• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Kurod

Banned
Anyone...?

I'm only level 9 so take my impression with a grain of salt but, to me, he seems fantastic. Looking at later level skills gives me the impression that they mesh together really well: Web based debuffs. A buff that makes your web based skills do damage over time. A basic attack that deals double damage against those suffering from web based debuffs. Fun stuff.

BJK

Ugh; game won't give me all my bonus currency. (Spent $20 for Iron Man pack during Valentine's Day promotion, meaning + Cyclops & Jean Grey. I also have Hawkguy and Thing from playing through the tutorial.)

Should have 2000 in Gs, but only have 1500. Have a ticket in, but I don't think they're going to get to it pre-launch. Moreover, the news pages on the website request you not make purchases until after the support ticket has correctly credited your account.

Have they said whether individual heroes will be purchasable with in-game (pay) currency post-launch? At one point, they said it was pre-launch only....which sucks if they don't want you to spend that currency until they fix their own mistake.

scosher

Anyone have an issue where keybinds won't save after you restart game? Keep on having to rebind when I launch game again.

SUPARSTARX

I'm almost there. Any tips build wise? Basic powers and synergy are all I've done so far.

I've found a lot useful and some not so useful stuff. Here's my build at the moment.

F3AE6FCD2AEBEB08F4ADEA7E1FC44A9D58D68A69
Threw as many points as I can into:
  • Optic Blast (good single target basic power, kinda better than piercing because it takes more points to get ricochet to match optic)
  • Ricochet Blast (extremely useful and probably one of your most go to casts)
  • Team Leader/XP boost (flat XP boost per enemy killed and up to a %)
  • Tactical Command (Defense debuffer that causes enemies to take more damage from you and your party)
  • And I will max out as much Optic Devastation as I can. It's really strong and covers like 40% of the screen.
  • Uncanny focus (increased spirit regen, when you take concussive force, you lose a % of spirit so this makes up for it)

I stuck one point into the following for synergy and utility:
  • Tactical kick (prerequisite for sweeping kick)
  • Sweeping Kick (strong melee and punts enemies away)
  • Defensive Tactician (mobs debuffed by Tactical Command have their attacks easily dodged, threw in 1pt to get some passive dodge bonus)
  • Concussive Force (the knockback synergizes well with ricochet beam to slow/stop enemies and to stop some stronger mobs/bosses from healing)
  • Combat Roll (escape and travel)

Wide beam was good until I got ricochet and optic devastation. I don't like Optic barrage and Channeled blast feels too weak. It feels like you need to invest a lot of points into for it to work properly. I would rather invest those points into Optic Blast to support that along with Ricochet Blast synergy.

That's all I have so far. I will mostly be pumping Ricochet, Optic Dev, Team Leader

ElRenoRaven

Some of these boss fights as a melee character are brutal.

Hell several of them are nasty for ranged. That's the one thing I like there are fights that are tough for both groups of heroes. I think that really does seem to promote switching between characters which I really like.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got an artifact drop off some random side dungeon. +1 to all skills amongst other minor bonuses.

Also, the Mole Man medal is awesome. Glad I found him while wandering.

smr00

Banned
Are they ever going to allow you to trade heroes you find? I find it incredibly stupid that you can't.

I have already found 3 yet i already have all the characters.

inky

Repeated heroes are used to level your character's ultimate power. If they allowed trade no one would buy them I think.

inky

You can't drop them. If you try it asks you if you want to destroy them instead. Same with costumes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Some of these boss fights as a melee character are brutal.
Bullseye, The Hood and the Kingpin battles
are a bitch for melee characters. I got to
The Hood
as Black Panther and I said fuck it. Though it was fun and I felt skillful timing my evade moves correctly to deal damage. From my play with BP, melee characters feel underpowered IMO.

Mupod

Well, friends want to play this so I grabbed the Rocket Raccoon pack.

I had it downloaded on steam but it appears to have vanished mysteriously from my games list and the link in the OP just brings me to the community page. Still have the game files in the directory but can't get it to launch.

SaberVulcan

The Hood
as Black Panther and I said fuck it. Though it was fun and I felt skillful timing my evade moves correctly to deal damage. From my play with BP, melee characters feel underpowered IMO.

Hulk Smash. (I had no problems)

rcl66

Been playing the beta and early access via steam, and the game just disappeared from my games list. Doesn't show up as owned or in my library at all. Ultimate pack isn't for sale on steam and the founders pack I bought is now listed for $84.99.

Marvel Heroes has disappeared from my games list as well. 'Installed' and 'All Games'.

Edit: The download link in the opening no longer works either.

inky

Marvel Heroes has disappeared from my games list as well. 'Installed' and 'All Games'.

Edit: The download link in the opening no longer works either.

I'll check the site. Maybe they changed some stuff for release.

Edit: I think it has got to do with making it available for everyone tomorrow. There will be downtime at 2AM Pacific time. They say 4 hours, but it is a new build, so we know how that goes.

I'll check the site. Maybe they changed some stuff for release.

Thanks. ;) There's a banner on the main store page advertising Marvel Heroes as available now, just as a side note. The DLC prices have also been increased drastically. I'm guessing as you said, it's prep for release.

Anyone notice a serious discrepancy in the overall stats that each character gets? If you look under their "Hero" tab of the character screen and compare them, you'll realize Thor is basically the most OP character in the game. Here are a handful of ones I checked out.

Categories are:
Durability / Strength / Fighting / Speed / Energy / Intelligence
  • 6/7/5/5/6/2 - Thor (31)
  • 3/4/7/4/4/5 - Black Panther (27)
  • 3/2/4/5/6/3 - Storm (23)
  • 3/2/6/3/5/3 - Rocket Raccoon (22)
  • 7/6/4/2/1/2 - Colossus (22)
  • 2/2/5/3/6/3 - Cyclops (21)
  • 2/2/4/3/7/3 - Jean Grey (21)
  • 5/3/6/3/1/2 - Deadpool (20)
  • 3/3/6/3/1/3 - Daredevil (19)
  • 2/3/6/3/2/3 - Hawkeye (19)
  • 3/3/6/3/1/3 - Punisher (19)

So basically, Thor has ridiculous durability, the most strength in the game, solid fighting, ridiculous speed, ridiculous energy, and he's as dumb as a box of rocks. Must be nice being the god of thunder. ;p

Lord Phol

The Hood

You just need to get to the higher levels and they will start to shine. BP is crazy once you get his uppercut. I roll with high dodge, life on hit artifacts and pump points into his Savage Strike. practically unkillable atm, I also get spirit whenever I take damage and got an ability that breaks all CC, heals me and gives me an attack speed buff.

I do think ranged heroes are a bit easier for the most part though. Pretty much any boss can be kited around, you just need the patience.

SUPARSTARX

Anyone notice a serious discrepancy in the overall stats that each character gets? If you look under their "Hero" tab of the character screen and compare them, you'll realize Thor is basically the most OP character in the game. Here are a handful of ones I checked out.

Categories are:
Durability / Strength / Fighting / Speed / Energy / Intelligence
  • 6/7/5/5/6/2 - Thor (31)
  • 3/4/7/4/4/5 - Black Panther (27)
  • 3/2/4/5/6/3 - Storm (23)
  • 3/2/6/3/5/3 - Rocket Raccoon (22)
  • 7/6/4/2/1/2 - Colossus (22)
  • 2/2/5/3/6/3 - Cyclops (21)
  • 2/2/4/3/7/3 - Jean Grey (21)
  • 5/3/6/3/1/2 - Deadpool (20)
  • 3/3/6/3/1/3 - Daredevil (19)
  • 2/3/6/3/2/3 - Hawkeye (19)
  • 3/3/6/3/1/3 - Punisher (19)

So basically, Thor has ridiculous durability, the most strength in the game, solid fighting, ridiculous speed, ridiculous energy, and he's as dumb as a box of rocks. Must be nice being the god of thunder. ;p
Good thing I am rolling Thor after I get my Cyclops to a healthy gear/level.

Moondrop

Banned
My ticket has been resolved (although I was not given Cyclops, and I ordered 2/5). I will be allowed a couple of hours of early access, given the downtime, but I was compensated.

Also, I got different final stats for several of those characters when I checked at the end of beta. Also, there appear to be permanent stat buffs in the game (potentially confounding the data)- in beta, my Jean Grey picked up a permanent +1 in fighting somewhere early.

Qvoth

oh well, not like i have anything to do anyway
will install

edit: hmm i'm trying to install from steam, twice i got "An error occured while installing Marvel Heroes (connection timed out)"
and it's not my connection problem since i'm streaming just fine

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Bah, I was hoping to try it a bit before work but i can't log on.

Top Bottom