• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait, how many hotdogs is it for a cart?

My Emma has it on right now, but there are others I think could use it instead of their slot 3.

just 20

I've seen people say its great for IM, Cyclops, Thing and Storm. Probably a few others too, I'd imagine. The flat damage increase is good and +2 to all powers is always nice.

makes sense for Cyke, he only has the punchclops glove as slot 3. but i believe I have what is considered BIS for his slot 3 atm, some...ant hero energy belt thing.

need to check what IMs and Storms slot 3 are.

DrAg0nBoY

God am I stupid. Exchanged my SpiderMan upgrade token for an unique ... I have no idea why I thought I need a crafter to upgrade my ultimate with that.

And now I have a level 52 unique ...

Brooklyn Patrol looks like it will be pretty cool.

53038bcce4b0fbb1b8382888

Like Midtown, it's available at all levels

The zone will feature several new encounter types, never seen in Midtown or other zones

Industry City has a LOT of crime and supervillain activity, which is why we need your help.

Many of the Supervillains are familiar, but there are a couple of new ones, complete with new Medallions and items

Batroc the Leaper, the Superior Spider-Clone and The Amalgamated One look forward to meeting you in Industry City

The zone will begin public testing in October and launch soon after Nova. It's currently in final Alpha testing.

The Industry City uses some new spawning technology that was created for spawning many enemies and encounters at once with minimal server load. Eventually, Midtown Patrol will be ported to use that technology.

So I got Gambit to level 60 and really dig him. I tried out both melee and ranged builds before settling on a fun hybrid setup. I should no longer be surprised when an awful comic character translates into an amazing Marvel Heroes character, since they have a knack for that. I might consider gearing him up for a raid alternate in the future, but I don't currently have enough Odin marks to go around among my stable.

Right now, my gearing focus remains:
1) Phoenix - I'm absolutely in love with the way she plays
2) Psylocke - come on, quality of life updates!
3) Star-Lord - my old mainstay, who I have selfishy ignored
4) Wolverine - insane damage, not always the most engaging playstyle
5) Raccoon - refreshingly different from everyone else I play

I'll never have time to raid on all those folks, but I do enjoy the flexibility to mix it up and jump in to random super group runs or PUGs when the opportunity arises. Speaking on which: Wednesday night, here we come.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You guys weren't kidding about gambling being the draw here. Got Emma Frost from my random character, probably never would have gotten her on purpose, but had a decent amount of fun playing her this weekend. And I got a unique that gives me a Cyclops stalker who refuses to leave a five foot radius around me. So that's just great.

Then I went and got a fortune card from shards, and the first one I opened gave me an Iron Man costume. Now, the part where I unlock Iron Man...

DrAg0nBoY

waaaat... why did you do that friend?!

I was at the crafter, saw token exchange and my stupid brain thought: "Well I need to do that, to get my point for my ultimate, right, right?!"

Feel so stupid about that now, but I can't change it now. Probably wouldn't play Spider-Man anyways, so I am not that mad (yeah I need to keep telling me that :().

You guys weren't kidding about gambling being the draw here. Got Emma Frost from my random character, probably never would have gotten her on purpose, but had a decent amount of fun playing her this weekend. And I got a unique that gives me a Cyclops stalker who refuses to leave a five foot radius around me. So that's just great.

Then I went and got a fortune card from shards, and the first one I opened gave me an Iron Man costume. Now, the part where I unlock Iron Man...

May want to look into holding onto your Cube Shards initially so you can grab the three recipes from that vendor. They're 200, 200, and 100 shards I believe. Couldn't tell you off the top of my head what the three recipes are for but they seem they'll be good for end-game sort of stuff. I think one is to create Unstable Molecules?

I'm really looking forward to getting all three recipes out of the way so I can start going after the fortune card stuff with the shards.

DrAg0nBoY

Is the box for 300 Conch Shells worth it? I would farm them (got only 165 or something like that) but because of problems at home I just don't feel like playing the game :/.

Is the box for 300 Conch Shells worth it? I would farm them (got only 165 or something like that) but because of problems at home I just don't feel like playing the game :/.

I got the Mental Headband. It totally comes down to how lucky you get. I certainly wouldn't let chasing it down interfere with real life problems.

Vecks

Depends on what you get out of it. Some of the artifacts you can get from them are pretty good for certain characters/builds and some of them are near impossible to get by farming. And even if you don't plan on using the artifact, you might get something worth trading for a few blessings.

If you're just planning on playing the game pretty casually, then it's probably not that worth it. It's mostly just for people hunting for good artifacts to maximize their heroes.

DrAg0nBoY

Well I would like to gear up my Star-Lord and for that I also need Hand of Nimrod and Gem of the Kursed (which I believe are things you could get out of the box).

Now my other question then. How hard is it to farm those 2 artefacts?

Well I would like to gear up my Star-Lord and for that I also need Hand of Nimrod and Gem of the Kursed (which I believe are things you could get out of the box).

I've never seen Gem of the Kursed, but admittedly I don't run him all the time. I've gotten two Hand of Nimrods, both from Odin boxes. I sold one very high roll for multiple blessings, and might be willing to part with the second as well. I'm not currently using it. If you're interested, let me know. I'll give you a much better deal than whatever the going rate is in-game.

DrAg0nBoY

I've never seen Gem of the Kursed, but admittedly I don't run him all the time. I've gotten two Hand of Nimrods, both from Odin boxes. I sold one very high roll for multiple blessings, and might be willing to part with the second as well. I'm not currently using it. If you're interested, let me know. I'll give you a much better deal than whatever the going rate is in-game.

Just out of curiosity, what is the goin rate in-game? I do only have 300k gold, lol (don't even know how and with what you trade in this game).

Just out of curiosity, what is the goin rate in-game? I do only have 300k gold, lol (don't even know how and with what you trade in this game).

No idea, I'd have to check when I get home. I'm guessing a blessing or two, since my Hand of Nimrod is a pretty good roll.

You can't trade credits, so the way people trade is to add a blessing (100 Odin marks) to a crappy artifact they don't want and trade it. For less valuable stuff, they trade runes like Loki (generally valued at half a blessing, or 50 Odin marks).

I'll check later and see if you are interested. Like I said, I'll give you ~half off whatever the actual in-game cost is. For most stuff, I just give it away, but this is an item I actually use on an alt. I'm not playing him much, but I could certainly use the Odin marks or Loki rune.

Vecks

Hand of Nimrod isn't too bad. I've found 3 in midtown, without even looking for it.
Gem of the Kursed, on the other hand, is pretty hard to farm. You can farm his terminal for weeks and never find one. I always kill cosmic kurse a few times every day, and I've only found one from terminal after several months of on/off farming. The other one I found was just a lucky drop in midtown.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
May want to look into holding onto your Cube Shards initially so you can grab the three recipes from that vendor. They're 200, 200, and 100 shards I believe. Couldn't tell you off the top of my head what the three recipes are for but they seem they'll be good for end-game sort of stuff. I think one is to create Unstable Molecules?

I'm really looking forward to getting all three recipes out of the way so I can start going after the fortune card stuff with the shards.

I figured it wasn't the most efficient way to spend them, but on the other hand now I have a pretty ugly looking Iron Man costume that I can use if I ever get Iron Man. Your plan comes with no super hats.

Vecks

I figured it wasn't the most efficient way to spend them, but on the other hand now I have a pretty ugly looking Iron Man costume that I can use if I ever get Iron Man. Your plan comes with no super hats.

There's a recipe when you max out your crafter to use 3 random costumes (and unstable molecules) to roll for a random one from the store. So there's also that option if you don't want to use an ugly looking Iron Man costume.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really need to get hulkbuster one of these days, probably the next costume sale. Marvel Now disapointed me by being all black on the back (which is the pasrt you see most of the time)

inky

I really need to get hulkbuster one of these days, probably the next costume sale. Marvel Now disapointed me by being all black on the back (which is the pasrt you see most of the time)

When Hulkbuster was released I was like: "this looks like crap, ughh". Then I got it. Now I love it and it's on my top 5 favs.

Rhaknar

ROCK!!!11

so happy!

I am also, unironically, enjoying him, but thats not surprising since he is Hulk-lite and I love Hulk.

He still needs a review bad tho :/

KePoW

Banned

Hand of Nimrod is not bad, you can just randomly get it. I've gotten 4 of them without even specifically trying.

Gem of Kursed is a pain in the butt. I've played 1600+ hours and never found one. However, I never specifically farm because I detest doing it. So at most I kill Kurse maybe three or four times per day, and sometimes not at all.

When Hulkbuster was released I was like: "this looks like crap, ughh". Then I got it. Now I love it and it's on my top 5 favs.

Hulkbuster is definitely top 5 when you stack the maximum amount of Size Increases. F'in awesome!

KePoW

Banned
I am also, unironically, enjoying him, but thats not surprising since he is Hulk-lite and I love Hulk.

I also like Hulk in his current state (excluding numbers). I don't know why people think he's not fun

KePoW

Banned

oh also, I find the amount of fun I have playing with my Thing is increased a lot by stacking Size Increases. makes it look a lot cooler!

Well, it just delays the hats. I'll be getting card-after-card to gamble for the costumes once I got the recipes out of the way.

Yay! Join the club. I find him really fun too.

My rotation usually is Clobbering Time buff, Jump in, Ground Pound on mobs. For bosses I do that then Headbutt for DoT, Haymaker, alt between Backhand+Spirit-regen Basic. I recast Jump and Haymaker when their cooldown is up and refresh Pound's Vuln / Headbutt's bleed as needed.

It helps too that his Ult is fantastic and I have it at lvl 4. Depending on how his review ends up, I may use my 3 Ultimate Tokens to buff that up even more and someday max it out.

Spoit

Depends on what you get out of it. Some of the artifacts you can get from them are pretty good for certain characters/builds and some of them are near impossible to get by farming. And even if you don't plan on using the artifact, you might get something worth trading for a few blessings.

If you're just planning on playing the game pretty casually, then it's probably not that worth it. It's mostly just for people hunting for good artifacts to maximize their heroes.

The first time the crimson boxes came around 2/3 of my rolls were taskmaster guides :(

The first time the crimson boxes came around 2/3 of my rolls were taskmaster guides :(
I got a black tom and taskmaster from the event after the first shells one. I haven't gotten enough for another box yet and am debating between a box or multiple Brutal Shades. Not sure how good a well rolled Shades is.

I haven't touched Jean since her review. Any tips on power point distribution?

I promised a guide and have failed so far. I'll get on it. There is a basic outline that most people agree on, then some questions regarding the last 40 points. It took me 11 retcons, but I've found my build.

Did you just shit all over Gambit and nobody noticed?

I'm not trying to be subtle. Gambit is tied for the worst X-Men character, and easily bottom ten in the Marvel Universe. "I trow dee cards harda den you." Garbage. I think young folks watching the 90s cartoon developed a bizarro appreciation for awful characters like Remy and Rogue. They are so far beyond awful in comics that I will never understand the appeal.

I got a black tom and taskmaster from the event after the first shells one. I haven't gotten enough for another box yet and am debating between a box or multiple Brutal Shades. Not sure how good a well rolled Shades is.

Amazing on Wolverine, apparently. I'd imagine the same for Batman.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm not trying to be subtle. Gambit is tied for the worst X-Men character, and easily bottom ten in the Marvel Universe.
C'mon, Gambit is one of my least favorite major X-men, but is Gambit really worse than...

Thunderbird (the original)?
Sunfire?
Rachel Grey?
Joseph?
Cecilia Reyes?
Maggot?
Thunderbird (from X-treme X-men)?
Lifeguard?
Slipstream?
Stacy X?

So by my count he's not even a bottom ten X-man.

C'mon, Gambit is one of my least favorite major X-men, but is Gambit really worse than...

Sunfire?
Rachel Grey?
Joseph?
Cecilia Reyes?
Maggot?
Lifeguard?
Slipstream?
Stacy X?

Leech and that guy with all the eyes are also pretty dumb.

KePoW

Banned

Sunfire?
Rachel Grey?
Joseph?
Cecilia Reyes?
Maggot?
Lifeguard?
Slipstream?
Stacy X?

I like Rachel Grey more than Gambit lol

Top Bottom