• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

I feel like I'm about done with this game. I've been playing for the last six months and I'm still at Shield lvl 35, yet the new rune system they added won't unlock for me because it requires lvl 60 minimum. It's ridiculous, I can't even beat the third mission in the new story chapter with my strongest characters, who are tier 2 btw.

I had a good run, it was nice while it lasted but this is one wall I don't think I can make it over.

Eh, why worry about the new stuff? It's unnecessary right now for all other aspects of the game. You don't gain much from doing the new missions (hell I haven't even gone back to them after the first clears), and the Uru system is currently a huge gold sink. You don't find the other modes fun? Shadowlands, WBs, and AB are way more important things to focus on.

ezekial45

Banned
Eh, why worry about the new stuff? It's unnecessary right now for all other aspects of the game. You don't gain much from doing the new missions (hell I haven't even gone back to them after the first clears), and the Uru system is currently a huge gold sink. You don't find the other modes fun? Shadowlands, WBs, and AB are way more important things to focus on.

I can barely make a dent in Shadowlands and the World Boss mode. I can't even finish the first stage of Shadowlands. I'm not sure if it's because I grew my characters out wrong, but I only only have two characters that are tier 2 and they can only take these characters down halfway before they get wiped. I gave them near max ISO crystals for their stats, and they're getting pummeled.

I can barely make a dent in Shadowlands and the World Boss mode. I can't even finish the first stage of Shadowlands. I'm not sure if it's because I grew my characters out wrong, but I only only have two characters that are tier 2 and they can only take these characters down halfway before they get wiped. I gave them near max ISO crystals for their stats, and they're getting pummeled.

Hmm. Are you in a level 24+ Alliance? Also, how are you cards overall (decent amount of cooldown reduction and attacks?)?

ezekial45

Banned
Hmm. Are you in a level 24+ Alliance? Also, how are you cards overall (decent amount of cooldown reduction and attacks?)?

I'll be honest, I totally forgot about Alliance stuff. I just left my lvl 8 group and joined a lvl 30 one. Will that help?

As for my cards, i actually leveled them up a bit now. This is what I have at the moment:

1872 #1 Mythical 6 6-Star
Physical Attack + 10%
Critical Rate + 10%
Max HP + 5.1%
Critical Damage + 5.4%
Physical Defense + 5.7%
Defense Penetration 6%

Secret Wars: Battleworld #2 Rare 3 3-star
Max HP + 5.5%
Fire Resist + 5.5%
Critical Damage + 5.1%

Loki: Agent of Asgard #17 Rare 6 3-star
All Attack + 7%
Cooldown Time + 7%
Max HP + 5.1%

Guardians of the Galaxy (2013) #1 Legendary 4 5-star
Attack Speed + 8%
Poison Resist + 8%
Energy Cooldown + 5.1%
Cooldown Time + 5.4%
Energy Defense + 5.7%

S.H.I.E.L.D (2014) #7 Mythical 2 6-star
Lightning Resist + 8%
Critical Damage + 8%
Fire Resist + 5.1%
Attack Speed + 5.4%
Energy Defense + 5.7%
Energy Attack + 6%

I'll be honest, I totally forgot about Alliance stuff. I just left my lvl 8 group and joined a lvl 30 one. Will that help?

As for my cards, i actually leveled them up a bit now. This is what I have at the moment:

Yeah, the alliance bonuses you'll have now will be a huge help. As for your cards, keep your 5* and 6* ones. Upgrade the Loki one as high as possible and try and find yourself the Marvel Zombies card. With those, your baseline will be set and the rest will come down to roster strength/size.

The Kree

Banned

The game isn't designed to be fun for very long, it's designed to extract money from you. You've just hit the paywall. Having said that, the game is still more generous that most other F2P games. You can either pay to move forward or grind away at all the stuff you've already cleared. I've been playing it since launch and I stopped enjoying it a long time ago. I just play it to kill time now. Doesn't matter how deep your roster is, you're not going to make it any further unless you replay old stuff for months or buy a bunch of cards, gems, gears, and bios so you can use the top 5 characters to beat everything.

BP was like the second or third character I T2ed because I'm an idiot fanboy and T2ed characters I like rather than super effective ones, so I'm pretty happy that he's getting buffed.
(I also T2ed 4 different Captain America)

I finally got a WBI legendary chest yesterday. That's some really good stuff.

What's the difference between the two tickets?

The mega ticket gives you full mastery, levels you up to 60 and ranks up all your gears to 20 in addition to making the character T2. Saves you all the gold, GUK, and debris costs associated with those as well. So you can take a 6* level 1 character straight to T2.

The really ducking part is that the T2 ticket is 260 tokens, while the mega T2 ticket is 340 tokens, not that much more.
Except at the current rate, doing only event related tasks, you'll max out at 260. So the other one isn't really accessible (without buying stuff).

Unless they give us some bonus tokens, which they have done in the past.
Seems likely with Christmas around the corner!

So I just did AB for the first time in a while, went on to play extreme, then when that was over there was a challenge mode which I'd never seen before... I beat the high score, and then nothing happened? No reward or anything? What's the point?

Unless they give us some bonus tokens, which they have done in the past.
Seems likely with Christmas around the corner!

So I just did AB for the first time in a while, went on to play extreme, then when that was over there was a challenge mode which I'd never seen before... I beat the high score, and then nothing happened? No reward or anything? What's the point?

Challenge mode is just kinda there for fun, if people want to raise up their score. Might also be for those competing for the Alliance Tournament mode.

I really like Jane Thor in the game and outside and she's been a solo SL clearer for me, so I want to reward her with a T2, but these are so meh. I guess it makes the fights I use her in easier.

Loki can already do all the content so I see no rush in getting T2 for him/her either.

I sort of feel like I should reward Loki and HB with T2 upgrades out of loyalty to them for getting me so far in the game haha.
But I did that with Nico and she's not that great so I should probably focus elsewhere.

I need some strong Combat and Universals so working on 6 starring She-Hulk and Carnage.
Who's a good Universal T2 outside of BO?

I really like Jane Thor in the game and outside and she's been a solo SL clearer for me, so I want to reward her with a T2, but these are so meh. I guess it makes the fights I use her in easier.

Loki can already do all the content so I see no rush in getting T2 for him/her either.

Depending on how many tickets you have, you may as well. Thing is, we're down to the final 13 characters that don't have a T2. Almost all of them are farmable characters, so the odds of them becoming top tier are slim. Jane, Angela, Loki, and Hulkbuster were actually four of the last holdouts for potential must-haves. Only Destroyer is left (fingers crossed for a good T2, because it's already a great counter to the current meta). Also factor in that we'll have another two tickets by the time the next update drops from the tokens and monthly check-in. You'll be covered if any of the new characters are worth it.

Who's a good Universal T2 outside of BO?

The better question is, who isn't? (lolUltron)

Hellstorm, Hyperion, and Ghost Rider are solid/useful picks.

Hyperion's a no-go. Hellstorm I'm halfway to 6* so he's a good choice. I didn't know Ghost Rider is strong.

Feels like it's going to take me months to get Clea up to 5*.
I have a 5* ticket but is there a quicker way to get her up to 4* without a ticket? Or can i buy a ticket, do 4* rank up tickets ever appear in the shop?

I just T2'd Captain Marvel but I'm not sure if it's worth it yet, her buffs did make her decent at the very least but I feel like she might still be lacking in the offense department, though I still need to get an offense ISO on her(she doesn't need survivability as long as you rotate her skills well.)

Oh I see... meh. Thought there'd be some sort of extra Christmas surprise. Ah well.

Just realised I missed three events yesterday and am down 6 tokens now, doh.

The Kree

Banned
Epic Quest is bugged I think. The mission "Kaecilius' Quest" requires advancing him up to 4*, but he is already at 6/6 yet I can't clear it.

I didn't even try this time for the T2 ticket, they seem extra annoying this time and I was going to miss at least one day for sure. There's nothing else of value in there either, 6* ticket isn't worth much.

Holy shit Enchantress T2. Godly. Is there anything she can't do?

Managed to get to Shadowland 17 this week. Pretty decent run for me. Still have a couple T2 characters left but I run out of time rather than get defeated.

Hate the time limits on SL. Especially when I'm missing out by like 15-20 seconds.

Surprised we didn't get an interim report for the Monsters Unleashed update this past week. Funny thing is, I was wondering how they'd be able to handle the huge enemies, but they proved they can with the Asgard bosses. I'm guessing we'll get a third set of bosses for WBI with all the new ones they'll add. Hoping Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur become playable somehow.

Holy shit Enchantress T2. Godly. Is there anything she can't do?

Yeah she's amazing. Killed I-Thanos this week without even letting him do his phase transition animations.

I've been doing a lot more WBI, and I honestly think the payouts are great, even if you factor in the infuriating RNG, as even the basic chests give you a decent amount of Norn stones. I almost regret not writing down my results so far, just to get an idea of what the bios/gold/stones to energy ratio is.

I'll have 2 T2 tickets today and looking at my current roster, I should be able to T2 any of these characters : Miles, HulkBuster, Loki, Silk, Ancient One, and Iron Man.
I'd go for Ancient One and Silk, what do you guys think?

Ant Man, Carnage and Wiccan aren't too far off, so I guess I'll somehow do Carnage next month.

The Kree

Banned
I can't beat Black Dwarf more than twice. It sucks. The team of Black Bolt, Songbird, and Daisy Johnson should be able to do it, but I can't get it done. I'm trying also trying Ronan, Loki, and Thor with no luck. He does way too much damage in his second phase.

I can't beat Black Dwarf more than twice. It sucks. The team of Black Bolt, Songbird, and Daisy Johnson should be able to do it, but I can't get it done. I'm trying also trying Ronan, Loki, and Thor with no luck. He does way too much damage in his second phase.

Does your Loki have a heal set? That should help out with the bleed damage that you'll inevitably take. The rest should be covered by his shield. Is your SCD high enough for near-100% uptime?

Next update will have three new characters, per the hint dropped today.

Edit: And they've decided not to keep the super armor on Strange's uniform :(

Spend your winter tokens today!

I don't have a healing set on him and his cooldown is high enough.

I'd highly suggest using a healing set. Attack sets don't affect his clones (where all your damage comes from), and defensive ones are pointless with him having a shield. It's really helpful for WBs and SL.

Captain Marvel or Elsa Tier-2? I'm leaning towards Captain Marvel.

Elsa w/uniform can do everything Captain Marvel can do, while also being super useful for clearing both regular and extreme speed day ABs.

I only JUST scraped a T2 ticket, hit 260 exactly. Think there were two days where I only managed 5 tasks, one more and I would've fucked it.
Think Hellstorm and Carnage will probably be my next T2s, though it looks like my bio selector will run out before I can max his gears out and I really don't want to buy another one.

The Kree

Banned
I came across an Ant-Man in Timeline that kept flying at me the entire time. By the time the move was done it had already cooled down and he'd just do it again, over and over until the match ended.

That was annoying and it shouldn't be possible.

Top Bottom