Capt America 2

The Leader was set up in The Incredible Hulk, but since nobody but me seems happy with that movie, I doubt Marvel will borrow many elements from it in future films.

J10

Banned
I also liked Incredible Hulk. I was excited to see them introduce Leader at the end of it and I hope that if they do Masters of Evil that he's a part of it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Leader was set up in The Incredible Hulk, but since nobody but me seems happy with that movie, I doubt Marvel will borrow many elements from it in future films.

The Leader was also part of the Furys Big Week Comic, which is set in the MCU-Canon.

Maybe a Villain for the Hulk Realserie from Guillermo del Toro.

J10

Banned
Leader (or Abomination), Ivan Vanko, Red Skull, Malekith, Scarlet Witch

I'd have Quicksilver start off as a good guy at odds with his sister and eventually convince her to switch sides.

eastx

The difference is that it would be easier to pull off an accurate portrayal of Baron Zemo in a film and not be offensive.

Mandarin can be done non-offensively very easily. He's been that way in comics for what, 10+ years? The whole idea that he's a Fu Manchu stereotype is severely outdated, but apparently even the Marvel movie execs don't know that.

Top Bottom