• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Gaz art department is on 80% boob modeling duty.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Why are we even mad that a hero got stronger in a PVE game?

Aint nobody mad dog. The problem is that the power creep cycle keeps on rolling on and on because they never actually establish a base line. Remember when they said tuning tags would let them balance the game across the board because tweaking 50+ heroes individually is untenable? We know how that turned out.

also while some people on the forums undoubtedly know their shit, let's not pretend they're all objective when it comes to their babies, or that they have perspective on the game as a whole. Not sayin Gaz does necessarily, but don't let's say the players are always right when it comes to balancing.

Mulgrok

Finally got my new pc crap up and running. Every time I put together a PC I end up bleeding a bunch. Stupid sharp radiator fins on the coolermaster 212 evo...

Like a bandage, we just need to tear off the awful characters real quick so we can get to the good stuff from Heroes 2016. Like Kaine, Agent Venom, Black Knight and Phyla.
Black knight...you're killing me here. So funny. Have they killed off Kaine yet in the comics? Phyla hasn't been a thing in years either, right?

Drayco21

They sure haven't! Alonso has even lied to us about how he's going to have an important role in ANAD several times.

Phyla is dead and forgotten because no one likes to remember that there were Captain Marvels other than Carol, though.

They sure haven't! Alonso has even lied to us about how he's going to have an important role in ANAD several times.

Phyla is dead and forgotten because no one likes to remember that there were Captain Marvels other than Carol, though.
I mostly think it's because she wasn't a particularly interesting character aside from being lady quasar and moondragon's love interest. I mean what else do you do with her...and this is coming from someone who liked wraith.

Drayco21

I mostly think it's because she wasn't a particularly interesting character aside from being lady quasar and moondragon's love interest. I mean what else do you do with her...and this is coming from someone who liked wraith.

I've always liked her because she was such a fuck up. She always tried so hard, and nothing ever worked out for her, but I always found her compelling as a character because of just how consistent her inability to do anything right was. She should totally stay dead in the comics; Star-Lord and Rich should have too, those books are closed, that story is over- I'm okay with that.

But just imagine how cool her ult could be; summoning Moondragon back when she was literally a Dragon and ride around breathing fire all over and being a dragon. Shit would be cash.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Actually really looking forward to Angela:p

Goes well with my real name too

Fuck Phyla, where's my Monica Rambeau. The true Captain Marvel.

I've always liked her because she was such a fuck up. She always tried so hard, and nothing ever worked out for her, but I always found her compelling as a character because of just how consistent her inability to do anything right was. She should totally stay dead in the comics; Star-Lord and Rich should have too, those books are closed, that story is over- I'm okay with that.

But just imagine how cool her ult could be; summoning Moondragon back when she was literally a Dragon and ride around breathing fire all over and being a dragon. Shit would be cash.

Phyla was okay but I do really want Moondragon. And that turning into a dragon and fucking shit up should be Moondragon's ult, not Phyla's. >:C

Aint nobody mad dog. The problem is that the power creep cycle keeps on rolling on and on because they never actually establish a base line. Remember when they said tuning tags would let them balance the game across the board because tweaking 50+ heroes individually is untenable? We know how that turned out.

also while some people on the forums undoubtedly know their shit, let's not pretend they're all objective when it comes to their babies, or that they have perspective on the game as a whole. Not sayin Gaz does necessarily, but don't let's say the players are always right when it comes to balancing.

Bingo.

Hilarious to see people on this thread defend Gaz tuning. This is the same company you all readily admit cannot even deploy a patch properly. Nobody gives a shit that they have super secret metrics. The results of their balancing is awful. Either the metrics suck, their foresight sucks, or they just have no idea what they're doing.

I may have the computer readouts for my car, but you don't want me tinkering with the engine valves.

Balance does matter in PVE games. WTF am I reading? Dec gonna Dec.

Balance matters if you have a coop game and some characters get rejected for endgame content because they're ass.

Which everyone who has played this game since release knows happens. It's in a much better place than when players got kicked for their character choice. Still, a large portion of the player base (including some in this thread) gravitate towards stronger characters based solely on performance and not necessarily taste.

You can always log in and identify the flavor of the month character.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Which everyone who has played this game since release knows happens. It's in a much better place than when players got kicked for their character choice. Still, a large portion of the player base (including some in this thread) gravitate towards stronger characters based solely on performance and not necessarily taste.

You can always log in and identify the flavor of the month character.

Because blizzard balance is a pioneer right especially diablo 3 ?
Doing trillions of dmh means fuck all in that game. Every new patch seems like its just lets make these bat shit crazy numbers higher.

Me n dec are both not saying the balance here is super spot on.we are saying since release especially these last few hero release they clearly are treading more careful regarding balance n numbers.

Read my post above as to how n why.

Does this game still have PvP?

I think some people play it? I tried it once during the beta and again after hitting max level on Black Panther, way back at release.

I'm one of the worst PVP players in any game I play. I refuse to touch MOBAs because they're a disease an I would have everyone raging at me. All this to establish my credentials as terrible in PVP.

Marvel Heroes PVP was hilarious. I went 50-0 in my first game as Black Panther. I might still have screenshot in my game folder. I steamrolled everyone because Black Panther was OP as hell. One uppercut and my opponent would bleed to death while I stealthed away.

It might be better now...doubtful.

Because blizzard balance is a pioneer right especially diablo 3 ?
Doing trillions of dmh means fuck all in that game. Every new patch seems like its just lets make these bat shit crazy numbers higher.

Me n dec are both not saying the balance here is super spot on.we are saying since release especially these last few hero release they clearly are treading more careful regarding balance n numbers.

Read my post above as to how n why.

I don't play D3, and haven't since the expansion came out. No idea how the balance is there. The only positives I remember from it over MH are the feel of combat and endless dungeons. I'm not picky about the combat (D2 is my favorite game ever), but this game really needs the Danger Room stuff to be awesome and have strong rewards.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I don't play D3, and haven't since the expansion came out. No idea how the balance is there. The only positives I remember from it over MH are the feel of combat and endless dungeons. I'm not picky about the combat (D2 is my favorite game ever), but this game really needs the Danger Room stuff to be awesome and have strong rewards.

With so many heroes all different power sets people want x things from comics. This is one metric most rpg games cannot balance right melee to ranged. In a game like diablo marvel n others with massive aoe needed its very hard to make melee n range compare well.

When some like wolverine is strictly mostly single target how do you balance that against lijes of scarlet witch with chaos warp who attacks whole screen? It has to be done with numbers so that single target can keep up kinder. But then it needs to be balanced on that single target when fighting bosses so u tune that. U then need to make sure that aoe hero is viable at killing that single target boss.

Heance the struggle that most rpg games have. N why this game suffers more due to so many heroes (although yea the dev in this case is very inept too)

Sweet, a MH thread!

Already completed the game with Nightcrawler and Quicksilver. Currently playing as Kitty with Firestar and a bamf. But, can anyone explain to me how to use the Omega Points System? Didn't used it in my first run :/

inky

Sweet, a MH thread!

Already completed the game with Nightcrawler and Quicksilver. Currently playing as Kitty with Firestar and a bamf. But, can anyone explain to me how to use the Omega Points System? Didn't used it in my first run :/

It's another upgrade system to fine tune your character. Omega points are tied to experience points, so every time you fill the bar you get an orb (sometimes you get orbs from other sources) and you keep getting them naturally just by playing the game.

You can get up to 7500 of them (which takes a very long time to reach) and use them freely to pick and upgrade any nodes you want. Just start using them as soon as you have some. There are many trees and nodes to pick and their costs are very different from one to another, so it is recommended to do some research (or at least check them all out) to see what's best for you. It is recommended to start with SPIN Tech because it does damage to bosses which everyone needs and it is relatively cheap to get.

You accumulate them with every hero, so it doesn't matter who you are playing, and the entire pool is available to spend with each one, so don't worry about having to share or anything like that.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hi all!

Magik is coming along nicely and is approved.

But unfortunately, the build we have with all of her icons and bio did not work out.

So I ask, do you guys want us to put the slightly less polished iteration into TC today or would you prefer to wait for the icons and further bug fixing (which would be tomorrow)?

Let me know... the power is yours.

dem bugs

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this is new

; XBOX Controller Bindings
;Left Joystick
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftX",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2")

;Right Joystick
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",Command="Axis aTurn Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightY",Command="Axis aLookup Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2")

; Back & Start
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Start",Command="MarvelGFxHandleEscapePress")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Back",Command="MarvelGFxCloseAllPanels")

; Triggers (Controller Modifiers) Left is Control, Right is Shift
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftTrigger", Command="ControllerModifierLeftPressed | OnRelease ControllerModifierLeftReleased")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightTrigger", Command="ControllerModifierRightPressed | OnRelease ControllerModifierRightReleased")

; X, Y, A, B Buttons
; A is mapped to slot 0 when LeftTrigger (ControllerModifierLeftPressed) is down, 5 when the RightTrigger (ControllerModifierRightPressed) is down.
; When modifiers are not being used we use this as a controller button press
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A", Control=True, Command="PowerButtonPressed 0 | OnRelease PowerButtonReleased 0")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A", Shift=True, Command="PowerButtonPressed 5 | OnRelease PowerButtonReleased 5")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A", bIgnoreCtrl=True, bIgnoreShift=True, Command="PrimaryControllerButtonPressed | OnRelease PrimaryControllerButtonReleased")

; X is mapped to slot 2 when LeftTrigger (ControllerModifierLeftPressed) is down, 6 when the RightTrigger (ControllerModifierRightPressed) is down.
; When modifiers are not being used we use this as a default attack
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_X", Control=True, Command="PowerButtonPressed 2 | OnRelease PowerButtonReleased 2")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_X", Shift=True, Command="PowerButtonPressed 6 | OnRelease PowerButtonReleased 6")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_X", bIgnoreCtrl=True,bIgnoreShift=True, Command="PowerButtonPressed 0 | OnRelease PowerButtonReleased 0")

; Y is mapped to slot 3 when LeftTrigger (ControllerModifierLeftPressed) is down, 7 when the RightTrigger (ControllerModifierRightPressed) is down.
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Y", Control=True, Command="PowerButtonPressed 3 | OnRelease PowerButtonReleased 3")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Y", Shift=True, Command="PowerButtonPressed 7 | OnRelease PowerButtonReleased 7")

; B is mapped to slot 4 when LeftTrigger (ControllerModifierLeftPressed) is down, 1 when the RightTrigger (ControllerModifierRightPressed) is down.
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_B", Control=True, Command="PowerButtonPressed 4 | OnRelease PowerButtonReleased 4")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_B", Shift=True, Command="PowerButtonPressed 1 | OnRelease PowerButtonReleased 1")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_B", bIgnoreCtrl=True,bIgnoreShift=True, Command="SecondaryControllerButtonPressed | OnRelease SecondaryControllerButtonReleased")

; Shoulders Medkit/TeamUp
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightShoulder", Command="TargetLockOnPressed")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftShoulder", Command="DedicatedTeamUpSlotPressed | OnRelease DedicatedTeamUpSlotReleased")

; Thumbstick Buttons
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftThumbstick", Command="DedicatedUltimateSlotPressed | DedicatedUltimateSlotPressed")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightThumbstick", Command="PrimaryControllerButtonPressed | OnRelease PrimaryControllerButtonReleased")

; DPad Left (MiniMap, MissionLog, Social )
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Left", bIgnoreCtrl=True,bIgnoreShift=True, Command="ToggleMiniMapMode")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Left", Control=True, Command="MarvelGFxGameUITogglePanel MissionLogPanel")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Left", Shift=True, Command="MarvelGFxGameUITogglePanel SocialPanel")

; DPad Right (Roster, Store, CommunityNewsPanel)
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Right", bIgnoreCtrl=True,bIgnoreShift=True, Command="MarvelGFxGameUITogglePanel RosterPanel")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Right", Control=True, Command="MarvelGFxGameUITogglePanel StorePanel")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Right", Shift=True, Command="MarvelGFxGameUITogglePanel StorePanel")

; DPad Up
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Up", bIgnoreCtrl=True,bIgnoreShift=True, Command="MarvelGFxGameUITogglePanel PowerLibraryPanel")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Up", Control=True, Command="ToggleMetaGameDisplay")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Up", Shift=True, Command="CycleObjectiveTrackerUIForwards")

; DPad Down (Inventory, CharacterSheet, Achievements)
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Down", bIgnoreCtrl=True,bIgnoreShift=True, Command="ToggleInventory")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Down", Control=True, Command="MarvelGFxGameUITogglePanel CharacterSheetPanel")
.ControllerBindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Down", Shift=True, Command="MarvelGFxGameUITogglePanel AchievementsPanel")

[MarvelGame.GamepadSettings]
GamepadCursorSpeed=3
GamepadCursorDeadzone = 0.2;

Thanos_Raid_Gauntlet_TmA_Rm1_A

Thanos_Ship_Supergiant_Arena_A

Thanos_Ship_CorvusProxima_A

Redlight_GazLab_A

RedLight_Entry_A

Drayco21

Supergiant? Corvus and Proxima? I guess the Black Order are going to be bosses in the raid before we fight Thanos? Neat.

Marvel-Infinity-TheBlackOrder-Thanos-Poster.png

The Black Order or whatever they're called are the most boring group of throw away characters since Hulk's warband except they also have the distinction of having really stupid Hickman names.

I like that he specifically went out of his way to use the name "Black Dwarf" for the biggest, ugliest motherfucker in the group.
It's been done, Hickman. We've had plenty of buff bodybuilders called Tiny.

At the very least they look kinda decent, visually. Wonder if Thane will pop up in that raid.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
TC is up with Magik and defense stat changes.

Dec

Here are her costumes in-game

Y98Y7br.jpg

Unfortunately I have no Gs on the test center for some reason and can't level her to 60 without doing it manually :(

Good, her TU look isn't making my eyes bleed anymore. Really wish I could hop on to test the defense changes, but that'll have to wait till tomorrow.

I really don't like the new "realistic" art direction. It's too uncanny valley for me. Also wearing half a suit of armor in quarters is one of the dumbest things ever.

Anoregon

I might have to go back to using Magik teamup on a few heroes just because her new model is so nice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sl...black costume looks much better than I thought it would, I actually didnt think it would translate well in game.

Top Bottom