• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

GManDH

giphy.gif

Chapter 10 has been a long time coming.

Chapter 11 when?

well if chapter 10 is invasion, wat was after that?? they did say that the story might go into space next, so.....Thanos??

Dec

Dec and I were the only ones on. I said "hi." He ignored me. :(

Whoops. I got one level of cosmic and called it a night but I definitely afked tabbed out while deciding if I wanted to level anymore.

It'll be hard to devote much time to leveling until a bit later in the week since omega is so shit at the beginning.

Whoops. I got one level of cosmic and called it a night but I definitely afked tabbed out while deciding if I wanted to level anymore.

It'll be hard to devote much time to leveling until a bit later in the week since omega is so shit at the beginning.

yeah I got Ant-Man to 60 but will probably wait until later this week to level up his level 80 legendary.

Do you most of you just buy the characters outright? Do you usually wait for a certain time to do it?

I think I'm just going to buy in game currency since the splinters take forever and I'll probably get bored otherwise.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It depends. Sometimes I'll wait for sales to buy heroes, but I usually have enough splinters to pick up a new hero if I want. Right now I'm sitting on about 1200, and I have Magik and Iron Fist in mind.

Yeah, the past 2 years they've done "all heroes for the upcoming year" packs, which are the ones I got. They have also done the "next 3 heroes coming up" packs as well.

Indignate

Characters that should have been their own characters but were made into costumes instead.

They have different voice acting and some of them have different colors on their abilities or additional animations.

Yeah, the pre-order packs are generally cheaper because they also come with the release costume and stash tabs for those characters. It's like 120 bucks for 12 heroes + costume + stash and some boosts as candy.

And yeah, as Indignate says, Enhanced costumes are costumes that change the voice acting and animations on the character, so they're more expensive.

I just can't believe how expensive it is for just that. :/

Might buy two guys but not sure who. I think cable is a definite but I really like X-23 so far but also want gambit/magneto.
I think it's worth buying one or two characters which will give you three to start with. By the time you've leveled them up you'll have enough currency to grab another one.

I think it's worth buying one or two characters which will give you three to start with. By the time you've leveled them up you'll have enough currency to grab another one.

Yeah, I'm stuck with colossus who I've come to like but I'd rather just have one or two of the characters I really like so time goes faster to get the splinters. I really love the 10 level tryout, makes me much more willing to spend money to buy them early now.

Dec

Do you most of you just buy the characters outright? Do you usually wait for a certain time to do it?

I think I'm just going to buy in game currency since the splinters take forever and I'll probably get bored otherwise.

I used to buy a hero once in a while, and last year they gave away a lot of codes for free random heroes. Eventually I got every hero and don't buy anything but costumes and stash anymore cause it's easy to save 400 splinters every month for the new hero.

Turns out I only really liked 6 of them all that much though lol. Finding out which heroes you'll click with is the challenging thing.

Yeah, I'm stuck with colossus who I've come to like but I'd rather just have one or two of the characters I really like so time goes faster to get the splinters. I really love the 10 level tryout, makes me much more willing to spend money to buy them early now.

Colossus is one of the really simplistic, but still enjoyable to play characters. He is really bad currently though. His damage is awful, which in itself isn't that big a deal in the current state of the game, but his mechanics are so outdated that he is among the squishiest of heroes at the same time (unless you go all health build and have 90k hp).

On the test center now is an update to defensive stats that also reworks how his armor mechanic functions and he will be MUCH more tanky once it hits.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

The best bang for your buck when it comes to splinters is almost certainly Scarlet Witch. She is only 200 splinters, very powerful, and imo a lot of fun.

Dec

To be clear, saving up to 400 splinters a month is not something the average player is gonna do.

200 might even be stretching it.

Eh maybe, depends how much the average player plays. It's like 8-9 hours played a week to get 400 in a month considering the 30 from log in rewards (10 per 10 days logged in).

Anoregon

You can also do it directly from the team roster, theres an unlock button and you choose splinters or Gs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Surprised theres no Jessica Jones team up to go with the show

Anoregon

Thinking about Scarlet Witch and how good of a character she is, I think the main reason I don't prestige/play her more is just that there isn't a single costume that I'm really fond of. I don't give a shit about Wiccan and none of the standard costumes do much for me.

Thinking about Scarlet Witch and how good of a character she is, I think the main reason I don't prestige/play her more is just that there isn't a single costume that I'm really fond of. I don't give a shit about Wiccan and none of the standard costumes do much for me.
I have the marvel NOW one and it's pretty decent.

Anoregon

Yeah, I guess that one's decent. I just use Heroes Reborn because of how cheap it was at the time (like 225 G or some shit) and I like it a bit more than the default.

Drayco21

Surprised theres no Jessica Jones team up to go with the show

I'll be shocked if she isn't playable some time next year. She's the only Netflix Defender not slated as her own character, and MCU synergy is all anyone at Marvel cares about anymore anyway, so I'd assume they'd want to nudge Gaz towards it.

Her NPC model is in desperate need of an update, though.

Anoregon

I can't imagine her being very interesting from a visual/design standpoint, though. She's just a super-strength brawler, right?

Drayco21

Yeah, pretty boring power set. Super strength, durability and not very good flight. She wouldn't be all that compelling mechanically, but that's certainly never stopped them before now.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Magik

Magik spent her first weekend in Test Center and it was pretty darn good, I think. Lots of good feedback and the final 'assassinate' power should be in tomorrow. Today's TC build won't have too many changes since the weekend build had all of the Friday changes.
Defense/Dodge

@PsiLocke is iterating on this constantly thanks to your bug reports and feedback (along with the overall mob changes from @MichaelMayhem). The more you post, the more we can fix ASAP!
Danger Room

Lots of tuning and tweaking to come for difficulty and rewards this week. Release date TBD, we're focused on making this fun. Lots of meetings this week about feedback, so please keep delivering it. We'll be doing dedicated play sessions this week that we'll announce the schedule for (like a smaller Play with the Devs). @Asros will be announcing that soon!
In Development

What's next?!

Iron Fist already has many of his animations in-game and hooked up. Once Magik ships, we'll dedicate a post to his mechanics just as we did for Illyana & Deadpool.

Deadpool 52 already got his write up and we're still reading your comments over there so if you have concerns, speak now, etc. He's under way as far as development goes and keeps telling us to make sure he gets finished before the holiday break. We're working on it Wade, you can stop sharpening your sais.

We're working on designing the next Omega System tab this week and finalizing some details of the upcoming changes to the overall system. Once those are worked out, we'll share the plan with you guys. @MichaelMayhem in particular is excited about that.

Item Enhancement/Starktech 2.0: @Asros has been meeting with the engineers on the progress for this. If you don't know, it's a Starktech system for Uniques and perhaps other item slots that will do things like allow you to customize Any Hero Uniques to suit your build/etc. It will not just be "+1 to X Power", that's just the current iteration of it for Artifacts.

Crafting Changes: In engineering now. As I've said before, we're reducing the number of tiers for each type to 1, and have some other highly requested QoL changes. This is "phase 1" of the changes to this system with more to come, but we think it's important to get these out. These are looking to be launching in December as planned.

Secret Invasion: Well under way and nearly ready for testing. The enemies for this mode are shaking out to be the best yet, I think. The waypoint names snuck their way onto Test Center, but you guys haven't seen anything yet.

Black Cat is also coming along, with her powers fully estimated and ready to enter the pipeline. I think her level of fun will surprise people.

But what about the next characters? Well you already know about Angela, and it's not too long now until you know about the plan for next year. Be patient, my friends.

Requests for a bigger "what's happening next year post" - working on the plan for next year first, but once that is finalized, you will get a big fat post with words and information and all kinds of goodness on the direction of the game. This is a lame answer to be sure, but I hope you can wait just a bit longer so we can suss out the details.

so item changes probs the next big delay till this time next year

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
game is dead more like

remember when danger room was coming in the summer? how young and naive we were

Anoregon

the thread (and game) will rise again, comic characters never stay dead.

Anoregon

Yeah and he'll be back in like 4 months :p

Mulgrok

Last issue of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl they retconned her being a mutant to an "unidentified source" for her powers. Incoming squirrel movie?

Drayco21

I wonder how much longer Universal can just sit on Namor's film rights and do nothing before they expire fully. Dude needs to be in this game.

the thread (and game) will rise again, comic characters never stay dead.

kaine%2Brising%2B(640x387).jpg

Just as his return from death (over and over) is an essential part of the web of life, so too will Kaine's addition to this game make people care about it again.

A whole baker's dozen of people.

As it is written!

Top Bottom