• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dec

They took my Squirrels.

They TOOK my Squirrels.

My wife just said that exact line when I told her.

I have some friends like that too, sucks but whatever. Game sure has come a long way that's for sure.

Happens with all MMOs really. It's incredible how many people think Runescape is the same shit browser game they played 8 years ago when it has had weekly updates and complete engine reworks over the past decade. Extremely unique game and to this date no MMO has quests as deep.

Indignate

So I forced myself to learn about Costume affixes, even though it took all of five minutes and I should have learn about them a while ago.

I got a bunch of Critical Damage from all 4 grades but it only increased my crit damage by like 20% and it seems like chance would be much better (especially on Loki since it affects summon chance). So I guess I have to just keep rolling until I get what I want on this stuff? Does the level your character is at affect any of these rolls?

Seems like people were right when they said credits would become an issue late game.

Dec

So I forced myself to learn about Costume affixes, even though it took all of five minutes and I should have learn about them a while ago.

I got a bunch of Critical Damage from all 4 grades but it only increased my crit damage by like 20% and it seems like chance would be much better (especially on Loki since it affects summon chance). So I guess I have to just keep rolling until I get what I want on this stuff? Does the level your character is at affect any of these rolls?

Seems like people were right when they said credits would become an issue late game.

The affix values increase depending on the level of the core attached to the costume. They can also roll at different values.

Indignate

Oh, I see. So I should core costumes before adding affixes then.

When it comes to farming uniques, I'm assuming that something like Sinister's Cuirass can only drop from Sinister. If so, does green/red/cosmic affect the chances of the drop? Does character level?

Dec

When it comes to farming uniques, I'm assuming that something like Sinister's Cuirass can only drop from Sinister. If so, does green/red/cosmic affect the chances of the drop? Does character level?

When you apply a higher level core the affix values will scale up automatically.

Click the costume tab here and you can see the ranges it rolls at. http://mhcompendium.com/craft/affix

Blank!

The vast majority of boss specific drops will only drop from red or cosmic terminals at level 50+. There's a handful that will drop from greens IIRC. They also have a very small chance of dropping in Midtown, but obviously only if the boss spawns there (Sinister doesn't spawn in midtown so the only place to get that is terminal).

all dudes :(

well i guess BP has that enhanced costume

Yeah, Ms. Marvel is beast mode. Squirrel Girl is very strong, too. I don't mean that to be taken as exclusive. Those are just the most frequently referenced in terms of overall raid strength.

My two favorite characters in the Marvel universe are the Punisher and Daredevil. Frank Castle isn't breaking any damage records in game, and his play style is in heavy need of revision. DD is dang solid, though.

KePoW

Banned
are any of yall currently having problems with Squirrel Girl performance? it seems fine on my system after the most recent patch where they already reduced the bone counts or whatever

Carm

So, I missed weekend A.R.M.O.R. drive grinding because of my computer malfunction, but I'm finally back. Question, do these things ever drop in a larger quantity than 1 each time? Terrible drop rate atm. Also, it seems there drop rate is roughly 4 1/2 mins give or take a bit, does that seem accurate?

Sblargh

Banned
So, I missed weekend A.R.M.O.R. drive grinding because of my computer malfunction, but I'm finally back. Question, do these things ever drop in a larger quantity than 1 each time? Terrible drop rate atm. Also, it seems there drop rate is roughly 4 1/2 mins give or take a bit, does that seem accurate?

They do, but it's rare; someone told me the timer is 2 minutes; so people on holo-sim and x-def usually wait for 2 minutes before opening the final chest to increase the chance of a multiple drop.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

It seems to drop a lot for me. I have a bit under 250 already. It's super easy to get them in Midtown. I fought a boss earlier that dropped two at the same time.

Carm

Yea, looks to be roughly 2-2 1/2 mins. 800 drives before patch seems possible. Hopefully this network maintenance tonight isn't to long.

Moondrop

Banned
Wow, pouring one out for Squirrel Girl. Makes it easier for me to choose a (short-term) main at least.

Ugh, this will be like the third time I've downloaded Test Center. ;)

Daredevil's Spinning Hook Kick can be activated within 3 seconds of performing a Finisher (up from 2 seconds).

Heh, the QoL change I've been asking for since his review. Glad they're finally (and randomly) adding that much needed second.

Lord Phol

More glorious Richards <3

bOyjftJ.jpg
The teal coloring looks a bit odd though, his chest is a bit wide/big and the breastplate armor pieces a bit weird, other than that I'm happy!

And another one:

Breastplates look fine here for some reason.

Maledict

Wish you guys would raid later when I can make it. Maybe a later run over the weekend? It's not like all you guys aren't playing then anyway. I can't feasibly make it at the hours you have on there, except for the very end.

Star-Lord is my main and I'm running his unique, a leveled Mkraan Crystal, and blessed artifacts.

There are basically two main gearing options under his current spec priority. One is to go the Gungnir/River of Souls route. I don't like it at all, since you're trading off survivability and a large spirit pool for a negligible gain in damage.

If you go with the Mkraan/Bowazon route, you end up with 200 more spirit, 1K more health, and almost identical damage output. Star-Lord has zero problems putting out the damage, but his inherent spirit sustain and squishiness are very real. River of Souls addresses the spirit problem somewhat, but you'll have to adjust other parts of your gear to address health and spirit. Going with Mkraan solves both issues, and allows you to focus almost exclusively on damage everywhere else. And Bowazon craps all over River of Souls, to be honest.

With my setup and a costume core that provides 400 life on hit, as well as the 25% health and 200 spirit on use, my build is insanely sustainable. Having over 700 spirit is amazing, particularly when you factor in the Mkraan kicks me back 80 automatically on a short cooldown.

We're only on green raids right now so survivability isn't the end all yet, but I think people are going to have to seriously reconsider priorities on him once reds go active.

Whichever option you go with, get the armor nodes in Arcane Attunement omega tree. Those become even more valuable when you have larger spirit pools like my build, but they're important to the character in general. Mine is only level two so far but I'm focusing all omega points into it. I'll have literally zero spirit problems with it maxed. All out damage, all the time.

I have to be honest, I don't understand how the Mkraan crystals help with sustainability. I can see they give you longer before you run out of spirit, so you'll get a minute or two longer before hitting 0, but as it doesn't give you any extra regen surely you'll still end up out of juice after 2 minutes or so with no way to regen it?

(Or is there something I'm missing from the way spirit regen works?).

Bowazon might crap over river of souls but unfortunately I don't have a Tyr or Saturn rune, and probably won't get one for a looooong time apparently due to their rareness. Also re Omega, I have 39 points at the moment in total so am a long time off being able to max anything. I honestly have no idea how you folks have so many points!

This game is slightly frustrating with the huge number of systems in it and the lack of a decent wiki or guides out there. Guess it will make it more satisfying in the long run when I have it all figured out...

I was going to hop on tonight since I'm now getting into the game but I see they're doing maintenance. Is there a somewhat standard expected time for it to be down? They don't appear to post an estimate in game and I didn't see where on their site I should look if they typically put an estimated time.

Thanks.

DrAg0nBoY

Ok, so I am thinking of starting with a new character. Will try to get my account deactivated, so that I can use the same e-mail.

Now my question. Which hero should I pick now? Is Hawkeye fun to play? Would really like a ranged hero.

Korten

Banned
Ok, so I am thinking of starting with a new character. Will try to get my account deactivated, so that I can use the same e-mail.

Now my question. Which hero should I pick now? Is Hawkeye fun to play? Would really like a ranged hero.

I'm a new player, but I've been playing Hawkeye and I find him A LOT of fun to play as. Lots of mobility (has a roll move which stuns enemies if you hit them with it), a lighting arrow thing which hits multiple enemies and stuns them. You also have a bunch of AoE attacks.

He's fun. :D

Carm

I guess I'll be in the minority but the RR Nova looks kinda bad, looks nothing like the google image search or what little I've seen in the annihilation book that I got yesterday. Looks like some buff dude cosplaying Nova. Helmet doesn't look right either.

Has anyone ever lost time on their potions when the server went down and came back up? I could have sworn I had a little over 2 hours left on this 200sif/rif Guardians potion when server went down but it says only 70 mins left.

Lord Phol

There's seems to be alot of people that think he looks too big/wide, and I will have to agree. Pretty sure that won't change though, but it might look better in-game. He will also be getting some glow on his chest/eyes which should give it a less flat feeling. It's not MvC3 quality but I think it's good enough, as long as they get the colors of his powers right that is.

Ragnaroz

Not a big fan of the way they did Rich Rider. Sure, the costume is correct, but the coloring is a bit weird and his upper body size is just plain wrong. Guy looks like he had been skipping the leg day since the beginning of time.

I had a hell of a time with Hawkeye, (a bad time) but others seems to like him. Rocket and Storm are probably the strongest ranged characters for starters, though Rocket is stronger when focused on as a summoner.

GManDH

I see no rewards on this screen. Achievements without any sort of reward are just plain boring.

They said there will be rewards. this is a PRE ALPHA screenshot. so that means we are getting very VERY VERY early spoilers here. Brevik said there will be rewards, some exclusive just to achievements.

I have to be honest, I don't understand how the Mkraan crystals help with sustainability. I can see they give you longer before you run out of spirit, so you'll get a minute or two longer before hitting 0, but as it doesn't give you any extra regen surely you'll still end up out of juice after 2 minutes or so with no way to regen it?

(Or is there something I'm missing from the way spirit regen works?).

Bowazon might crap over river of souls but unfortunately I don't have a Tyr or Saturn rune, and probably won't get one for a looooong time apparently due to their rareness. Also re Omega, I have 39 points at the moment in total so am a long time off being able to max anything. I honestly have no idea how you folks have so many points!

This game is slightly frustrating with the huge number of systems in it and the lack of a decent wiki or guides out there. Guess it will make it more satisfying in the long run when I have it all figured out...

What you're missing is the level five proc on Mkraan equates to an extra 240 spirit regeneration per minute. So on top of having more health and larger spirit pool, you also gain crucial sustain. That proc also clears full rooms if got ever decide to prestige, but that's irrelevant for most players.

The issue with going with Gung is you're taking slightly higher damage output from burst at a tradeoff for sustainability and survivability. The critical rating quickly hits diminishing returns considering most of us easily hit 40%+ critical chance with him without it. The critical damage on Gung is always good. If you go with Gung, you have no choice but to take River of Souls, but will still find yourself running out of spirit. Your two choices then are to put points into his water elemental basic or spam his basic, both of which are big damage losses.

I hear you in not having omega points yet, but I'm looking at things from the long term horizon. The destroyer armor node is considered the best route for Star-Lord, and it gains value from having a larger spirit pool. With five points it gives you a 5% chance to regenerate a chunk of spirit whenever you get below 50% spirit. A larger spirit pool means it kicks in while you have more left in the tank and keeps things ticking. When I'm in a raid, I easily have 600+ spirit running with my build (I think closer to 700). Think of it this way: I start receiving those spirit procs at approximately the same spirit count as your full spirit pool since you aren't using Mkraan.

I hear you about the frustration in terms of the number of different systems. I think the game is in desperate need of some better tutorial or streamlining.

Maledict

I think my issue with the Mkraan legendary is that the images on the web don't have a spirit regen proc at level 5, hence it looked slightly useless to me. If it's different in game I'll probably convert the grungir over when I'm next on. Thanks very much for responding!

(Although how I'll ever actually get to rank 5 on a legendary is beyond me. That's like going from level 59 to 60 100 times...).

And yes, the systems are confusing and overwhelming as hell. Apologies for my constant questions here and in game, but it's really not intuitive. Even basic stuff like terminals, and killing trash in cosmic terminals for bonus chests is *not* immediately obvious.

Any whose, in terms of general upgrades - given I don't have endless time to play, what's my best options for getting those upgrades I need now? Daily shared quests, chain running cosmic terminals, Xavier defense?

Sblargh

Banned
Welp; people are already overgeared to hell for this raid, haha.

Pugged with one group, horrible jerk as leader, whatever. Killed twins in 6 minutes; Slag in 7 or so; Monolith is free; got to sisters, internet died. Ok, I was kind of fed up of someone being stressed out angry at everything in the world when we are on the way to a less-than-30-minutes run.

Reconnect, look for another pug, this one is even better; Twins in 5 minutes; Slag somewhere around that time, too; monolith free once more; sisters in 7 minutes and Surtur died before the portal team could kill the monolith.

So, two pugs, both runs smooth as smooth can be. Little fun, tho, felt more like going through the motions.

GManDH

Welp; people are already overgeared to hell for this raid, haha.

Pugged with one group, horrible jerk as leader, whatever. Killed twins in 6 minutes; Slag in 7 or so; Monolith is free; got to sisters, internet died. Ok, I was kind of fed up of someone being stressed out angry at everything in the world when we are on the way to a less-than-30-minutes run.

Reconnect, look for another pug, this one is even better; Twins in 5 minutes; Slag somewhere around that time, too; monolith free once more; sisters in 7 minutes and Surtur died before the portal team could kill the monolith.

So, two pugs, both runs smooth as smooth can be. Little fun, tho, felt more like going through the motions.

This is why i tell ppl that u dont have to be EXTREME geared for the raid. truthfully 6 ppl can prob carry 4 ppl through the raid. I hope that more and more ppl can do raids in less than 1hr that means i can do every hero in a week.

This is why i tell ppl that u dont have to be EXTREME geared for the raid. truthfully 6 ppl can prob carry 4 ppl through the raid. I hope that more and more ppl can do raids in less than 1hr that means i can do every hero in a week.

Well the whole over-gearing thing started from when the raid was still in beta and tuned at or around what they think the red level raid will be. But yeah, now the raid is pretty easy if everyone knows what they're doing and has pretty good gear.

It's also gonna get way easier as people unlock the unique item level upgrades.

Top Bottom