• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I have been waiting for this for a long time. Hopefully it was worth the wait. I'll be choosing...Storm.

Anyone notice a serious discrepancy in the overall stats that each character gets? If you look under their "Hero" tab of the character screen and compare them, you'll realize Thor is basically the most OP character in the game. Here are a handful of ones I checked out.

Categories are:
Durability / Strength / Fighting / Speed / Energy / Intelligence
  • 6/7/5/5/6/2 - Thor (31)
  • 3/4/7/4/4/5 - Black Panther (27)
  • 3/2/4/5/6/3 - Storm (23)
  • 3/2/6/3/5/3 - Rocket Raccoon (22)
  • 7/6/4/2/1/2 - Colossus (22)
  • 2/2/5/3/6/3 - Cyclops (21)
  • 2/2/4/3/7/3 - Jean Grey (21)
  • 5/3/6/3/1/2 - Deadpool (20)
  • 3/3/6/3/1/3 - Daredevil (19)
  • 2/3/6/3/2/3 - Hawkeye (19)
  • 3/3/6/3/1/3 - Punisher (19)

So basically, Thor has ridiculous durability, the most strength in the game, solid fighting, ridiculous speed, ridiculous energy, and he's as dumb as a box of rocks. Must be nice being the god of thunder. ;p

Lot of those stats just give little advantages or penalties and mainly are going to be noticeable at early levels. It's nice to see they didn't try to go as far as to completely put all the characters on equal footing stat wise. It's basically fluff stats.

WarMacheen

Lot of those stats just give little advantages or penalties and mainly are going to be noticeable at early levels. It's nice to see they didn't try to go as far as to completely put all the characters on equal footing stat wise. It's basically fluff stats.

PVE wise I don't think the characters should have the same stats. Thor should be more powerful than others. This does pose some problems as Thor will probably be over represented as word gets out and stats would obviously need to be adjusted for PvP.

If you buy a hero once the game launches, do you get their stash unlocked with it for or must you still buy that stash separate still? I know the free and loot drop ones you unlock don't unlock their stash, but if I spend so much on a hero with cash, I should get their stash included. The founder pack purchases came with their stashes

PVE wise I don't think the characters should have the same stats. Thor should be more powerful than others. This does pose some problems as Thor will probably be over represented as word gets out and stats would obviously need to be adjusted for PvP.

Yea I agree, and right now PVP is meaningless and just slapped into this game. I hope or assume that they are going to work on a more robust pvp system eventually.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the steam version is broke the bit raider version works fine and the servers are up,

Lord Phol

New update:

Update said:
Content Additions

• As compensation for temporarily disabling Mighty Smash through excessive spirit cost, Hulk’s Power Points have been reset. You will need to re-spend power points.
  • The Cinematics button on the Login screen has been enabled for your viewing pleasure! Click this button to watch all four episodes of the Chronicles of Doom, the prequel story for Marvel Heroes, which lead directly into the epic opening cinematic.

Content Changes

UI Changes:

• The look and feel for the Experience Bar has been simplified, so that it will display in one of two colors - blue if earning rested experience, and yellow if earning normal experience. The edges of the bars are now vertical lines to make it easier to determine your amount of experience at a glance.

Endgame and PVP Changes:

• Changed the rarity of certain boss affixes in endgame.
  • Rewards found in endgame activities have been changed to give more beneficial rewards when working with several other players.
  • Increased PvP damage for all players.

Item Changes:

• Doom Medal: Fear duration reduced to 3 seconds.

Mission Changes:

• Changed display text on mission objectives to reference Kingpin's Warehouse, instead of Blood Rose Nightclub, to match name on waypoint terminal.

Boss Changes

• Increased Doctor Doom’s health during phase 1 of his fight.

Hero Changes

Daredevil

Club Sweep: Damage scaling increased, damage synergy percentage decreased. Now deals double damage to slowed targets in addition to knocking them down.
Evasive Kick: Damage synergy percentage increased.
Knockback Kick: Damage synergy percentage increased.
Opening Lunge: Damage synergy percentage increased.
Radar Ping: Buff/debuff duration increased.
Rebounding Club: Damage synergy percentage increased.
Relentless Justice: Now adds some light resistance against forced movement (knock back, knock down, etc).
Restorative Trance: Healing reduced slightly. Now removes all defenses while channeling.
Swinging Assault: Damage synergy percentage increased. Now deals double damage to knocked down targets in addition to stunning them.
Taser Club: Now knocks down foes, in order to better combine with other powers.
Triple Strike: Damage synergy percentage increased.

Storm

Arctic Blizzard: Added area duration synergy from Freezing Tempest and Crashing Hail. Slow synergy with Freezing Tempest.
Ball Lightning: Added damage synergies from Thundering Bolt and Chain Lightning. Slight increase in base damage.
Buffeting Zephyr: Updated synergy from Sudden Tornado. Minor increase in base damage. Cost reduced
Chain Lightning: Damage synergies from Thundering Bolt and Ball Lightning. Slight increase in damage scaling
Crashing Hail: Minor damage scaling increase. Area duration synergy from Freezing Tempest and Arctic Blizzard.
Elusive Blast: Base and scaling damage increase. Now only slows move speed. Slow synergy from Thundering Tempest.
Freezing Tempest: Minor cost decrease. Area duration synergy from Arctic Blizzard and Crashing Hail, slow synergy from Elusive Blast.
Goddess of Weather: Duration increased. Area and damage per strike increased.
Gusting Tempest: Minor cost decrease. Area duration synergy from Refreshing Breeze and Quickening Tempest.
Lightning Bolt: Increase damage scaling slightly.
Lightning Column: Move some damage out of the base and into scaling.
Lightning Rush: Damage synergy from Sirocco Rush.
Lightning Storm: Damage synergy from Thundering Tempest.
Quickening Tempest: Minor cost decrease. Area duration synergy from Gusting Tempest and Refreshing Breeze; tweak move speed and dodge bonuses.
Refreshing Breeze: Defense buff scaling. Buff duration synergy from Gusting Tempest and Quickening Tempest.
Sirocco Rush: Stun duration synergy from Lightning Rush.
Stunning Bolt: Increase damage scaling slightly.
Sudden Tornado: Updated synergy from Buffeting Zephyr. Minor increase in base damage. Cost reduced.
Thundering Bolt: Damage synergies from Chain Lightning and Ball Lightning.
Thundering Tempest: Cost decreased. Slow synergy from Arctic Blizzard. Damage synergy from Lightning Storm.

Misc Changes

• Rested experience gains have been changed to be more consistent across different levels.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where players using missile powers (and a few other powers like Rocket Raccoon’s turrets) frequently failed to be awarded the proper experience when playing with others nearby.
  • Experience is now scaled from your level and the level of the mission. This will remove unintended power leveling of low level players guided by a high level party. This fix was needed for missions only, as mobs and bosses were already working as intended.

• Added a fix that prevents artifacts that don't provide a costume visual effect from being used in the ‘Add Visuals to Costume’ crafting recipe.
  • Fixed an issue where party member arrows would not show up when party members are very far apart.
  • After switching to a new hero for the first time, resetting your progress via the UI pop-up now works correctly.
  • Yellow arrow now functioning for Smash HYDRA! Mission.
  • Fixed an issue where loading screen SFX would continue after loading into an area.
  • Fixed the Intelligence Stat level 1 tooltip to display the correct value of -15%
experience gain instead of -20%.
  • Fixed various issues where clicking on an NPC would bring up a UI and the mouse would auto-click something in that UI unintentionally.
  • Fixed a bug where you could get into a state where you could not Story Warp back to the Raft.
  • Enemies associated with discovery missions no longer are stuck in inappropriate actions some times.
  • Discovery missions in Mutate Caves will now respawn as intended.
  • Fixed a bug where the lowest level gear upgrade recipes went from level 1-9 instead of 1-12.
  • Artifact Visual Effect orbs will now be evenly spaced around the player.
  • Fixed an issue where Med Kits would not always stack.
  • Fixed issue where certain mob visual effects would get stuck on the ground.
  • The buildings in ‘Mutant Town : Projects” now occlude properly.

Boss Fixes:

• Bullseye's Mark For Death will no longer target turrets or other summoned entities.
  • Bullseye will also no longer interrupt Mark For Death by switching to a different target.
  • Portal will now spawn as intended when defeating MODOK.
  • Fixed a bug where Shocker would stop attacking.
  • Rhino's charging ability will be perform more reliably and accurately.
  • Doctor Doom's Death From Above attack now plays visual effects in the correct
location.
  • Fixed an issue where Doctor Doom’s phase 2 appearance disappeared.

Hero/Power Fixes

• Fixed FX for some powers (AOEs, including a lot of melee attacks) occasionally not playing when they kill an enemy.
  • Black Widow: Tooltip fixed to properly display number of microdrones fired.
  • Captain America: Combat Veteran now works properly.
  • Cyclops: Basic powers synergy now works consistently.
  • Deadpool: Fixed damage values in Stink Bomb's tooltip.
  • Deadpool: Removed duplicate next rank tooltip from Armor Buster power.
  • Deadpool: Shoot All the Bullets now properly receives extra damage from synergy.
  1. Hulk: Mighty Smash now works properly.
  • Ms Marvel: Crashdown Strike now has knock down duration on tooltip.
  • Ms Marvel: Stellar Flare can now be slotted on the right mouse button.
  • Ms Marvel: Stellar Flare now has knock down duration on tooltip.
  • Rocket Raccoon: Blaster Turret attack speed has been increased.
  • Fixed an issue where slow powers would not slow.
  • Fixed powers getting "stuck on" if you put the same power in the power bar twice.
  • Fixed a case where you could get a power failing to activate on the server by spamming it repeatedly. The power would run on player’s client, but would not properly work on the server, thus it appears that the power did not work. Characters like Hulk and Colossus are examples of heroes that were affected by this.

Known Major Issues
  • Guild functionality is currently disabled, and War Machine has been temporarily removed from the game. This functionality will be re-enabled as soon as possible.
  • French and German localization is almost, but not entirely complete; some English text may be found.
  • Store icon for Spider-Man displays an incorrect costume; Spider-Man comes equipped with his Modern costume, not the Classic costume shown.
  • Powers that deal damage over time currently cannot score critical hits.
  • After being defeated by Pyro, there is a chance that players will be brought back to
  • Xavier’s School rather than the beginning of the instance where Pyro is found.
  • Cars may not respawn in city environments.
  • Defeating the Green Goblin on the Raft will give you a hero token even if you have all of the Starter Heroes; this is not the final design.
  • Elite and Champion Mobs do not have the correct health.
  • Many Damage Over Time powers show a much higher damage in their tooltip than they deal.

Audio

• Sound may be lost intermittently after changing locations.
  • Rapid fire powers may erroneously stack sound effects.

Missions:

• Find Agent Baker: Agent Baker does not spawn, so mission cannot be completed.
  • Some ‘Discovery’ missions may not trigger correctly.

UI And In-Game Store:

• Cinematics button on the log-in screen has two extra cinematics listed. Should only show Chronicles Of Doom and Game Opener.
  • Red Mission Arrows do not trigger until getting extremely close to the appropriate mission objective.
  • Clicking on a vendor may not send your hero directly to them.

Endgame – Daily Missions:

Avenger’s Mansion:
o Green Daily – Castle Doom – Mini Map appears to be unpopulated and shows nothing.
o Red Daily – Abandoned Subway - Shocker's AI intermittently stops working. He won't attack, but he'll turn to face you.

Xavier’s School/SHIELD Helicarrier:
o Green Daily – Castle Doom – Doctor Doom’s number of affixes change depending on his form rather than staying constant as intended.
o Green Daily – Castle Doom - Doctor Doom’s number of affixes change depending on his form rather than staying constant as intended.

Items:

• Bloodstone Lion: Visual effects appear incorrectly.
  • Green Goblin Medal: Green Goblin Medal poison cloud is invisible.

Characters:

• Some emotes are not working for Cable, Deadpool.
  • Flight powers can get locked when flying over food trucks.

Black Widow
  • Acrobatic Assault: This power can miss if the enemy is running towards you.

Black Panther

• Some gear icons are black silhouettes – gear can still be equipped.

Captain America

• Aggressive Shout: The power has both a 10 second buff and an ongoing (lasts until turned off) buff. Only one of them is shown.
  • Invigorating Shout: The power has a 10-second buff and an ongoing (lasts until turned off) effect, but it does not show either of them. Health regeneration does not show up on character sheet

Cable

• Searing Shot: Visual Effects when hitting enemy are not seen.
  • Cable currently does not gain any stat points from leveling up.

Colossus

• Lingering Boon: Tooltip is incorrect. Each rank actually extends aura duration by 2 seconds.

Rocket Raccoon

• Forceful Shot: Power unlocks at level 12 and should unlock at level 10.
  • Tactical Destruction: Tooltip does not correctly display bonus damage from shield cost.

Spider-Man

• Evasive Websling: If there is no enemy targeted, power will land in incorrect location.

Thing:

• Yancy Street Taunt: Can be used repeatedly without costing spirit after the initial spirit consumption.

Wolverine:

• Regeneration Boost: Tooltip is incorrect. Power does not spend Fury to gain health faster as described.
  • Smell Weakness: Damage vulnerability is causing the enemy to take less damage rather than more.
  • Character sheet does not reflect health regeneration from Healing Factor (but displays resistances from passive powers).

smr00

Banned
Is there a way of re-selecting quest? I switched from deadpool to my level 5 hulk but its still giving me deadpools quest :-/

AEREC

So is this officially out for everyone? I try to login to the game but get an "incorrect username or password" error, however I can log into the Marvel Heroes account website just fine.

Just started to update the game in the Steam client after not being able to get in this morning. Looks promising. Too bad the servers will be an unplayable mess today. :p

Entropia

No One Remembers
So is this officially out for everyone? I try to login to the game but get an "incorrect username or password" error, however I can log into the Marvel Heroes account website just fine.

I believe it goes public at 1PM EST.

smr00

Banned
I logged in about an hour ago with no problems (but i have the ultimate pack)

When i started playing Hulk (only level 3 in avengers tower) i noticed a ton of people on, a ton of starter characters (Hawkeye etc) so i assume it's live for everyone, unless people bought all these starter/premium/ultimate packs and decided to play as one of the 5 free characters.

Side note: Hulk? Hulk is pretty damn beast mode. Some characters that people cry out "OP" i hope they don't nerf them too bad. Like Thor for example, he's the fucking god of thunder. He should be crazy good. This isn't a typical ARPG, you can't keep nerfing everyone because one is more powerful then the other. It would be stupid if Hawkeye was as good as Hulk etc.

It would be stupid if Hawkeye was as good as Hulk etc.

That's true from a comic lore standpoint. It's terrible from a game design and game play standpoint. If the characters aren't balanced, you'll have a million Hulks, Thors, Iron Mans, and Ms. Marvels with nobody playing Daredevil or the Punisher.

Today's patch shows the company understands that, hence the all-around buffs to Daredevil. He and the Punisher are crap compared to everyone else in the game right now.

inky

Is there a way of re-selecting quest? I switched from deadpool to my level 5 hulk but its still giving me deadpools quest :-/

Go to the Avenger's Tower, then look for Manifold in the armors room and you can warp back (or forward) to another chapter. If you want to start from a specific quest, just take a waypoint to that specific part of the world and the appropriate NPC should have the mission available to you.

smr00

Banned
That's true from a comic lore standpoint. It's terrible from a game design and game play standpoint. If the characters aren't balanced, you'll have a million Hulks, Thors, Iron Mans, and Ms. Marvels with nobody playing Daredevil or the Punisher.

Today's patch shows the company understands that, hence the all-around buffs to Daredevil. He and the Punisher are crap compared to everyone else in the game right now.
I understand that buffs and nerfs need to happen but you can't dumb down every character.

Who wants to play a Hulk if he dies in 2 shots or doesn't do any damage? Balance i understand but this also isn't Diablo. You can't nerf certain characters into the ground.

I understand that buffs and nerfs need to happen but you can't dumb down every character.

Who wants to play a Hulk if he dies in 2 shots or doesn't do any damage? Balance i understand but this also isn't Diablo. You can't nerf certain characters into the ground.

I get what you're saying, but the game balance will be a continuous process in this game like it is in every game. From what I've read, melee is struggling right now compared to range on bosses. Also, defense-based characters like Colossus and the Thing get crapped on from a mitigation standpoint against bosses, while dodge-based characters like the Black Panther and Black Widow have better survivability once specced correctly.

I expect all that will change long-term.

Lord Phol

But they didn't nerf anyone into the ground this patch, they just buffed two of the heroes that people have been complaining about the most.

There's alot of people who want no challenge at all, who doesn't care about balance as long as their favorite hero is killing everything left and right. They don't put any effort into the game, they don't come with any facts or evidence on why hero x needs a buff or hero y needs a nerf. They just lash out whenever they feel that their hero is being mistreated.

I trust the developers and my own experience more than i trust these people.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yay patch notes!

Now we just need guild support. I have 3 people on my friends list because its a bitch to add (no copy paste?), and it's somewhat annoying to just PM random folks about stuff. Guilds or bust!

rmanthorp

One Jeff of Giant Bomb said on ILM that he would give it a 4/5. Already finished it through once and they are going to be playing it on TNT and a QL. EXCITED!

Lombax

Banned
anyone else get this message after clicking the play now button on steam?

"To Our Founders,

It seems that the Steam client is currently unavailable for download and may have been removed from your library. We are working to have this corrected as soon as we can and we apologize for the inconvenience. We'll post an update once we have one.

Thank you for your patience,

The Marvel Heroes Team"

"•Fixed an issue where loading screen SFX would continue after loading into an area."

Only important part of the patch notes

What do they mean Warmachine is disabled?

RS4-

"To Our Founders,

It seems that the Steam client is currently unavailable for download and may have been removed from your library. We are working to have this corrected as soon as we can and we apologize for the inconvenience. We'll post an update once we have one.

Thank you for your patience,

The Marvel Heroes Team"

Yeah, was hoping that I could start downloading it now or something.

I typically do not say this kind of thing... but... those patch notes make it seem like the game is still in beta.

Emotes not working, damage over time attacks not doing criticals, etc. To me, this stuff should have been ironed out during the last six months of beta testing.

inky

That's weird. The game was gone from my library, I restarted and it showed up, patched and I launched it no problem just now.

What do they mean Warmachine is disabled?

War Machine was the NPC that gave you the guild creation item, but he was taken out from the game. He will be put back in soon.

I typically do not say this kind of thing... but... those patch notes make it seem like the game is still in beta.

Emotes not working, damage over time attacks not doing criticals, etc. To me, this stuff should have been ironed out during the last six months of beta testing.

Aye, the game is not entirely release ready, but they can't delay it. They should've called it an open beta instead of launch, but it's about the same thing nowadays with some online games, especially F2P.

It's f2p game, they pretty much all launch in an open beta state nowadays

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Yeah, I tend to agree. LOVE the game so far, even got a friend to buy in, but it's frustrating that some core pieces of the experience aren't working right. My biggest gripe (and most inexcusable IMHO) is the lack of guild functionality at launch. An MMO without proper social support is just silly.

Yeah, I tend to agree. LOVE the game so far, even got a friend to buy in, but it's frustrating that some core pieces of the experience aren't working right. My biggest gripe (and most inexcusable IMHO) is the lack of guild functionality at launch. An MMO without proper social support is just silly.

Guilds really aren't all the important right now in the game though also

inky

No, but having that social aspect would be fantastic. Considering that working together IS something they advertised for world events, I feel like its at least moderately useful.

Don't expect them to be anything more than a list of people online and a green colored chat though. Social features seem like an afterthought.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Alright, let's murder my bandwidth and let's do this. Quick question. I am definitely thinking about first unlocking Storm. Can she handle solo gameplay or is she more of a team player?

Great. The game is out. Now bring on Squirrel Girl! I'm gonna have a minimum of 3000 points just sitting in my account waiting for her release.

Top Bottom