• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just realized I now have more lvl 60s with a legendary than without (16 vs 15, and Rogue has one too so it's 17 soon) which makes me happy. There's a few more characters I want to get one (well ideally I want one on every hero eventually) and I'm thinking if Power Cosmic is good/bis for Rogue, it's probably also good for my other hybrids like Gambit, Black Panther or Ghost Rider, so I know that I'll be farming that Power Cosmic every time the event comes around, which also frees up marks for "normal" legendaries for upcoming heroes (I already know I'll want to one for Nova and the 3 villains just because I like the characters and I know I'll play them)

One day, blessings. Baby steps :p

FeD.nL

Finally have some free time to spend this weekend. Probably going to optimise my Rogue build. Still need a shitton of drops (mask of Xorn i'm looking at you).

So I have my new computer, but now the game just plain refuses to launch. I used the Steam. Any suggestions? I just got the latest 750TI drivers too :mad:

Edit: Found a random thread which suggested running the DXESETUP.exe file in the marvelheroes/directx folder.

For some reason, the game now runs. *grumble grumble*

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rogue makes 32 60s.

Unfortunately Hyde's spell is fucking shit, what a disapointment. Kinda at a loss to what to get now, to match my build. I guess I could default to Rogue's boss killer, but I wont be using it much between all the cooldowns. I actually thought about Strange's Fangs of Faralah since i have a lot of CDs but thats more of a range thing.

I might try Reaping Scythes from Grim Reaper, at least it has a healing component to it. Has to be a core because im full of the rest. Or I could be completely unoriginal and get Malekith's beam :/

And I still need to get the damn teleport, people keep killing the ninja before I can get it :(

And I still need to get the damn teleport, people keep killing the ninja before I can get it :(

You could try the mind-numbing method of solo-queuing for X-Defense until he pops up on the first wave. Just leave every time he doesn't show up and re-queue. At first it looked like a good idea on the official forums, but then people were saying it took them 20-30 attempts. :\

He dies so fast otherwise, though. Maybe get a group of five Rogues to just go in and focus on stealing his power.

Carm

You could try the mind-numbing method of solo-queuing for X-Defense until he pops up on the first wave. Just leave every time he doesn't show up and re-queue. At first it looked like a good idea on the official forums, but then people were saying it took them 20-30 attempts. :\

He dies so fast otherwise, though. Maybe get a group of five Rogues to just go in and focus on stealing his power.

Yea, that's what I did on X-defense solo over and over again. I wanted to get the teleport, Cyclops ricochet on stealing and Colossus armor on stealing. Of course I did it the stupid way. Got teleport, then ricochet, left X-defense, then deciding to get Colossus armor and having to go through it all again.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can't believe I never gave this game a try before this week. Love loot games, huge nostalgia for X-Men and other Marvel properties, never even gave this a glance last year. I've been playing a bunch this week and am enjoying the hell out of it. My only problem is that the story was bugged and I got stuck, jumping into the terminal missions for about an hour or two and getting powerleveled out of the story range I was in. I played through two chapters last night and didn't get experience for any of it. Just flying over everything and occasionally stopping to zap a crowd for laughs and 1XP orbs.

But on the plus side, I did get to see the great cut scenes where Professor X explained that people hate mutants but he's a good mutant and Magneto and his friends are bad mutants boo. My favorite part of the game so far might be the disconnect between how deep they cut for characters and costumes versus how base level Marvel 101 the story is.

inky

I can't believe I never gave this game a try before this week. Love loot games, huge nostalgia for X-Men and other Marvel properties, never even gave this a glance last year. I've been playing a bunch this week and am enjoying the hell out of it. My only problem is that the story was bugged and I got stuck, jumping into the terminal missions for about an hour or two and getting powerleveled out of the story range I was in. I played through two chapters last night and didn't get experience for any of it. Just flying over everything and occasionally stopping to zap a crowd for laughs and 1XP orbs.

Hmm, I've never experienced a story bug before myself. At least you could get out of it. Making a beeline towards your mission objectives (while clearing side areas here and there) works best. The game always has some sort of XP boost going on behind the scenes and story progression balance has been out of tune due to this.

But on the plus side, I did get to see the great cut scenes where Professor X explained that people hate mutants but he's a good mutant and Magneto and his friends are bad mutants boo. My favorite part of the game so far might be the disconnect between how deep they cut for characters and costumes versus how base level Marvel 101 the story is.

Did you watch the opening cinematic too? I think that one is awesome. I enjoy story mode in this game a lot (although there are some dumb things). Like you said, it's very Marvel 101, which in my eyes gives it an old-school feel.

Anyway! Welcome, it's great to have new people around =)

Rhaknar

all points/health/spi got

The change to account wide teleports makes it so much better. its still not perfect (just make it so if you do SH you get everything from heroic and normal ffs) but yeah, much better since you dont have to swtich to a character that had the teleport point.

In fact, you can even skip whole parts now. You can skip the prologue, you can skip modok AND doom in ch8 (just do mandarin for the spirit), etc. you literally can just go directly to every place that has a point/spi/health now, its awesome

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hmm, I've never experienced a story bug before myself. At least you could get out of it. Making a beeline towards your mission objectives (while clearing side areas here and there) works best. The game always has some sort of XP boost going on behind the scenes and story progression balance has been out of tune due to this.

Did you watch the opening cinematic too? I think that one is awesome. I enjoy story mode in this game a lot (although there are some dumb things). Like you said, it's very Marvel 101, which in my eyes gives it an old-school feel.

Anyway! Welcome, it's great to have new people around =)

The bug was pretty widespread, there were tons of posts on their forums getting removed because they were duplicates and a staff member had a thread going in the quest bug forum all week long. The side treasure room doors weren't generating at all (didn't realize I was missing anything there) and there was a quest destination door that wasn't appearing in the Lower East Side map. They fixed it yesterday, but now I'm level 29 in areas recommended for level 16-19. Hopefully it catches up to me soon, the Magneto fight was literally just me standing in one spot and holding my strongest attack for 15 seconds or so.

KePoW

Banned
So I have my new computer, but now the game just plain refuses to launch. I used the Steam. Any suggestions? I just got the latest 750TI drivers too :mad:

First thing to do in Steam is to "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache"

If that doesn't work, then completely uninstall and reinstall through Steam

KePoW

Banned

Glad you're enjoying the game, are you in the GAF guild?

But like inky said, I don't believe there are any gamebreaking Story bugs. It might be just a case of misunderstanding how the system works?

<edit> nevermind, just saw your explanation above -- sounds like it was something that only happened the past week or two

inky

The bug was pretty widespread, there were tons of posts on their forums getting removed because they were duplicates and a staff member had a thread going in the quest bug forum all week long. The side treasure room doors weren't generating at all (didn't realize I was missing anything there) and there was a quest destination door that wasn't appearing in the Lower East Side map. They fixed it yesterday, but now I'm level 29 in areas recommended for level 16-19. Hopefully it catches up to me soon, the Magneto fight was literally just me standing in one spot and holding my strongest attack for 15 seconds or so.

I see. Yea, these last few patches have been disastrous in terms of bugs introduced.

At this point the only thing left to do is just rush the story to the end =/ Heck, you've already unlocked the next difficulty setting, and level 30ish should be enough to defeat the last chapter. It sucks you have to experience it like that.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Glad you're enjoying the game, are you in the GAF guild?

But like inky said, I don't believe there are any gamebreaking Story bugs. It might be just a case of misunderstanding how the system works?

Not in the GAF guild, but the bug was there. The MGH Factory door portal wasn't generating. It was definitely not just me, local chat was full of people saying they were running around covering the entire map and couldn't find the door. It also affected a few things later in the game but I don't recall what the dev post mentioned specifically.

edit: Yeah, it was just the last week. I think it might have even started appearing the day I started playing the game, because all of the posts were from last weekend. Good timing on my part. I got a few of the Odin chest quests done and got decent gear out of it, and learned that apparently those quests level the hell out of your character which is nice to know. I'll just keep flying through areas as Omega Storm until the enemies catch up to me I guess.

The exp boost thing makes sense too, because I'm still only in 16-19 recommended areas but I leveled to 20 in the bugged quest before I realized it was bugged. Even if I hadn't played the terminals I still would have been a bit higher than the suggestions. Was the leveling in general a lot slower when the game came out? It's weird that there are multiple chapters in the same level range, are you really expected to level only once or twice per chapter? I was leveling once or twice per terminal mission when I played those.

So I might have made a mistake last night. I ran a mini-buff party for a group of folks who were in the process of leveling, but in hindsight I believe I could have activated them in a raid setting and doubled the sharing. The buffs say they apply to a party, but this game handles raids and parties as basically the same thing (considering that raid chat IS party chat).

So...my bad. I'll stockpile up more for a future party sometime down the road.

KePoW

Banned
So I might have made a mistake last night. I ran a mini-buff party for a group of folks who were in the process of leveling, but in hindsight I believe I could have activated them in a raid setting and doubled the sharing. The buffs say they apply to a party, but this game handles raids and parties as basically the same thing (considering that raid chat IS party chat).

the buffz are all mine!!1

Hereafter

Thanks again. You did get all the important and good peeps... and Kepow

Moondrop

Banned
Unfortunately Hyde's spell is fucking shit, what a disapointment. Kinda at a loss to what to get now, to match my build. I guess I could default to Rogue's boss killer, but I wont be using it much between all the cooldowns. I actually thought about Strange's Fangs of Faralah since i have a lot of CDs but thats more of a range thing.

I might try Reaping Scythes from Grim Reaper, at least it has a healing component to it. Has to be a core because im full of the rest. Or I could be completely unoriginal and get Malekith's beam :/
I expect the DPS of Hyde's skill to be buffed. There's no way it should be so much less than Blob's and Elektra's.

So without it, I'm in the same spot: one core power left to fill, which could be in either tree. I want to like Reaping Scythes, but casting it 3 times to stack the heal takes away from your primary rotation. I'm thinking I should give Mag's another try, or even Psylocke or Widow.

Ploid 3.0

Endgame Marvel Heroes looks bright.

Rxc5ncA.jpg

Declarius will have time to focus on the finer things in Marvel Heroes like raising pets.

I have lots of unique gear with challenge bonuses, but unfortunately the main stat rolls are garbage. It's not worth it to trade off a bad piece with a challenge skill point for a top piece of gear. Most of mine become relic fodder.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So I beat Doom tonight, finally leveled up after finishing 4 chapters without even a quarter level gained. I used the "Special Mission Reward" and it didn't seem to do anything. Everything I find online says it should unlock a new character but it's all also from last year. Did that change?

So I beat Doom tonight, finally leveled up after finishing 4 chapters without even a quarter level gained. I used the "Special Mission Reward" and it didn't seem to do anything. Everything I find online says it should unlock a new character but it's all also from last year. Did that change?

I believe you are supposed to earn enough Eternal Splinters to purchase a new character from an NPC in all the major hubs.

inky

That was before you could buy heroes with Eternity Splinters. It should give you a certain amount of ES instead, so check your currency tab.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I believe you are supposed to earn enough Eternal Splinters to purchase a new character from an NPC in all the major hubs.

That was before you could buy heroes with Eternity Splinters. It should give you a certain amount of ES instead, so check your currency tab.

Thanks. Had to add eternity splinters to my search to find anything about that. Sure, random box. This seems reasonable. F2P games aren't enough like gambling, that's what I always say.

If you check the Currency tab in the Inventory, you should have 200+ splinters by now?

Yeah, it just didn't give a message about what the box did and I didn't think to check the currency tab so I tried Google and just got out of date info about the free character token.

KePoW

Banned
Thanks. Had to add eternity splinters to my search to find anything about that. Sure, random box. This seems reasonable. F2P games aren't enough like gambling, that's what I always say.

If you check the Currency tab in the Inventory, you should have 200+ splinters by now?

The best part is the gamble. Always go for the random hero token for 175 ES. Cross your fingers you don't get duplicates. That's the real game if you ask me. The rest of Marvel Heroes is just a lead up to that moment.

KePoW

Banned
The best part is the gamble. Always go for the random hero token for 175 ES. Cross your fingers you don't get duplicates. That's the real game if you ask me. The rest of Marvel Heroes is just a lead up to that moment.

Absolutely correct, Wobbleydazzer

Latest TTK tests posted in Subpoena's thread.

Rogue (Malekith Beam; nerf already announced) - 32 avg
Dr. Strange - 33 avg
Wolverine - 35 avg
Moon Knight - 35 avg
Iron Man (melee) - 37 avg
Black Panther - 38 avg
Rogue (melee) - 38 avg
Mr. Fantastic - 39 avg
Gambit (hybrid/melee) - 39 avg
Squirrel Girl - 42 avg
Human Torch (melee) - 43 avg
Ms. Marvel - 44 avg
Silver Surfer - 45 avg
Star-Lord - 45 avg
Gambit (ranged) - 46 avg
Jean Grey (Phoenix) - 48 avg
Spider-Man - 50 avg
Emma Frost (mental) - 50 avg
Rocket Raccoon (summoner) - 51 avg
Luke Cage - 52 avg
Black Widow (bomb build) - 53 avg
Cable - 54 avg
Emma Frost (physical) - 55 avg
Scarlet Witch - 55 avg
Storm - 57 avg
Thing - 57 avg
Taskmaster - 57 Avg
Hawkeye - 58 avg
Psylocke (hybrid/melee) - 58 avg
Nightcrawler - 60 avg
Deadpool (melee) - 60 avg
Rocket Raccoon (gunner) - 63 avg
Colossus - 63 avg
Ghost Rider (mental) - 70 avg
Black Widow (ranged/melee) - 75 avg
Captain America - 85 avg
Punisher - 94 avg

Biggest movers and shakers:

1) Rogue, to the top out of nowhere. Even with the beam nerf incoming, she's still near the very top as a melee build.

2) Black Panther. Yeah, better tester obliterated the test, but that was to be expected. BP is in such a great place right now.

3) Gambit. I'll tell you, I've been leveling him the past few days and he is a lot of fun. I'm playing pure ranged, but this will make me at least look into the hybrid/melee setup.

4) Silver Surfer. So post-nerf, he's still near the top of the list. That tells you how overpowered EMF made him.

5) Jean Grey (Phoenix). From the bottom of the barrel to a very respectable mid-tier position. Even more impressive in that almost 100% of that damage is AOE.

This list doesn't include the latest Black Widow buffs, so she may slide up the list some. Also, for the record, I must be drawn to the lowest damage characters in game. My first characters to 60 were Punisher, Jean Grey, Captain America, and Colossus, in that order. Now, I'm spending a bunch of time on Psylocke, so really looking forward to her mini-review.

One point that Subpoena makes is that this list will change significantly when the new test dummy comes out, since it will have five times the hit points. Characters like Dr. Strange rely heavily on his Eye signature to keep his damage that high, and the cooldown will certainly drop him on the list. Subpoena's theory is that Wolverine is actually the highest DPS character in a raid setting right now, and that will likely prove true in the coming weeks.

Shame Captain America is so low on this list, because I think he's definitely a really good character for beginners.

I'm not surprised by a lot of this spread, though.

Shame Captain America is so low on this list, because I think he's definitely a really good character for beginners.

Yep, he was the third character I took to 60 and I loved him. He has a lot of fun mechanics, but really needs some numbers tuned on his abilities.

Where's Sue Storm? I don't see her?

Let's just say the tester was at 100 seconds and gave up. The player was upset and refused to do the additional two tests that Subpoena requires to average them. Maybe you could run the test for him and prove her worth?
LOLNO.

KePoW

Banned
Let's just say the tester was at 100 seconds and gave up. The player was upset and refused to do the additional two tests that Subpoena requires to average them. Maybe you could run the test for him and prove her worth?
LOLNO.

Some characters don't have testers, so those are missing there (Sue, Ghost Rider, Loki, etc.).

Then I shall take up her cause!

Sue is fun to play, mechanics-wise.

Rhaknar

Really enjoying Thor, dont think he even needs a review that bad, especially not compared to others like Cable, Punisher or Thing, weird that he's next after Cyclops.

KePoW

Banned
Really enjoying Thor, dont think he even needs a review that bad, especially not compared to others like Cable, Punisher or Thing, weird that he's next after Cyclops.

agreed, I played Thor a few days about three weeks ago, and I felt his mechanics are perfectly fun enough

just needs numbers tune-up, but I don't think they need to completely re-design his whole mechanics

Rhaknar

agreed, I played Thor a few days about three weeks ago, and I felt his mechanics are perfectly fun enough

just needs numbers tune-up, but I don't think they need to completely re-design his whole mechanics

aparently they are >_> seems he will be built around brutal strikes, and will lose 2 of his 4 basics, thats all we know. As long as he doesnt lose the bouncing electricity basic, because thats awesome :(

Also I like serious talking kepow, more of that please :p

Top Bottom