• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

ElRenoRaven

I think it's still a deal if you can get one of the packs due to how inflated the store prices ate atm

I have to agree I think the packs are a good deal. Can't wait to see more Gaffers on tomorrow. Course hopefully I get to play. Internet and cable went out last night so couldn't play. And for whoever asked no there is no guild yet because War Machine and guild stuff is disabled right now. I'm sure there will be as soon as that functionality comes back online.

Dunlop

The packs go away forever at 12:00 PM PST today.

phew, dilemma solved as I will not be back from work before then :p

edit: fawk..not blocked by my work firewall for some reason

edit2: weakness prevailed, Cable purchased. Site kept timing out when Paypal was gong back to Marvel for the final confirmation, $200 bill incoming

Moondrop

Banned
Over 24 hours of early access denied. At least I'll get some extra Gs.

It will be quite amusing if our accounts are still inaccessible even after the full launch tomorrow.

I have often problems getting the game to start. The splash screen pops up when I open the program, then it goes poof and game never loads up. I sometimes have to open the game like 2-3 times to get it to actually start.

My GF has it worse though, she had it take almost 10 tries to get the game to even start up once.

The audio in the game is seriously messed up too, besides the known loading screen audio bug, the audio randomly goes out for both our computers. Sometimes music plays but audio goes out, or you can still hear everyone elses sound, but your own characters sounds go mute, and other random audio hiccups.

ElRenoRaven

I have often problems getting the game to start. The splash screen pops up when I open the program, then it goes poof and game never loads up. I sometimes have to open the game like 2-3 times to get it to actually start.

My GF has it worse though, she had it take almost 10 tries to get the game to even start up once.

The audio in the game is seriously messed up too, besides the known loading screen audio bug, the audio randomly goes out for both our computers. Sometimes music plays but audio goes out, or you can still hear everyone elses sound, but your own characters sounds go mute, and other random audio hiccups.

Wow I haven't had any of those issues except the known loading screen audio bug. What kind of computers are you two using?

inky

I've only got the audio issues. The loading screen sound is super annoying, and sometimes the audio cuts out entirely, so I just play this with some music over.

Everything else has been fine, even the latency that wouldn't go below 200ms during beta has been at 80-90 for the most part. I even got a couple of costumes twice due to their mix up so I can't really complain.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

How awesome would a 40k version of this be?

Axiom

In my session today I got my Miss. Marvel up to level 14 before the game crashed again.

It was also nice to log in and get Cyclops and Jean Grey sent to me due to the Valentine's Day promo I'd forgotten about. From what I remember of the beta, Scott was pretty fun.

OhAxi in game.

smr00

Banned
After spending $260 on the game (initially buying the Deadpool pack and then the $200 pack) the only thing that keeps bothering me is that now i have all the characters i am having a really hard time picking one and sticking with it. I narrowed it down to either Deadpool or Rocket Racoon as my main. Also have like 10.5k and nothing to buy (well less than 10.5k because i bought all 3 pets and both storage unlocks) probably going to buy 5-10 cards and spend a good chunk doing XP boost.

Are there any good places to look at builds? I know they nerfed Deadpool so my beta build probably won't be so effective and if anyone is looking for a big tank like character (Hulk, Collosus etc) for their group or any specific character like a crowed control, straight up DPS etc. let me know and ill level it up and play with you.

Tendo

Anyone have a good build for Rocket Raccoon? I feel very worthless when playing with my friend who plays Hulk. Not sure how I should be building/using him.

theRizzle

I'll probably be playing for most of the rest of the day, so if anyone wants to party up, let me know.

I'm playing Punisher (lvl 10) in Madripoor right now, but I wouldn't be against starting a fresh character if someone wants to do that.

Username is therizzle

1337Sauce

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what time do the servers go up at? Is it going to be around the same time as the Steam launch? Or is it going to be around midnight?

Are there any good places to look at builds? I know they nerfed Deadpool so my beta build probably won't be so effective and if anyone is looking for a big tank like character (Hulk, Collosus etc) for their group or any specific character like a crowed control, straight up DPS etc. let me know and ill level it up and play with you.

No, they didn't nerf Deadpool. They buffed him. He was terrible for the last few days of the beta. I was saying people who want to use him better level him now before they nerf him back to how terrible he was in beta after people complain that he's overpowered.

smr00

Banned
No, they didn't nerf Deadpool. They buffed him. He was terrible for the last few days of the beta. I was saying people who want to use him better level him now before they nerf him back to how terrible he was in beta after people complain that he's overpowered.
His healing stuff felt incredibly OP the last time i played.

Leveling him now (level 8) if anyone wants to play just let me know.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone have a good build for Rocket Raccoon? I feel very worthless when playing with my friend who plays Hulk. Not sure how I should be building/using him.

Rocket is a control/support character. Also, he is a late game bloomer to my understanding. I'm only level 14-15 and still feel pretty weak compared to Thor, Hulk, Collossus, etc. Big and heavy hitters will outshine you early on.

smr00

Banned
Whats the best possible items you can get from the cards? I got a few and did get this pretty sweet artifact that gives your character this glow stuff.

Manbig

So I enjoyed playing as Punisher in the beta and decided to grab the pack with him. My only question right now is how to make the damage numbers appear again? They were there during beta, but I don't see them now and I don't see anything in the options to turn them on.

inky

Damage numbers are not in. They weren't displaying correctly, so they are retooling them and adding them in a future update.

Whats the best possible items you can get from the cards

Exclusive costumes (there's 5 of them, they used to be in the store during beta). If you mouse over a card it should say what you can get.

Dunlop

If I understand correctly I can only choose one of the starting characters. I purchased cable, any recommendations on who to pick for a completely different role and play style?

Rocket is a control/support character. Also, he is a late game bloomer to my understanding. I'm only level 14-15 and still feel pretty weak compared to Thor, Hulk, Collossus, etc. Big and heavy hitters will outshine you early on.

I've got to agree... I picked him up with some of my "free" points, thinking that I always enjoy pet-classes/Diablo 2 Necro, etc....

At least for those first 10-15 levels, he feels GROSSLY under-powered, and in a game where every character has one or two good control powers... I mean, EVERY character.... having a dedicated controller just feels weird.

Pretty disappointed thus far in this particular character. Have played with a bunch of characters to roughly lvl15, he has been the only one which doesn't feel terribly fun, or useful.

Man some of these bosses are a pain.

I'll spoiler the next bit just because some people may not want the story spoiled.

Taking on Kingpin as a solo Deadpool was interesting. I did not realize he calls in 2 more bosses? Really? Both Elektra and Bullseye showed up and tried to kill me, jerks.

Man some of these bosses are a pain.

I'll spoiler the next bit just because some people may not want the story spoiled.

Taking on Kingpin as a solo Deadpool was interesting. I did not realize he calls in 2 more bosses? Really? Both Elektra and Bullseye showed up and tried to kill me, jerks.
Haha that fight has been nerfed quite a bit since beta.
Both Electra and Bullseye had their hp and damage nerfed
, took so many corpse runs during beta to clear kingpin lol

I've got to agree... I picked him up with some of my "free" points, thinking that I always enjoy pet-classes/Diablo 2 Necro, etc....

At least for those first 10-15 levels, he feels GROSSLY under-powered, and in a game where every character has one or two good control powers... I mean, EVERY character.... having a dedicated controller just feels weird.

Pretty disappointed thus far in this particular character. Have played with a bunch of characters to roughly lvl15, he has been the only one which doesn't feel terribly fun, or useful.

During the beta my rocket become immortal with his rapid fire blaster (can't remember what it was called, but the rapid fire right click ability) and enough items with increased crit chance and procs on crits (damage, lifesteal, sp steal and so on). I could just blaze through anything in the game, of course nerf might have taken place since then.

Having just started with Cable the other day I feel the character's useless in comparison. With rocket I had no issue at all past mutant town, now I'm struggling to stay alive against packs of regular mobs. It's annoying as hell seeing other heroes just beat the shit out of everything in the area whilst I'm stuck having to spam my 3 second durations forcefield to keep enemies back whilst hitting them with my weak DoT attack and lame peashooter left click.

Jtrizzy

How much are Iron man and Thor? I quit playing the beta a while ago so I didn't get burned out. Wish they hadn't retired the early access starter things for them or I'd be playing now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
During the beta my rocket become immortal with his rapid fire blaster (can't remember what it was called, but the rapid fire right click ability) and enough items with increased crit chance and procs on crits (damage, lifesteal, sp steal and so on). I could just blaze through anything in the game, of course nerf might have taken place since then.

Having just started with Cable the other day I feel the character's useless in comparison. With rocket I had no issue at all past mutant town, now I'm struggling to stay alive against packs of regular mobs. It's annoying as hell seeing other heroes just beat the shit out of everything in the area whilst I'm stuck having to spam my 3 second durations forcefield to keep enemies back whilst hitting them with my weak DoT attack and lame peashooter left click.

What level were you with that elite gear though? All characters can get there I think...they seem to be focussing in the impacts of gear in this game.

What level were you with that elite gear though? All characters can get there I think...they seem to be focussing in the impacts of gear in this game.

I think that the only fights I died on was the Kingpin fight and against Lady Deathstike. After I got the Deathstrike medal I never had another problem, although I do think that's changed from the beta (it used to be health of crit and now I think it's just bleeding on crit) so that could be an issue with playing him now. However I knew my DPS was much much higher with rocket than it is with Cable, it could have all came down to me getting better drop on that run though.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Elite Gear is purple right? I alread have 3 pieces of armor that are purple from using one rarity potion. I might use my in-game money they got me to buy more instead of costumes or another hero.

inky

I don't think it's worth it to use rarity pots for early leveling. You replace items fast, and it's very easy to deck yourself all in purples if you level up your crafter. I've always had my characters with purples (lvl 25 and 15) on them and have not used a single potion. Later on when you are grinding endgame it might be worth it.

In other news, got my first character drop:

845FAD71B7EE70B44DA332F140D10E1EC253C942

Woo! Not my favourite, but I can't complain.

SUPARSTARX

Almost lvl 30 with Cyclops. Then gonna level up my JEAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Optic Devastation is too bad ass

Kurod

Banned
Broke down and picked up the Wall-Crawler pack today. What can I say? I love me some Spider-Man and his Big Time costume is awesome.

So far I've been leveling up Spider Strike, Web Spray, and Spider-Sense and it seems like I barely take any damage from dudes.

In game name is Vray if anyone wants to beat down some bad guys.

steadfast

Played Spiderman in the open beta and he was great. Almost silly overpowered. Not sure how he is in production, though.

smr00

Banned
When did they add auto-group in instances? Last time i played beta this wasn't a thing and i thank god it now is.

I remember spending like an hour in chat trying to get a few people to do kingpin. I got so much XP boost stacked right now it's dumb how fast i am leveling deadpool. I think i am gonna stick with him to level cap before leveling another.

Lulubop

Gonna try this out when it goes live, not paying for anything though. Would like to party with Gaf, I'm guessing I have to make a Marvel account regardless.

Chucker

I don't think it's worth it to use rarity pots for early leveling. You replace items fast, and it's very easy to deck yourself all in purples if you level up your crafter. I've always had my characters with purples (lvl 25 and 15) on them and have not used a single potion. Later on when you are grinding endgame it might be worth it.
This makes sense, use the unused rare items to level the crafters?

Top Bottom