• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Mafro

If those rumours are true, it'll be weird for me seeing Ronan as the bad guy since everything I've read with him in it he's been on the good side.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
If those rumours are true, it'll be weird for me seeing Ronan as the bad guy since everything I've read with him in it he's been on the good side.

recently on the good guys side , but with the GoTG who knows why they are at odds. Before recent times Ronan didnt give a fuck about being a "good" guy he was Kree till he die.

Now I'm wondering if they really might not get everybody back for Avengers 2 if they're introducing so many new characters.

That's one thing that's genius about launching an Avengers film franchise. There have been so many members throughout the years in the comics, it gives the opportunity to rotate the lineup in the films - as long as they don't try to flip all of them at once.

TDLink

He's a lawman who only cares about justice and the Kree (his race). He is kind of like Marvel's version of Judge Dredd, but with a big hammer. The GotG are initially seen as criminals for various reasons. It is pretty easy to see how he could be an antagonist. It also introduces the Kree into the MCU and helps to setup Annihilation if they do that as a follow-up adaptation (in which Ronan is still on the hunt for Gamora).

That's one thing that's genius about launching an Avengers film franchise. There have been so many members throughout the years in the comics, it gives the opportunity to rotate the lineup in the films - as long as they don't try to flip all of them at once.

Yeah, for Avengers 3 there are definitely going to be some rotations happening. A2 does, for now, seem to be a bit packed though. We have Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, The Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Black Panther (plus Nick Fury). That is going to be a pretty jam packed cast and it is going to be tough for everyone to get even time. I especially fear for the new characters who are coming into it without prior movies, we saw what happened with Hawkeye last time. It seems clear they are going to go the "villains at first" route with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (which means Black Panther would be the only new member that is actually interacting with the others for most of the movie), so that should alleviate some of it but I am not sure it is a great solution.

J10

Banned
It's going to be weird when they eventually have to recast Nick Fury.

They could kill him off and have a white guy take his place and name. Have it be like Agent Lynch from the A-Team movie where a new asshole takes up the role when the old one gets pinched. That reminds me, they should get Patrick Wilson in on one of these movies to play a villain.

Oh, and back to Nova; Bradley Cooper.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

junk

The Rock as Luke Cage and Jason Statham as Iron Fist. Heroes for Hire, directed by Justin Lin. Make it so, Feige.

Anth0ny

Is there really a chance of this happening?

I mean, there are few film properties as lucrative as Spider-Man, why would Sony ever consider outright selling the property?

My dream scenario is a deal being made where Sony lends Spidey to Marvel for one Avengers movie. This benefits both parties, as there would be not only more interest in the Avengers flick, but likely the Spider-Man film that would follow it. Dat Avengers bump.

J10

Banned

I mean, there are few film properties as lucrative as Spider-Man, why would Sony ever consider outright selling the property?

My dream scenario is a deal being made where Sony lends Spidey to Marvel for one Avengers movie. This benefits both parties, as there would be not only more interest in the Avengers flick, but likely the Spider-Man film that would follow it. Dat Avengers bump.

Is this real life?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I hope that it will go what Marvel want it to be. I'm concerned.

I don't want Sony's Spider-Man in The Avengers. Please just let Marvel do it right this time. Have Bendis write the screenplay.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
You know, Ronan was Thanos' son in the Ultimate universe...

they better not keep following the ultimate universe....it crashes hard and avengers, iron man, cap, thor all became way better books in marvel 616 than marvel ultimate. ult spidey was good for a really long time though.

I don't want Sony's Spider-Man in The Avengers. Please just let Marvel do it right this time. Have Bendis write the screenplay.

People are misunderstanding the post, Sony's not going to give up Spider-Man. And Bendis has been fucking up a bit, so I'm iffy on him writing a screenplay.

Not that it's happening anyway.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Sam Jackson on the set of Cap 2:

article019f24d8e000005d.jpg

article019f24de6000005d.jpg

article019f24eb2000005d.jpg

a57c33e7152ffe91.jpg

a0f5025292666aa2.jpg

captainamericawintersolr.jpg

62a0ffd2a22f43fa.jpg

Now that Iron Man 3 has introduced lava people I would like to see Fury use some of his ridiculous tech from the comics. Personal force fields and cloaking and shit.

Saoirse Ronan says she'd be up for playing Scarlett Witch.

The Mary Sue: You worked with Eric Bana in Hanna and he played the Hulk for Marvel. There was a rumor going around you’re Joss Whedon’s “prototype” for the character Scarlet Witch in The Avengers sequel. Did you hear anything about that and second, would you be interested in doing a superhero film ever?

Ronan: I have heard about it and yes, I would. Yeah, of course I would. I love Joss and I love those films, and I love his handle on them and how he portrayed these kinds of superheroes. I think it’s very different from what anyone else has done. So yeah, I’d love to be in it.”

The fuck. If true (and Fox and Disney/Marvel haven't worked out a deal), this takes him off of the market for Avengers 2 as I'm pretty sure Fox has first dibs on all mutants.

This must be FOX higher-ups ordering Singer to shit all over Joss's plans. Has to be.

There's no way he just figured out now, after filming has begun, that he wants Quicksilver in his film.

If the rumors were true this is going to make things interesting...

ufyTMQR.jpg

Did they do this just to fuck with Marvel? I thought it was a 'whoever uses the characters first gets their rights' kind of thing, or did I misunderstand how their rights work? Either party can use them whenever they want as long as FOX doesn't mention Avengers and Marvel doesn't mention mutants?

Top Bottom