• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Another "So who is everyone working on at the moment?" post.

Here's who I'm putting my daily bio selectors towards atm:

Combat - Shang Chi
Speed - Miles
Blast - Crystal
Uni - Destroyer

Working on Crystal and Dormammu via Special Missions, and getting Thanos to 6* (just hit 5*)

Waiting for a uni sale so I can pick up Ghost Rider and Destroyer's unis

Edit: I desperately need advice on how to beat stage 12:7 (second Surtur). Had far too many failed attempts now.
I'm using a maxed out Strange teamed with AO/Mordo or AO/Clea and I can get Surtur down to between one half and one third of his health, but at that point he drains my life faster than I can heal it, every time. Any tips?!

I used UniStrange/T2 Wasp/T2 Groot to go through all of the last chapter. With a max cooldown, Strange is almost entirely invulnerable (IIRC, the max CD for his 6* skill is 8 seconds and he is invuln for 7). If he does take some damage, he gains it right back by spamming his second skill. T2 Wasp is there to prevent any debuffs / breaks and T2 Groot provides extra healing via his passive (and if Strange somehow take big damage and needs to use Groot's circle).

Thanks, just applied. Apparently I was the leader of the Tights up until now when I just left. I certainly wasn't the one that started it though, lol.

Anyways, my in game name is Vexid

Thanks man.

Ha it made me leader of tights when you left and it took me forever to figure out how to leave. Anyway, I just applied to capes. Username is crookshow.
Got you both now and cleared house a bit.

There's a uni sale going on right now, actually. Lasts for another day.

Oh shit, didn't even notice, thanks!

Finally beat Surtur, he killed my Strange at about 25% health but luckily Ancient One finished him off.

Now even more stuck on Odin. That one second cooldown gap on Strange is enough for him to wipe me out.
Even if I bring out AO's bubble I can't heal up fast enough and he utterly destroys me.
Don't think I've even got him past half health yet. Very frustrating.

-Digits-

Oh shit, didn't even notice, thanks!

Finally beat Surtur, he killed my Strange at about 25% health but luckily Ancient One finished him off.

Now even more stuck on Odin. That one second cooldown gap on Strange is enough for him to wipe me out.
Even if I bring out AO's bubble I can't heal up fast enough and he utterly destroys me.
Don't think I've even got him past half health yet. Very frustrating.

You should be able to bridge the gap with the 4th skill, All-Seeing Eye. I just use it when the cooldown is about 2 seconds away and then interrupt it as soon as Sorcerer Supreme is up again and spam Eye of Agamotto during the immunity. Assuming you have maxed cooldown, this should work.

You should be able to bridge the gap with the 4th skill, All-Seeing Eye. I just use it when the cooldown is about 2 seconds away and then interrupt it as soon as Sorcerer Supreme is up again and spam Eye of Agamotto during the immunity. Assuming you have maxed cooldown, this should work.

Yeah I think I have max cooldown, especially with Clea's leadership.
I'll give it another go when I can face it again haha.

So my Destroyer has maxed gears and his uni now, is he worth the T2 ticket?
Which ISO set and Obelisk would be best to make him a timeline beast?

When are we expecting 3.0 to hit? 2nd anniversary is in a few weeks right?

My best guess on the timeline based on what they've been doing is this:

Next week - mini T2 update to finish off the AoS characters
Three weeks - 3.0 which will be the Monsters Unleashed update
Eight weeks - Guardians 2 tie-in and 2nd anniversary update

Yeah I think I have max cooldown, especially with Clea's leadership.
I'll give it another go when I can face it again haha.

So my Destroyer has maxed gears and his uni now, is he worth the T2 ticket?
Which ISO set and Obelisk would be best to make him a timeline beast?

He is worth it, but you really have to have a specific setup for him. Needs to be paired with T2 Throot and Wasp for one. You want DDE for ISO set. Obelisk you want Max HP and either Max HP again or Recovery Rate along with a 4/5 sec. invincibility proc. Anything less than this really hurts him.

He is worth it, but you really have to have a specific setup for him. Needs to be paired with T2 Throot and Wasp for one. You want DDE for ISO set. Obelisk you want Max HP and either Max HP again or Recovery Rate along with a 4/5 sec. invincibility proc. Anything less than this really hurts him.

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I probably wouldn't be able to make him work for me.
Braindead characters seem to work best for me haha.

My best guess on the timeline based on what they've been doing is this:

Next week - mini T2 update to finish off the AoS characters
Three weeks - 3.0 which will be the Monsters Unleashed update
Eight weeks - Guardians 2 tie-in and 2nd anniversary update

Wow this build sounds awesome. And I just so happen to have DDE rolled on him already. I just need to roll the obelisk and grab his uni.

The Kree

Banned
How worth it is it to bring Proxima to 6/6/60? I feel like the gold and resources I spend taking her the rest of the way would probably be better spent on a handful of T1s, but I don't have any Black Order or any other native T2s.

How worth it is it to bring Proxima to 6/6/60? I feel like the gold and resources I spend taking her the rest of the way would probably be better spent on a handful of T1s, but I don't have any Black Order or any other native T2s.

Proxima is a great choice for your first fully leveled T2. I was tempted to stop leveling her and T2 other characters but I'm glad I resisted and stuck it out. She will make it easier to earn the materials for future T2s. If you want, you can just get her to 6/6/55 with level 17 gears (I think 55 will let you go to 17, not sure) and she will still be very useful in WB/SL.

Absolutely worth it. She's the best regular cost native T2 you can get.

Proxima may well be my favourite character to play as. Her damage output is just ridiculous.

I finally got Odin! Just Dormammu left to go, think I'll buy a Stark's Stash for the first time in ages and blow the crystals on Hidden Tickets.

The Kree

Banned
Proxima is a great choice for your first fully leveled T2. I was tempted to stop leveling her and T2 other characters but I'm glad I resisted and stuck it out. She will make it easier to earn the materials for future T2s. If you want, you can just get her to 6/6/55 with level 17 gears (I think 55 will let you go to 17, not sure) and she will still be very useful in WB/SL.

Gaining materials is not really an issue anymore, only World Boss I can't beat is Thanos. My primary concern is padding my roster enough to clear Shadowland. Is she of any use in Chapter 12? I can't get past Ymir.

Gaining materials is not really an issue anymore, only World Boss I can't beat is Thanos. My primary concern is padding my roster enough to clear Shadowland. Is she of any use in Chapter 12? I can't get past Ymir.

She's too squishy for chp 12. You want Strange for that.

Pejo

Got you both now and cleared house a bit.

Appreciate it! Those Capes buffs ALMOST got me to clear my first WB fight. Almost. lol

14% skill cooldown reduction is awesome.

I'm working on a few more T2s to help out. Doing Songbird for Blast, Moon Knight for Combat, and eventually Silk for Speed. I already have Elsa, Carnage, and ShaRog. Hoping this helps me out in either WB or Shadowland since I haven't cleared a single stage of either yet.

So next update is NOT 3.0. And we're getting Hellcat along with some uniform upgrade changes (no details).

1488522151594.jpg

The Kree

Banned
Timeline is garbage.

Strange, Odin, Dormammu, Sharon, Thanos. That's all it is ever going to be because the game is pay to win and people aren't going to waste time. I leave it on autoplay and collect the tokens because I go ten for ten at the same rate as if I played it manually.

Stoked! One more hidden route away from unlocking Dormammu and I still have my unlimited for today. Don't let me down RNG.

What does it take to beat Iron Fist boss in Shadowland?

Two things. First, a boatload of ignore dodge, like from Bullseye's leadership. Second, pay attention to the dodge buff icon he has and hit him with your strongest attack as it's about to wear off.

Buy crystals. Spend crystals. Get Dormammu.

Damn Frost. Must be some crystals spent.

Think I'm on 55 Hidden routes and I'm staring down the barrel of a Aug/Sep unlock.

It's actually not that bad if you think about it. It has been just about three weeks since the update dropped. From f2p crystals alone you could have 1340 crystals (20 days of 25 from daily achievements, 100 weekly login ones and three weeks of 180 from weekly TL). Those plus the 25 free tickets we get from both quest packs and the login event make it so it's only a three week ordeal without actually spending money. I averaged two hidden routes a day doing about 17 runs during the unlimited period (on days I didn't use any tickets).

AoS T2s are live!

Also some uniform previews for next patch. They were found in the game files a few weeks back, but now they're confirmed.

170308_Teaser_2_1.png
170308_Teaser_2_2.png

The Kree

Banned
Daisy's buff skill doesn't have to be activated within attack range anymore, so that's good. Still useless otherwise.

Crystal needs a serious speed upgrade. She can't manually dodge anything.

Moon Knight is something special at Tier 2.

I wish I could find a use for Ant-Man beyond stalling for time.

Daisy's use is purely support. And the good news is her T2 buff also transfers to other characters, so you can make better use of that def pen, dodge, and immunity pierce.

Crystal has a good shield though, and lots of CC. She's pretty good. Ant-Man stay useless though. Dude has no place in the game these days (unless you still need a safe WB win).

Ant-Man is probably my only T2 regret.

That said I've seen one or two in Timeline that seem to have some sort of amazing combination of ISO etc that rips it up, but my Ant-Man is completely useless.

The Kree

Banned
I regret him and Ronan as Tier 2. That was back when I didn't have many options though. The week after I T2'd Ronan, updates for Black Bolt and Captain Marvel were announced. Fuckin shit.

I feel like I should be able to beat Loki boss in Shadowland with Elsa, but the stupid ice giants always screw up my targeting and I run out of time.

Man, I'm already over Ironheart. While sure, she's basically unkillable, it's super disappointing to see her 5th skill animation and then see tiny numbers along with it. Her and especially Hyperion need some buffing.

I feel like I should be able to beat Loki boss in Shadowland with Elsa, but the stupid ice giants always screw up my targeting and I run out of time.

Do you have a damage increase obelisk on her? Also, my condolences on T2 Ronan.

The Kree

Banned
No, a recovery obelisk (with a physical damage effect) because I have a recovery set on her from before she could trigger immunity. I like that she's basically unkillable now. I probably should tweak her gear options a bit because her new uniform changes some of her attacks to energy. I have some Uru I could use as well I guess.

No, a recovery obelisk (with a physical damage effect) because I have a recovery set on her from before she could trigger immunity. I like that she's basically unkillable now. I probably should tweak her gear options a bit because her new uniform changes some of her attacks to energy. I have some Uru I could use as well I guess.

She's unkillable now even without heals. You can just rotate 5-1-3-4 and always be in damage immune or in i-frames. I'd highly suggest switching over to both an attack ISO set and obelisk. And despite her attacks being energy, she still only uses physical attack.

Her energy attacks power is based off her physical attack stat, so keep building her physical attack. Also, consider giving her an attack ISO set/dmg proc obelisk if you end up getting the uni. The iframe and immunity she gains from it will make it so you don't need healing.

Edit: lol my bad frostinferno, I forgot to refresh for new page. I'm still waking up haha

Top Bottom