• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

hitmon

Is there away to add another hotkey to the action bar at the bottom of the screen? I would like to assign another power to another key or mouse button.

Ploid 3.0

Only right click and assigning abilities to f1-about f6 which you can assign to different buttons (f1-f6 hotkeys in key config) but pressing them only change the ability in the right click slot.

Explained in detail in case you didn't know about f1-6.

hitmon

Only right click and assigning abilities to f1-about f6 which you can assign to different buttons (f1-f6 hotkeys in key config) but pressing them only change the ability in the right click slot.

Explained in detail in case you didn't know about f1-6.

Thanks, didn't know you could do that.

Blank!

I'm almost max, I must remember to break the habit and get comfortable with weapon vendor.

I've finished crafter and armor vendor, I'm on the weapon one now (rank 8?). I still catch myself donating to the wrong people every so often. It's way more confusing going between one or the other I find.

On another note, I finally found Scarlet Witch's unique boots... while playing Wolverine. They were level 40 but I upgraded them. Sadly the +4 decimation stayed at +4, I really thought it'd roll a 5 so it didn't end up being as big an upgrade as I thought (a +5 would of made my chaotic hex rank 40, now I have to still hope for a cosmic wizard or get a +5 boots).

Ploid 3.0

I just got Deadpool ultimate costume from the card. One more costume and I can try a reroll. The other is Deadpool unmasked, also from a card.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
time to gamble on the random box again, im scared Gaf :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Good luck, I'll have my 6th random today, I was going to wait and just buy the character I wanted with it but screw it, rolling dice is fun.

FUCK YEAH RANDOM BOX GODS!

Squirrel_girl.jpg

like a boss!

Yoday

Congrats, She is a beast. I was playing around with her a bit earlier, and she can be devastating. Dropping the Acorn is about as satisfying as it gets. Also, since you seem to be into pet classes, she is the ultimate pet class hero.

Rhaknar

Holy shit I only played a bit to lvl5 before coming to work but I got some later spells from gear, I'm already in love. Mixed range / summon for sure (I didn't even know she had a ranged tree!), the giant acorn u get at lvl 1 and a later spell where the throws like a wave of squirrels at enemies both look amazing, I'm so excited. Some questions tho:

Do artifacts / medallions that increase summon duration work on the squirrels that come out passively (and the dmg buffs to minions too).

Speaking of squirrels, the passive ones seem to spawn so much, is it even worth getting skills that spawn them, like I saw one that summons 5 for example.

And lastly I got Emma to 60, but I don't see any visual indicating squirrel girl has 30% more xp, guess I just have to trust the game?

Vecks

Don't know much about squirrel girl, but if you want to know how much hero synergy xp bonus you've got, just open up your character stats tab, and scroll near the bottom where all the XP stats are located. There's a stat specifically for that xp bonus.

Rhaknar

Don't know much about squirrel girl, but if you want to know how much hero synergy xp bonus you've got, just open up your character stats tab, and scroll near the bottom where all the XP stats are located. There's a stat specifically for that xp bonus.

Thanks Vecks I'll check that tomorrow. I'm here at work thinking about the game, I got it bad atm, haven't been like this since vanilla wow I think

Ploid 3.0

Congrats, She is a beast. I was playing around with her a bit earlier, and she can be devastating. Dropping the Acorn is about as satisfying as it gets. Also, since you seem to be into pet classes, she is the ultimate pet class hero.

I am too, I had no idea. I just bought Emma Frost, and before her I bought Rocket Raccoon which I got to 60 (love his pets).

Yoday

Holy shit I only played a bit to lvl5 before coming to work but I got some later spells from gear, I'm already in love. Mixed range / summon for sure (I didn't even know she had a ranged tree!), the giant acorn u get at lvl 1 and a later spell where the throws like a wave of squirrels at enemies both look amazing, I'm so excited. Some questions tho:

Do artifacts / medallions that increase summon duration work on the squirrels that come out passively (and the dmg buffs to minions too).

Speaking of squirrels, the passive ones seem to spawn so much, is it even worth getting skills that spawn them, like I saw one that summons 5 for example.

And lastly I got Emma to 60, but I don't see any visual indicating squirrel girl has 30% more xp, guess I just have to trust the game?
It is a good skill for getting a bunch of squirrels into the mix quickly, and it also directs your Squirrels to attack a single target. After they kill that target they pretty much travel as a pack murdering everything in sight.

Rhaknar

It is a good skill for getting a bunch of squirrels into the mix quickly, and it also directs your Squirrels to attack a single target. After they kill that target they pretty much travel as a pack murdering everything in sight.

Mmmmmmmmm sounds good.

Side note, a friend of mine started some days ago, he's very into it but the first character he got from the random box was Daredevil, I was bummed for him :(

Daredevil is not as bad as people are making him out to be. He's very enjoyable, too, one of the only melee-only characters I like playing.

Ploid 3.0

Randomed Iron Man, pretty happy. Wasn't expecting to play him but it seems like it may be a solid character due to so many Iron Mans running around.

Rhaknar

Daredevil is not as bad as people are making him out to be. He's very enjoyable, too, one of the only melee-only characters I like playing.

He just seems very boring to me, even if he is good dps or something

Rhaknar

Not really, no, I only have him at around 10. I can ask one of my guild members next time I log on (and he's on), though, he knows Daredevil pretty well.

He's up for his 52 review next month I believe? Maybe they come up with some visually interesting moves at least

Rhaknar

I noticed squirrel girl has a 52 ultimate, but my friend says human torch doesn't. Do Loki, Ghost Rider and Gambit have 52 ultimates (therefore not needing a review)?

I noticed squirrel girl has a 52 ultimate, but my friend says human torch doesn't. Do Loki, Ghost Rider and Gambit have 52 ultimates (therefore not needing a review)?

Yeah, those characters were created with the new progression structure in mind already. The full list of the "level 52" characters so far being: Spider Man, Luke Cage, Squirrel Girl, Loki, Colossus, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Emma Frost, and Ms. Marvel. Everyone else is still due for one.

Rhaknar

Yeah, those characters were created with the new progression structure in mind already. The full list of the "level 52" characters so far being: Spider Man, Luke Cage, Squirrel Girl, Loki, Colossus, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Emma Frost, and Ms. Marvel. Everyone else is still due for one.

I forgot Luke cage :) thanks frost, always informative. Interesting that only Spidey, Colossus and Ms.Marvel got reviews so far (from the vanilla heroes), I guess these reviews are a recent thing

Yoday

I was messing around with Ms. Marvel a bit on the test server to see the channeled abilities changes first hand, and it feels fantastic. Ms. Marvel's Phonic Devastation feels great with the update. For those not aware they changed channeled spells to actually start and stop according to when you press/release the key. Before there was a delay, and it felt clunky.

Wallach

I was messing around with Ms. Marvel a bit on the test server to see the channeled abilities changes first hand, and it feels fantastic. Ms. Marvel's Phonic Devastation feels great with the update. For those not aware they changed channeled spells to actually start and stop according to when you press/release the key. Before there was a delay, and it felt clunky.

Yeah, this was a really great change. Some of them in particular make a big difference, like Cyclops or Rocket Raccoon (which was already decently fast on start-up and recovery but now rotates much more quickly).

Lord Phol

Upcoming Hero Reviews:

January: Captain America and Hawkeye confirmed.

February: Daredevil and Black Panther confirmed. Black Widow 90% likely.

March/April: TBD, some combination of Cyclops, Thor, Thing, Storm, Hulk, Scarlet Witch and Wolverine.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/58154/upcoming-hero-review-update/p1

This list fits me perfectly!
I've been wanting to try out Captain America for a while now and I got Hawkeye waiting at level 1. If his review is good enough I will be Kate Bishoppnig it like no tomorrow.
I've also got Black Panther at lvl 52 and awaiting his review eagerly (he was my first hero, leveling back then took forever).
Got Cyclops waiting at lvl 50, storm at level 1, wolverine at lvl 60 and I'm leveling Thor to 50 atm. So I should have plenty of heroes to go crazy with the coming months :D.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I am an idiot. Despite saying I'd never buy enough Fortune Cards to gamble on a costume, I ended up buying 2 boxes of Mark 3s yesterday because of the discount. No Costume :( But it got me enough Quartz to get the Punisher Noir costume. I felt disgusted with myself and immediately turned the game off afterwards, lol.

But hey, now I have that sick costume!

Wallach

I am an idiot. Despite saying I'd never buy enough Fortune Cards to gamble on a costume, I ended up buying 2 boxes of Mark 3s yesterday because of the discount. No Costume :( But it got me enough Quartz to get the Punisher Noir costume. I felt disgusted with myself and immediately turned the game off afterwards, lol.

But hey, now I have that sick costume!

It is still my favorite costume for him, though I'm still looking forward to the bearded Punisher costume coming sometime in the future.

At least you have a ton of buffs to powerlevel a hero or two, I'm sure.

Lord Phol

It is still my favorite costume for him, though I'm still looking forward to the bearded Punisher costume coming sometime in the future.

At least you have a ton of buffs to powerlevel a hero or two, I'm sure.

scaled.php

If you are talking about this one then yes, give us solid snake gaz!

Wouldn't mind Rachel either:
Rachel_Alves_003.jpg

Rhaknar

ah yes, I forgot mmo-style games have maintenance days...ugh. Are these usually long, I need my fix :(

Rhaknar

It's a patch today, so probably another 1.5-2 hours from now.

why do you hurt me so Wall? is it because you love Punisher so much, is that it? you like to hurt people? :/

I just want my squirrels :(

yogloo

Sdoots

Not sure what to do right now.

Here's my current roster:
Iron Man at 28
Spider-Man at 16
Daredevil at 16
Hawkeye at 8
Ghost Rider at 8

I was initially going to start levelling Ghost Rider, but then two of my friends said they would start playing and I'd rather level him with them than play as Hawkeye. Should I try to get Iron Man to 60, and if so, how do I go about doing so? Legendary quests?

And if not Iron Man, who would give the better synergies, Daredevil or Spidey? I would rather level Spidey, but the long term benefits do make some difference for me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I tried to play this yesterday for the first time in about a month...MM was a laggy mess during big team fights. Is there some settings I can change to fix this? It was unplayable.

Top Bottom