• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Yay! I got Gambit to level 50, so now I can benefit from his +5% Rare Item synergy :)
Ive still only found one unique item for him. Uniques seem much harder to find now than they used to be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats a good level to start superheroic story?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
against my better judgment I bought two bundles of mk 1 cards while they're on sale......

first one I got... The Captain!!
*phew*

second one I got.....

Thor Destroyer!!!!

oh man... I'm done testing my luck.. I already got the Cow Level recipe the last bundle I bought about 3-4 weeks ago. Only thing left from mk 1 I care about is the Wolvie costume.

I've only ever gotten Deadpool Unmasked out of a fortune card. I already had it from my Founder Pack. I've gotten an Old Lace once. Every other fortune card has been xp or rarity boosts with maybe 4 retcons mixed in there. And I've opened hundreds of them from cube shards.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I got all the Mk 1 costumes waaaay back in the day except for the Iron Man one. Haven't seen one in ages though. I actually used DP unmasked in a random costume batch because I hate it. I got Deadpool X-Force out of one of those so it's all good.

The Captain is pretty sweet. Thor Destroyer was cool at first but has lost its luster. Also not huge on DOFP Wolverine but eh. I hate how Wolverine plays in this game anyway so I rarely touch him.

I did get an Ultron Gold pet out of a random mark 2 or 3 fc that I bought once with leftover Gs. That's a rare one.

Some stuff

Kate Bishop

54J270r.png

Fantastic Four Ghost Rider

QKBJ8pd.png

Deadpool Pulp

PKWeyCt.png

Uncanny X-men Storm

kQPKlvQ.png

Symbiote Spider Ham

FOI5SmL.jpg

Lol @ the note on top.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
what is the storm? I actually REALLY like it. Possibly more than my African Goddess chase costume.

Ploid 3.0

Crap I want that storm, but also kinda want the African costume.

I've been playing Black Widow again, she seems very strong with her rolling grenades, I know she was hit the hardest with the changes but these grenades seem to keep her from being too bad. Though I'm only level 19.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
what is the storm? I actually REALLY like it. Possibly more than my African Goddess chase costume.

It looks pretty much the same as her default outfit to me? The cape is different I guess.

I hope Kate's voice is good, she's a great character.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just found out about hero synergies by pressing V isntead of B to teleport >_>

Wallach

Finished my first Prestige on Punisher tonight. He needs his low level game improved a bit since last I leveled. Was actually kind of tiresome for quite a while, but picked up around 45 and then again at 53 when Ziggurat became available again. Was quite brisk from there; Ziggurat really does a ton of work for Punisher, probably more than on any other hero in the game.

Feels good to be back at 60 with my top end gear. I will probably wait to continue my next prestige until the next XP weekend so I can boost through those lower levels faster. Hopefully with some more XP consumables. Will definitely get Punisher to red eventually though, he's still my favorite.

Rhaknar

already back up to 73 splinters after buying the random box yesterday, nice

KePoW

Banned
Finished my first Prestige on Punisher tonight. He needs his low level game improved a bit since last I leveled. Was actually kind of tiresome for quite a while, but picked up around 45 and then again at 53 when Ziggurat became available again. Was quite brisk from there; Ziggurat really does a ton of work for Punisher, probably more than on any other hero in the game.

Feels good to be back at 60 with my top end gear. I will probably wait to continue my next prestige until the next XP weekend so I can boost through those lower levels faster. Hopefully with some more XP consumables. Will definitely get Punisher to red eventually though, he's still my favorite.

What's your main damage power?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Hold on to that Spidey outfit for when you get him. His default looks bad in this game imo. I don't know why, maybe it just doesn't play at the game's angle, but I don't like it. I have his Sensational outfit which I found, god, within a month of launch maybe? And I only got Spidey about a month ago :D

Any of you ever find any costumes? Haven't found diddly since splinters were introduced.

Rhaknar

you can CRAFT costumes? what level do you need for that?

Hold on to that Spidey outfit for when you get him. His default looks bad in this game imo. I don't know why, maybe it just doesn't play at the game's angle, but I don't like it. I have his Sensational outfit which I found, god, within a month of launch maybe? And I only got Spidey about a month ago :D

Any of you ever find any costumes? Haven't found diddly since splinters were introduced.

Back in August I got two costumes in two days. I haven't seen any since. Maybe they nerfed costume drop rates now that you can prestiege 3 times and craft the defaults they give you.

Couple of attempts at crafting new costumes:

H6A7U1g.png

OM1bF66.png

Ok, I guess. Thing I own, but not Spidey... yet.

I crafted a random tonight too and got...

2014-01-12_00004.jpg

I forgot what it is called (Cable Modern Costume?) but I was really happy to get it, as I love Cable and didnt have anything but his default outfit to wear.
Its not as cool looking as his default costume but it is much less common to see, which is good. If fact, I havent seen anyone wear it.
On another note, Scarlet Witch is waaaaay OP. Her Bewildering Hex power (the confusion one) can be used on the same enemy in immediate succession, so they remain fighting for me and attacking each other. Chaos Warp (when she elevates and rotates the big bubble) is like a mini-nuke that kills everything on screen (with no cool down). Combine the two and she is a God/Godess.
Its pretty funny keeping bosses under perma-mind control. I watched Rhino charge Electro to death. lol

Rhaknar

that giant AOE thing Scarlet does is amazing, I need to continue lvling her one of these days (stopped at 32 back on release)

Im hoping Magneto will have something similar

edit: can you ever turn blues into epics over lvl 48? my crafter is 16 and i still cant do it

Rhaknar

after buying the advanced pack, im less fussed about getting a repeat on a random box. Dont get me wrong, i dont want it to happen, and ill still be bummed, but since i know ill have all those new chars anyway (Cralwer in a few weeks for example) its not the end of the world if i dont get a new one in the random anymore...

...tht being said, please dont give me repeats random box gods :(

edit: hmm got 500g for a bank slot but now im thinking, I have 250g, If i get the crafting bank slot which is 300, I will have 450g left which is enough for the cheapest heroes.

Ploid 3.0

I got a craft bank and it's full to the brim of craft items. I had to stop picking them up since I didn't seem to need the mats due to having so many. .

inky

I got a craft bank and it's full to the brim of craft items. I had to stop picking them up since I didn't seem to need the mats due to having so many. .

I don't even pick them or stash them. They drop like candy and if you need any, just farm for a bit and craft them up or down.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
How is Gambit? Heard he was pretty shit at release, but has he been changed for the better?

Only level 16, but the low-level experience has been fun. And really, since there's no challenging endgame yet, I suspect he'll be just fine throughout the game. I really don't care if my Doom T4 TTK is 30 seconds or 45 seconds or whatever. If you like hybrid characters and pretty purple explosions, go for it.

Top Bottom